Sponsored

Thinking of buying a GT ...

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Yeah, personally living in AZ I don't have to worry about snow or freezing temps even really. Last week it was a bit colder in the mornings on my way to work and the tires definitely slipped a bit more. Not uncontrollably, but I noticed a difference driving the same route when it was 20 degrees warmer. Either way, I do fine with it as a daily.
Sponsored

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
Slap a set of all-seasons on your GT/PP and you'd be all set. I put on a set of Continental DWS 06s about 24 hours after I bought my '16. They work great, and I need to drive in light/moderate snow sometimes in Connecticut. If you spend around $35K-$40K for a new Mustang, it's worth spending a couple of extra bucks to make sure you can drive in bad/cold weather without worrying about traction.

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
I got the performance package because it's too good value for that money.
For tires I replaced the stock with BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S
and I got another set of wheels (forgestar F14 with nitto invo) for summer. That way you get different look from summer to winter also :D

Civic2stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Piggy back question:

Are the rims all the same size on a PP GT? I know the tires are different from the factory, but when those wear out can I get a set of four tires and do a normal rotation, or is s GT PP buyer forever stuck with different fronts and rears (couldn't find this info on the ford site).

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Drive my GT/PP all year round on stock summer Pirellis, even in the blizzard in NJ and snowed last friday drives just fine. Its not the car its the driver. If you redline in cold wet weather then you'll total your car. If your an experienced driver you will be fine. Its a myth, just dont get stuck somewhere. I havent put my car in sport mode in a while. It is going to snow here again tonight and tomorrow and ill be driving to work tomorrow.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Litefoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda,Mazda,GMC
Piggy back question:

Are the rims all the same size on a PP GT? I know the tires are different from the factory, but when those wear out can I get a set of four tires and do a normal rotation, or is s GT PP buyer forever stuck with different fronts and rears (couldn't find this info on the ford site).
The pp runs a staggered set up 19x9 with a 255 tireup front 19x9.5 with a 275 tire rear. Alot of threads in the tire/wheel side of forum on how to change to square set up.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Drive my GT/PP all year round on stock summer Pirellis, even in the blizzard in NJ and snowed last friday drives just fine. Its not the car its the driver. If you redline in cold wet weather then you'll total your car. If your an experienced driver you will be fine. Its a myth, just dont get stuck somewhere. I havent put my car in sport mode in a while. It is going to snow here again tonight and tomorrow and ill be driving to work tomorrow.
Not sure what part of NJ you're in, but you wouldn't make it very far in Northwestern NJ in ANY snow with a Mustang; never mind with summer tires. I can say that for a fact because I lived in NJ for many years, and even with all season tires and a FWD car I was going nowhere. That was in the snow storm of 2011 that struck on Halloween; I ended up getting my car dragged home with a tow strap by a Silverado 2500.

After that experience, I bought a Jeep, and all my other cars now stay in the garage in the foul weather. There is no replacement for a 4x4 vehicle, taking a Mustang out in the snow is pure foolishness.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Not sure what part of NJ you're in, but you wouldn't make it very far in Northwestern NJ in ANY snow with a Mustang; ...

After that experience, I bought a Jeep, and all my other cars now stay in the garage in the foul weather. There is no replacement for a 4x4 vehicle, taking a Mustang out in the snow is pure foolishness.
I really doubt you need a 4x4 in NJ. I should know, I live in Texas :thumbsup:

just wait for the roads to get plowed, and then run the appropriate tires for what you are trying to do :

[ame]

Now salt is another matter. For that I would drive a Jeep / Chrysler :lol:

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
So was pulling out of a street leaving from a job site. Turning left and traffic was coming so I put it to about 35-40% throttle but I guess it was too cold and too sharp of a stab on the throttle. Did a small power slide all the way to the far most lane. Which is where I intended to go but still kinda a pucker moment. lol.

I have the wheel package which comes with the perilli zeros and yeah, they kinda suck. But to be fair I come from having two other generation V6s with crap power in comparison so ....

Ask any racer, any real racer .... its not about your tires, its about how you use them lol.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
If you're driving it daily, have no doubt - your pirellis will be worn out by next winter anyway. The question then is just if you want to keep the staggered wheels and put different tires on them, or buy new wheels in a square setup(also with new tires of course).

I chose new wheels in a square setup so I could get 275s on all four corners and rotate my tires.

Sponsored

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
If you're driving it daily, have no doubt - your pirellis will be worn out by next winter anyway. The question then is just if you want to keep the staggered wheels and put different tires on them, or buy new wheels in a square setup(also with new tires of course).

I chose new wheels in a square setup so I could get 275s on all four corners and rotate my tires.
Dont know if this was directed at me or not but the wheel package on the base GT comes with square wheels as far as I am aware. I have heard these tires wear out quickly, which is not cool. But it is what it is. Will get some nice nittos or something.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I've driving on Pirelli's in some pretty damn cold weather, it slides around like the plastic tires of a Big Wheel. But they certainly don't fall off the rim or anything.
This is the best description of the summer P-Nero's in the cold that I've read so far. Below 55F the summer P-Zero have to be driven with a soft foot but where is the fun in that?

Dave99GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang Convertible
summer tires in cold weather create traction issues. Not only for accelerating, which can get you sidewise, but also think about the traction issues on braking. Not being able to stop quickly or slowdown when someone pulls out in front of you is an issue. Get all seasons or winter tires if you live in cold weather.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Dont know if this was directed at me or not but the wheel package on the base GT comes with square wheels as far as I am aware. I have heard these tires wear out quickly, which is not cool. But it is what it is. Will get some nice nittos or something.
It was for Litefoot, regarding the PP.
Sponsored