Thinking on Buying a Mustang GT

ravengenesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rai
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
Lol whats up with the Mazdaspeed people going to Mustangs. I used to own a 2010 MS3 and that thing was fun but I got really tired of how it looked, I'm required to dress in a dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes everyday for work, I thought it looked funny as I would come out of a smiling Mazda hatchback that looked like a Japanese Import trying to be a European Hatchback that a 16 year old kid would probably drive.:lol::lol:

And as far as respect I know what you mean, for the 2 years I had the MS3 people did the same thing to me even though my car was much faster. I think it's because the MS3 looks like a immature high school kids car, im sure people do the same to riced out civics. In my Mustang (even though its a V6), people get out of the way even when im not going that fast. The Mustang has a stronger street presence.
I had a 2010 Speed3, that thing was the first batch from Japan with 3 miles on it. Dealer didn't know what he's gonna do with the 13 allotted to them.

I traded that in for a Mercedes C Coupe, and it was the dumbest decision ever. Should have just bought a $2000 beater that looked less childish and just kept the MS3 as my fun car.

I don't get why you think the Speed3 isn't fast enough, when that turbo kicks in, you actually feel the power. The GT power delivery is so linear, I miss the turbo feel.

As a matter of fact I was looking up the price of a used 2010 MS3 again, since I truly do miss that pocket rocket. Such a sleeper.
Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I am 5'4 inches with a long torso and short legs. Normal sized Capri and full-length pants on me.

I did look at the Camero and the seats were too big. Same for ST & RS, even the WRX STI seats are just a tad too big. Just too much angle up and the seat length is too long.

Give me a few minutes to draw a photo and I will show you guys what is happening to me :)
I think I get where you're coming from. My mom is 5'3" and Capris fit her like they are jeans.

OP
OP

OmegaRze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed 3
attachment.jpg

Okay! As you can see my legs are short and if I were to press down on am imaginary clutch right before my knee has to press into the seat, which then cuts circulation which then makes my foot swell. If that makes sense why I need a seat that isn't too long.

FYI my dress pants are length short. and still touch the ground :doh:
leg.jpg

OP
OP

OmegaRze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed 3
I had a 2010 Speed3, that thing was the first batch from Japan with 3 miles on it. Dealer didn't know what he's gonna do with the 13 allotted to them.

I traded that in for a Mercedes C Coupe, and it was the dumbest decision ever. Should have just bought a $2000 beater that looked less childish and just kept the MS3 as my fun car.

I don't get why you think the Speed3 isn't fast enough, when that turbo kicks in, you actually feel the power. The GT power delivery is so linear, I miss the turbo feel.

As a matter of fact I was looking up the price of a used 2010 MS3 again, since I truly do miss that pocket rocket. Such a sleeper.

I miss the really good power delivery of the WRX and 370Z and I miss being able to drive the boss on occasion and that scary brutal power delivery. :) I kinda want Boss power without owning a Boss and Boss problems.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
The mazdaspeed 3 was kind of an impulse purchase to get me everything the 370z didn't have. It's a quick car no doubt, it's just one of the slowest cars I've owned. The tiburon was slower yes, and the RX-8 is debatable. I can tell you though the RX-8 felt a ton faster then the MS3. That 9k redline man was beautiful!
Oh yea definitely I've seen some fast ass MS3's, plus theyre already pretty quick stock. I actually cross shopped my V6 mustang with the 370, problem was 370 was much more expensive...and was strictly a 2 seater so I just went with my Stang and glad I did because I sometimes have people in the backseat plus the trunk is actually pretty big.

I don't regret getting my Mustang and prefer it over the MS3 since it looks better, sounds better and naturally aspirated. As far as speed, I think my 3.7 is still faster than an MS3 but not by that much, the MS3 does move. The thing I like though is that the NA V6 builds power much more smoothly and consistently than the Turbo, it also feels and sounds more powerful. With my MS3, it wasn’t until 2nd gear at around 2-2.5k rpm when turbo spooled and you felt the quickness, 1st gear was fking horrible. There are times I miss my MS3 but I much prefer a naturally aspirated engine.

With that said, I’ve test driven the GT many times and power-wise you won’t be disappointed at all, the MT makes the GT more fun as well. You will get respect on the road too, it is an american icon…maybe Camaros/Challengers will try to mess with you but those 3 are rivals anyway. But keep in mind, it is a 2 door coupe, back seats are pretty tight and you won’t be able to fit big or tall people in the back, even my 5’8 cousin has a hard time fitting back there.

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
OMG, i could fit you in my purse. so adorbs.

ergonomically, you're going to have a bitch of a time regardless what you choose.

Good luck, i'm sure it's not easy when you like less than pedestrian cars and are short.

OP
OP

OmegaRze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed 3
OMG, i could fit you in my purse. so adorbs.

ergonomically, you're going to have a bitch of a time regardless what you choose.

Good luck, i'm sure it's not easy when you like less than pedestrian cars and are short.
:lol::lol::lol:

That's why it's so tempting first V8 car I can ergo fit into

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP

I think you may have misunderstood…I didn’t say I think the MS3 was slow. That thing was quick as balls when the turbo kicked in and I’ve gotten in trouble……many times……due to it lol. Almost had a reckless driving ticket but the cop liked the car so much he let me off with a warning, which I was lucky because I was swerving in and out of traffic like a dude running from the cops.

I do prefer the naturally aspirated engine though, I just like how it builds power compared to the turbo. I miss the MS3 and sometimes I feel like going to a dealership just to test drive on to bring the memories back haha.

OP
OP

OmegaRze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed 3
I think you may have misunderstood…I didn’t say I think the MS3 was slow. That thing was quick as balls when the turbo kicked in and I’ve gotten in trouble……many times……due to it lol. Almost had a reckless driving ticket but the cop liked the car so much he let me off with a warning, which I was lucky because I was swerving in and out of traffic like a dude running from the cops.

I do prefer the naturally aspirated engine though, I just like how it builds power compared to the turbo. I miss the MS3 and sometimes I feel like going to a dealership just to test drive on to bring the memories back haha.
I was just saying to me it feels slow compared to the other cars. I understood what you said. :) It is quick, I've been pulled over for excessive show of speed. By the time you get full boost in 3rd gear in the MS3 because torque steer limits boost in gear 1 and 2, you are already over the speed limit.

That's kinda why I want the more linear feel of a V8, but I have only test driven a GT for maybe 2-3 miles. The only mustangs I have real time behind the wheel is a 2016 GT350 and a 2012 Boss 302 - which have been the BFs two mustangs. I really need to test the GT and see if it gives that brutal power feel I want that I got from the Boss 302.

Sponsored

ravengenesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rai
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White

I was just saying to me it feels slow compared to the other cars. I understood what you said. :) It is quick, I've been pulled over for excessive show of speed. By the time you get full boost in 3rd gear in the MS3 because torque steer limits boost in gear 1 and 2, you are already over the speed limit.

That's kinda why I want the more linear feel of a V8, but I have only test driven a GT for maybe 2-3 miles. The only mustangs I have real time behind the wheel is a 2016 GT350 and a 2012 Boss 302 - which have been the BFs two mustangs. I really need to test the GT and see if it gives that brutal power feel I want that I got from the Boss 302.
^ Was directed back to the OP, but she answered it herself.

Honestly been going to Costco with the Mustang, it fits, till you get home to unload things... crammed to the back seat.

I have a mazda 6 as the family / grocery car, but it never goes that way.

I'm 5'7 only and my fiance is 5'3 (don't tell her I called out her height). We have identical length legs. (Yes, I'm short I get it), I only out length her in torso. Both of us have no problems reaching the clutch, and the stock clutch is very generous compared to the MS3, which only has like 2 hair lengths of play (quick clutch with medium throws, not as sweet as the civic si).
Sponsored