Sponsored

PD Blowers - 2.3 vs 2.8 vs 3.2 etc.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Is it safe to say that the smaller 2.3 blowers make torque and HP sooner put will not have the high top end peak # as a larger 3.2 for example?

ie. what are the benefits of the smaller size besides price and possibly reliability?

Thanks.
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Sry no experience with KB but my Whipple makes over 500tq at 3k. It's a 2.9.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
2.8KB will make 500ft lbs at 3000 and has the umph if you want to put the party pulley on to necessitate a built motor :thumbsup:

however 500ft lbs with street tires (anything other than drag radials) and 0 suspension mods just make traction control freak out and great mustang memes.

if youre wondering which one to go with, go with what you think is best. they all perform great. some people will say the kenne bell is a toaster or the eaton/tvs is crap, but thats mostly misinformed opinions. at 600-700whp they will all do what you need to do. just dont buy the edelbrock.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
there is no hard and fast rule.. you would have to compare blowers to pulley sizes. to boost amount and so much stuff.. from the dyno sheets i have seen the Whipple seems to produce slightly lower peak tq. thatn my roush but they will all do what ever you want. tuning will change a lot as well

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang_Lou

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Am I wrong in assuming that the smaller blowers spool up quicker in partial throttle?

Although, heck, can't argue with those crazy high TQ #'s at 3000 rpm, but that's at WOT on a dyno. I'm curious on the street more so when daily driving it.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Am I wrong in assuming that the smaller blowers spool up quicker in partial throttle?

Although, heck, can't argue with those crazy high TQ #'s at 3000 rpm, but that's at WOT on a dyno. I'm curious on the street more so when daily driving it.
think its more about efficiency. you can spin them as fast as you want. at low PSI theoretically the smaller chamber is more efficient and faster.. as the psi goes up the larger volume will be more efficient.. real life you probably wont notice a difference either way.. which seems cooler to you? i have the roush phase 1 kit cuz factory warranty.. if not id probably have gone the whipple or turbo.. no answer is wrong

OP
OP
Mustang_Lou

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
think its more about efficiency. you can spin them as fast as you want. at low PSI theoretically the smaller chamber is more efficient and faster.. as the psi goes up the larger volume will be more efficient.. real life you probably wont notice a difference either way.. which seems cooler to you? i have the roush phase 1 kit cuz factory warranty.. if not id probably have gone the whipple or turbo.. no answer is wrong
The Roush is 2.3 correct? Where does the increase in TQ make itself noticeable from before (ie. what RPM, throttle %)?

So after owning the Roush you've got a bit of buyers remorse because you want more??

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The Roush is 2.3 correct? Where does the increase in TQ make itself noticeable from before (ie. what RPM, throttle %)?

So after owning the Roush you've got a bit of buyers remorse because you want more??
yes its 2.3 on stock roush tune.. its 400 wtq at 2500 rpm and about 470wtq at 3k rpm. car made 590whp and 520wtq all stock..

no remorse there is plenty here i can barely use.. dealing with traction problems mostly and i know if i want more i can grab the vmp packages and hit 680-700whp easy..

OP
OP
Mustang_Lou

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
yes its 2.3 on stock roush tune.. its 400 wtq at 2500 rpm and about 470wtq at 3k rpm. car made 590whp and 520wtq all stock..

no remorse there is plenty here i can barely use.. dealing with traction problems mostly and i know if i want more i can grab the vmp packages and hit 680-700whp easy..
That's 680 at the flywheel - very nice. So VMP has something that will alter your existing Roush blower? Or will it require a different blower? Assume the latter but wanted to be sure.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
That's 680 at the flywheel - very nice. So VMP has something that will alter your existing Roush blower? Or will it require a different blower? Assume the latter but wanted to be sure.
add ons to the blower.. standard stuff like pulley, BAP, throttle body, tune, injectors.. plenty of upgrade can be done with the provided head unit.. like paul running 9.4 on stock motor stock mt82 with a roush car.

Rlhay2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper
So VMP has something that will alter your existing Roush blower?
The VMP uses the same 2.3L rotors but their case is custom designed to minimize intake and pumping losses. For a street car or autocross the torque production of the VMP is hard to discount.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The VMP uses the same 2.3L rotors but their case is custom designed to minimize intake and pumping losses. For a street car or autocross the torque production of the VMP is hard to discount.
they have their own gen 2 blower but they sell add ons to roush blowers

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
add ons to the blower.. standard stuff like pulley, BAP, throttle body, tune, injectors.. plenty of upgrade can be done with the provided head unit.. like paul running 9.4 on stock motor stock mt82 with a roush car.
With nitrous*

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Still impressive but does it say so on the 1/4 mile list ?
Sponsored