OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have to be honest I have gotten pretty good results with South Bay Ford in S. Cali. However, they will never be a BMW/Porsche or other luxury dealerships especially in a large city. Before my 2020 PP1 car I owned 4 M3s, 2 328s and an X3. When you brought your car to the dealer they did a full walk around and checked down the sides for dings and scratches and wrote down every imperfection as they knew the hell that would be brought down to them if they damaged the car. I remember getting BMW X6Ms for loaners, had an M5 once. Yea there is a reason why luxury brands hold on to their clients.
yeah I should go buy a BMW

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I have to be honest I have gotten pretty good results with South Bay Ford in S. Cali. However, they will never be a BMW/Porsche or other luxury dealerships especially in a large city. Before my 2020 PP1 car I owned 4 M3s, 2 328s and an X3. When you brought your car to the dealer they did a full walk around and checked down the sides for dings and scratches and wrote down every imperfection as they knew the hell that would be brought down to them if they damaged the car. I remember getting BMW X6Ms for loaners, had an M5 once. Yea there is a reason why luxury brands hold on to their clients.
Whats up Light Fighter!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've had bad experiences with basically all brands, including Ferrari. Yes, it's less likely with the high end ones, but not rare by any means. I literally pay for not having to use a dealer, but when a recall is too expensive, or just don't have a choice, then I reluctantly use one. But so far, 100% of my dealer experiences have been bad (bad jobs, dings, chips, scratches, scuffs, etc), so with those odds, I don't push my luck :D.

ETAGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
My local Ford dealer has been great, got my hood replaced last year under the corrosion warranty. My heated and cooled seats went out on me this past winter. Called to schedule service, gave my name, instantly he said the black mustang like I was there yesterday. Maybe I just got a good service guy.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I love stuffed mushrooms, and too many other foods as well. :crackup:

Except Lima beans. That's the one food I don't eat.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I love stuffed mushrooms, and too many other foods as well. :crackup:

Except Lima beans. That's the one food I don't eat.
I don’t think anyone actually does yet as kids I think we were all forced to eat them as some twisted parental plot.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don’t think anyone actually does yet as kids I think we were all forced to eat them as some twisted parental plot.
My mom used to buy frozen mixed vegetables. To this day I love peas, carrots, corn, etc. But those Lima beans, NFW.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My local Ford dealer has been great, got my hood replaced last year under the corrosion warranty. My heated and cooled seats went out on me this past winter. Called to schedule service, gave my name, instantly he said the black mustang like I was there yesterday. Maybe I just got a good service guy.
yeah that’s good... I’m going to be trying two different dealers on for the body work and the other for the a/c issue. I will see how it goes... I hope it all goes well because I like my car...

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Sponsored

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Guys,

if I take mine in, I specify no road test or the service is free. The service manager tried to give me crap and I told him the car was mine, not his. It's paid for. my property. If he elected to not help with no road test, I wanted Western Ford Rep on the line with him. He signed the addendum and said no problem. I always write down the mileage if I drop it off and expect it to be less than 0.1 miles more when I pick it up.

Before I started doing that, I had a 2002 Camaro SS 6-speed. I dropped it off one day and, when we went to lunch, I saw my car at a lunch place. I took out my cell phone and, when it left, I recorded the burnout. This was in Oregon. When I picked it up, I showed them the clip and said they owed mew a new clutch and rear tires and, if they gave me any grief about it, the clip was going to the local news channel. They apologized and complied without a fight. That's when I started specifying no road test.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The vast majority of Ford dealers are trash and have no respect for customers or their car(s)

When I bought my Mustang, I didn't notice one of the bumper clips was broken and the bumper was detached at that little spot by the headlight. I picked up the car late in the day, and only noticed once I got home.. Anyway, took it back the next day to point it out and get them to fix it (Did anyone really do a PDI on my car? I'd say no)... The body shop manager comes out and his first reaction was "Well, you must have hit something. No way the car left our lot like that". Needless to say, I pulled out my phone and showed him pictures of the car from 3 days prior, when I signed the paperwork for the car. Bumper clearly detached. That was strike #1. So after a him humming and hawing he books an appointment to paint and install a new bumper cover - the bad attitude was strike #2. I'm so sorry that I expect a brand new vehicle to be in factory condition. I didn't realize that was such a hard thing to ask for. Anyway, so comes the day to bring it in... I drop it off first thing in the morning when they open and give the keys to the body shop manager then head out. While waiting for a friend to come pick me up, I was snooping at some of the other new cars on the lot out front when all I could hear is my car revving out back. Apparently some junior tech had gotten a hold of the keys "to move the car inside" but decided it would be more fun to let it bounce off the limiter a few times. Man was I pissed.... I do worse things to my own car, but at this point its about respect. That was Strike 3 and needless to say I never went back to that dealer again after giving the manager a piece of my mind - and the manager didn't seem to give two shits about it either. Everyone at that dealership I encountered just had the worst attitudes. Some good is that they are getting some pretty bad reviews these days from other people... as they say, what goes around comes around...

Those of you in London, Ontario, Canada, stay away from Highbury Ford.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Guys,

if I take mine in, I specify no road test or the service is free. The service manager tried to give me crap and I told him the car was mine, not his. It's paid for. my property. If he elected to not help with no road test, I wanted Western Ford Rep on the line with him. He signed the addendum and said no problem. I always write down the mileage if I drop it off and expect it to be less than 0.1 miles more when I pick it up.

Before I started doing that, I had a 2002 Camaro SS 6-speed. I dropped it off one day and, when we went to lunch, I saw my car at a lunch place. I took out my cell phone and, when it left, I recorded the burnout. This was in Oregon. When I picked it up, I showed them the clip and said they owed mew a new clutch and rear tires and, if they gave me any grief about it, the clip was going to the local news channel. They apologized and complied without a fight. That's when I started specifying no road test.
The vast majority of Ford dealers are trash and have no respect for customers or their car(s)

When I bought my Mustang, I didn't notice one of the bumper clips was broken and the bumper was detached at that little spot by the headlight. I picked up the car late in the day, and only noticed once I got home.. Anyway, took it back the next day to point it out and get them to fix it (Did anyone really do a PDI on my car? I'd say no)... The body shop manager comes out and his first reaction was "Well, you must have hit something. No way the car left our lot like that". Needless to say, I pulled out my phone and showed him pictures of the car from 3 days prior, when I signed the paperwork for the car. Bumper clearly detached. That was strike #1. So after a him humming and hawing he books an appointment to paint and install a new bumper cover - the bad attitude was strike #2. I'm so sorry that I expect a brand new vehicle to be in factory condition. I didn't realize that was such a hard thing to ask for. Anyway, so comes the day to bring it in... I drop it off first thing in the morning when they open and give the keys to the body shop manager then head out. While waiting for a friend to come pick me up, I was snooping at some of the other new cars on the lot out front when all I could hear is my car revving out back. Apparently some junior tech had gotten a hold of the keys "to move the car inside" but decided it would be more fun to let it bounce off the limiter a few times. Man was I pissed.... I do worse things to my own car, but at this point its about respect. That was Strike 3 and needless to say I never went back to that dealer again after giving the manager a piece of my mind - and the manager didn't seem to give two shits about it either. Everyone at that dealership I encountered just had the worst attitudes. Some good is that they are getting some pretty bad reviews these days from other people... as they say, what goes around comes around...

Those of you in London, Ontario, Canada, stay away from Highbury Ford.
if I saw or heard that happening to my car I probably have to kick their ass or come pretty close to kicking it and trying not to break my damn foot off up in it.

oh and BTW how did the paint work turn out?

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Watch out, you're "painting with a broad brush". These are just "your experiences", so you can't write off every Ford dealer. Even if they apply :facepalm:

4-3-2-1 Mezcal Margarita:
4 oz. lime juice
3 oz. grapefruit juice
2 oz. mango puree (I used Naked brand, they have it at Target)
1 oz. blue agave nectar
8 oz. mezcal
Food dye of choice (optional)

Combine and shake thoroughly over ice. Serve in salt rimmed glass with additional ice.
Watch out, you're "painting with a broad brush". These are just "your experiences", so you can't write off every Ford dealer. Even if they apply :facepalm:

4-3-2-1 Mezcal Margarita:
4 oz. lime juice
3 oz. grapefruit juice
2 oz. mango puree (I used Naked brand, they have it at Target)
1 oz. blue agave nectar
8 oz. mezcal
Food dye of choice (optional)

Combine and shake thoroughly over ice. Serve in salt rimmed glass with additional ice.

Easier to buy pre made margarita mix...
Sponsored