OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Hope you like driveline noise lol. That brace is 100% unnecessary if you've done through bolts and aluminum inserts. Parts for parts sake.
My car will mostly see drag duty. Noise doesn't bother me. Maybe it's overkill, but I definitely don't wanna go through this again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Fair enough, I just see the wallet emptying machine striking again!
That is definitely happening lol

Taking the axles and driveshaft to DSS on the 28th. Really hope only minor damage on em.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Depending on your exhaust I think the driveline noise complaint is over rated. I went for the aluminum inserts as well from Steeda.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Depending on your exhaust I think the driveline noise complaint is over rated. I went for the aluminum inserts as well from Steeda.
My exhaust is pretty loud. Longtubes, full 3" Pypes x-bomb cat back. More noise ain't gonna hurt lol.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Its a dedicated drag car they make noise..it’s normal..

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Ok, next time you're testing your line-lock, use a water box like at the track to reduce the stress on everything.

FWIW, I've been doing the BMR diff lockout bushing kit (like you had) on my car this week. Because of your story I've replaced the fasteners with 12.9 SHCS in the front & back positions. I had to use the 10.9 in the front position that points forward because that's the only way I could get a socket on that one.

I'll never make your power, but it was a good lesson regardless.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Ok, next time you're testing your line-lock, use a water box like at the track to reduce the stress on everything.

FWIW, I've been doing the BMR diff lockout bushing kit (like you had) on my car this week. Because of your story I've replaced the fasteners with 12.9 SHCS in the front & back positions. I had to use the 10.9 in the front position that points forward because that's the only way I could get a socket on that one.

I'll never make your power, but it was a good lesson regardless.
I sprayed water down but it was drying quickly. Plus MPSS's get pretty sticky. Never crossed my mind this would be the result of a driveway burnout, but is what it is lol. We live and learn. I'm glad you were able to upgrade based on my experience. The main reason for this thread is to help get the word out so others don't have issues like I did.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
The main reason for this thread is to help get the word out so others don't have issues like I did.
I wish you didn't have to take it in the shorts, but, I honestly appreciate your vid. It did affect what I put my car this week.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I wish you didn't have to take it in the shorts, but, I honestly appreciate your vid. It did affect what I put my car this week.
Stuff happens. Glad I'm able to help out!

Sponsored

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
My head hurts.

Stick cars. Big power. Poor gearing. Odd clutch dumps.

Instead of installing an entire catalog....with aluminum pucks (Ewww) - just do it right.

1: Run whatever stock/poly option you want and THROUGH BOLT the diff mounts.

2: Run a solid aluminum bushing kit - which is THE ultimate method of ensuring strength. NVH can be wild though.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I watched your install video. It was interesting how you had to drill out the front bushings anyway. One thing I was thinking, maybe it would have been better to turn the front bolts back around so that they go in from the front. Otherwise you will have to pull axles to get them back out. Although hopefully they won't have to come out ever again...

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I watched your install video. It was interesting how you had to drill out the front bushings anyway. One thing I was thinking, maybe it would have been better to turn the front bolts back around so that they go in from the front. Otherwise you will have to pull axles to get them back out. Although hopefully they won't have to come out ever again...
I'll definitely take a look at that before final assembly and install into the car. My thinking is if I ever have to take them out, it's probably to drop the diff. If that's the case, I'd have to pull the axles anyway. I didn't want them going in from the front, because the cradle would have to be dropped quite a bit to remove them. I'd honestly rather pull axles than drop the entire cradle. Alignment will need to be checked every time the cradle is fully unbolted. But, good thinking and will definitely take a look at it.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
It is easier to torque the nut if you thread the bolt in through the back.
Sponsored