Vehicle Showcase

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Get the Mustang if it fits you. You won't be sorry.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
You can definitely daily the GT! In my opinion, if you're going to daily it, get an automatic. If it is going to be a weekend toy, get a manual.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
That's just silly. As if driving a manual requires a lot more effort.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Lol whats up with the Mazdaspeed people going to Mustangs. I used to own a 2010 MS3 and that thing was fun but I got really tired of how it looked, I'm required to dress in a dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes everyday for work, I thought it looked funny as I would come out of a smiling Mazda hatchback that looked like a Japanese Import trying to be a European Hatchback that a 16 year old kid would probably drive.:lol::lol:

And as far as respect I know what you mean, for the 2 years I had the MS3 people did the same thing to me even though my car was much faster. I think it's because the MS3 looks like a immature high school kids car, im sure people do the same to riced out civics. In my Mustang (even though its a V6), people get out of the way even when im not going that fast. The Mustang has a stronger street presence.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lol whats up with the Mazdaspeed people going to Mustangs. I used to own a 2010 MS3 and that thing was fun but I got really tired of how it looked, I'm required to dress in a dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes everyday for work, I thought it looked funny as I would come out of a smiling Mazda hatchback that looked like a Japanese Import trying to be a European Hatchback that a 16 year old kid would probably drive.:lol::lol:

And as far as respect I know what you mean, for the 2 years I had the MS3 people did the same thing to me even though my car was much faster. I think it's because the MS3 looks like a immature high school kids car, im sure people do the same to riced out civics. In my Mustang (even though its a V6), people get out of the way even when im not going that fast. The Mustang has a stronger street presence.
My best friend has a MS3 and has a deposit down on a '17 GT350. He tracks and DD's his Mazda. Having sat shotgun in it while going around Road America, I can say that the MS3 is no joke. Very quick, good handling car. He embarrasses a lot of people.

OP
OP

OmegaRze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed 3
My best friend has a MS3 and has a deposit down on a '17 GT350. He tracks and DD's his Mazda. Having sat shotgun in it while going around Road America, I can say that the MS3 is no joke. Very quick, good handling car. He embarrasses a lot of people.
He will LOVE that GT350 - I thought we loved the Boss 302, but nothing is like that Voodoo engine in the price range.

I would get a GT350, but I cannot afford one unfortunately.

OP
OP

OmegaRze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed 3

The mazdaspeed 3 was kind of an impulse purchase to get me everything the 370z didn't have. It's a quick car no doubt, it's just one of the slowest cars I've owned. The tiburon was slower yes, and the RX-8 is debatable. I can tell you though the RX-8 felt a ton faster then the MS3. That 9k redline man was beautiful!

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
so I'll be honest about the GT. Everything is great except for a few things I consider weak points. Luckily they can be solved fairly inexpensively. The things I consider weak points on this car are:

floppy inaccurate shifter - Shifter can be solved with an MGW shifter, completely fixes the vague, play happy, and shift lockouts the stock one has - $500. I consider this to be the best mod on the car as you interact with it so often and it dramatically improves shifting feel.

Lowsy audio system - kind of bias as I came from two Lexus Mark Levinson systems and the stangs base audio was terrible. Friend and I spent some time designing and tuning a system and I installed it myself - $1500. YMMV on this as some dont care much about audio.

floppy Independant Rear Suspension - lot of wheel hop and rear subframe play due to soft bushings. Fixed with a BMR CB005 Cradle Lockout kit ~$170, and a differential bushing insert kit - under $100. CB005 aligns the rear end and it felt a lot more stable under launching and power than it did before. Wheel hop is also killer the rear drivetrain from vibrations and stress. I also consider this a durability mod.

underdamped PP shocks - lot of us complained about a floaty jittery feel of PP ride which is due to the shocks. I personally went to BMR springs and Koni adjustable shocks, and it was a HUGE improvement in ride quality much more refined feeling. Can adjust stiffness for daily and track work easily.

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I'd also check out the Camaro before you firmly decide on the Mustang. They were very comparable cars and they are nearly equally equipped. I'd also consider the Focus ST or Focus RS as well.

I know your chief complaint was the recaros that are optional on the Focus line. How tall are you? My wife and I (we are both women) also have a Focus ST with the recaros, and at first I hated the seating position in it, but I've actually come to prefer it over the seating in the Mustang over time. We are both taller though, being 5'9" and 5'10"

But anyway, the Recaros are options in the Mustang and the Focus, and you can get it without them. I don't like the "base" seats in the Focus, but they're about equivalent to what the Mustang has.

OP
OP

OmegaRze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mazdaspeed 3
I'd also check out the Camaro before you firmly decide on the Mustang. They were very comparable cars and they are nearly equally equipped. I'd also consider the Focus ST or Focus RS as well.

I know your chief complaint was the recaros that are optional on the Focus line. How tall are you? My wife and I (we are both women) also have a Focus ST with the recaros, and at first I hated the seating position in it, but I've actually come to prefer it over the seating in the Mustang over time. We are both taller though, being 5'9" and 5'10"

But anyway, the Recaros are options in the Mustang and the Focus, and you can get it without them. I don't like the "base" seats in the Focus, but they're about equivalent to what the Mustang has.

I am 5'4 inches with a long torso and short legs. Normal sized Capri and full-length pants on me.

I did look at the Camero and the seats were too big. Same for ST & RS, even the WRX STI seats are just a tad too big. Just too much angle up and the seat length is too long.

Give me a few minutes to draw a photo and I will show you guys what is happening to me :)

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
if she didnt like the Z because it was an impractical 2 seater, the camaro isnt much better. Its backseats are pretty bad compared to the stang. Im 5'9 and can sit behind my seating position in the stang pretty comfortably. The camaro I couldnt