Sponsored

Thinking to buy a Mustang

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang to be
I have always been a european / japanese sport car owner and never own any Amercian car, but currently in the market for a new car and want to give amercian muscle car a try.
I am mainly choosing between Mustang or Camero, II searched online and notice there are very mixed info about different trim with mustang.
can anyone here tell me what is the different between GT & Bullitt , will bullitt be significantly faster?
are they supercharged?
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
can anyone here tell me what is the different between GT & Bullitt , will bullitt be significantly faster?
are they supercharged?
Good morning and welcome to the forum. Lou is 100% correct. You have a lot of reading to do. Checkout the Mustang Vs. sub forum. Lot's of information about the Camaro.

But I will answer you're two specific questions. The only factory Mustang with a SC is the Shelby GT500. All others are N/A (naturally aspirated). The Bullitt is a special two year (2019-20) edition meant to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the famous movie. It does have 20 more HP but that doesn't really result in a significant difference in speed. The Bullitt is only available with the M6 if that is a consideration.

Lastly a lot of the criticism of the Camaro pertains to the interior comfort and visibility. Only you can tell if this is an issue for you. I would strongly suggest setting up test drives of different models to see what you like and what you don't.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Long time Chevy and Camaro fan here. I still own 2 other chevy vehicles and overall prefer them still. I was considering the ZL1 or a Corvette. After a few test drives I couldn't live with the interior or visibility. I never owned a Ford but fell in love with the mustang experience and just decided to supercharge it. btw, you might want to consider waiting for the Mach 1 also if you're not in a hurry. looks to be the best s550 yet.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Elementary Watson. First drivetrains:
Engines
1. 2.3 which is a 4 cylinder with a factory turbo 305 hp. They have a high performance model that has a road handling package and a tune for a few more horsepower.
2. 5.0 which is a 8 cylinder 460 HP standard except the Bulitt
3. 5.0 Bulitt which is same V8 with a different air induction system adding 20 hp. The model is only available in manual transmission.

Transmissions
MT-6 6 speed manual
A10 10 speed automatic
A6. 6 speed automatic on older models

Models
Eco -boost
GT. Blank canvas, avaible in base, or premium packages, all colors available
PP1.
PP2.
California Special, available certain years, premium packages only, certain colors
Bulitt, available certain years, green or lback, manual only, premium only.

All of this is complicated because so many different ways to option. The biggest one to separate the herd is either a base model which is cloth interior, sparten dash, light weight. Or premium which is leather, upgrade drivetrain controls, possibility of heated cooled seats etc....

If I got any of this wrong please let me know so I can change.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Spend lots of time on Ford's site. Read and understand all the different models and options.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
PP1. For people who like drag racing
PP2. For people who like road racing
Bulitt, available certain years, green or lback, manual only, premium only. Road racing parts......

If I got any of this wrong please let me know so I can change.
PP1 isn't meant for drag racing, any more than PP2. PP1 is all about handling, brakes and cooling, none of which a drag racer cares much about. PP2 is the next level of handling.

A Bullit is basically a PP1 car.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP1 isn't meant for drag racing, any more than PP2. PP1 is all about handling, brakes and cooling, none of which a drag racer cares much about. PP2 is the next level of handling.

I mis understood those options, going to edit out

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride

Tell that to the Ford engineers who made “Drag Mode” exclusive to PP vehicles with Magneride ;)
Spoiler: I’m joking

OP, the GT w/PP1 and Magneride is virtually equal to a Bullitt. The Bullitt is mostly a cosmetic package, however it does have a different intake manifold which adds 20hp, but the Bullitt is manual-only so a 10-speed PP1 GT should outperform it. There’s also a Mach1 coming which, afaik, is basically a PP2 Bullitt that’s available as an automatic.

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
Long time Chevy and Camaro fan here. I still own 2 other chevy vehicles and overall prefer them still. I was considering the ZL1 or a Corvette. After a few test drives I couldn't live with the interior or visibility. I never owned a Ford but fell in love with the mustang experience and just decided to supercharge it. btw, you might want to consider waiting for the Mach 1 also if you're not in a hurry. looks to be the best s550 yet.
You think the Mach 1 looks to be better than either the GT350 or GT500?

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Actually I prefer the looks of whatever that white one is below. Not a fan of the GT500 design. Too busy looking. AS far better I should have said best GT based s550. The Shelby's are superior cars but I guess the Mach 1 will be pretty close to the gt350.

mustang-2021.jpg
upload_2020-9-2_16-49-21.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
No. The GT350 and GT500 are Shelby’s and very special. Very powerful and very expensive.

The Mach 1 was designed to be the best GT ever. Of course no one here has driven one yet so we have to wait until next year to really see how they compare.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
plus we need to remember the car will look different in a Walmart parking lot.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think the most important thing would be to actually drive them. My wife and I tried out a Challenger just to see if we would like it. Short version, we did not. Meanwhile, the first time we drove a new 18 GT, it was a giggle machine. Immediately brought a smile to your face. Check both out. All the specifications in the world won't tell you how it feels.
Completely agree. The Mustang was actually the last car I test drove. It was literally on the bottom of my list. Nothing against Fords, I just thought they wanted a lot of money for a GT is all.
I test drove a Charger, liked it, liked the roominess, but I wanted a SCAT pack and couldn't find a dealer at the time to order me one. All of them (I went to 4 dealers) had excess SRT-8s and were practically begging to get rid of them, but I didn't want an SRT-8 for $55k, I wanted a SCAT pack for $40k. So I gave up.
Then I test drove a Camaro SS and it performed great, handled great, but the car I was driving was a rattle-fest brand new. Then the blind spot monitoring system didn't work well, or really at all. I test drove a different SS and it didn't rattle, but same problem with the blind spot monitoring. The dealer said a software fix would be coming soon for it but I wasn't impressed by the 2 I drove, seemed below average quality to me. If you plan on occasionally driving it, no problem! But I needed a daily I could beat on and the two I drove didn't inspire confidence in longevity.
Then I drove a WRX STi, and they just plain wanted too much money for an old car, more or less.
I saw my Mustang in an ad for a dealer on Facebook of all places. I loved the color and the wheels and thought yeah ok lets go try it out. Long story short, it started off more than the Camaro or the WRX but after haggling I got out the door the cheapest out of all the cars I test drove.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I think the most important thing would be to actually drive them. My wife and I tried out a Challenger just to see if we would like it. Short version, we did not. Meanwhile, the first time we drove a new 18 GT, it was a giggle machine. Immediately brought a smile to your face. Check both out. All the specifications in the world won't tell you how it feels.
I completely agree driving is necessary to find what works for you.
Test drives are fine for fine tuning what you specifically like/want/need in a car but won't really tell you what it's like to live with one.
My suggestion is to rent each of the contenders for a week or two. That will tell you what it would be like in your lifestyle.

Personally, I bought the mustang because I've always wanted one and have been extremely happy with it. But I was curious and rented a Camaro for a few days on vacation. I was impressed with a few things but overall I'm very glad I I got the Mustang.
Sponsored