Sponsored

Ford Dealers

WRC

There is definitely collusion and price setting when it comes to this. Dealers know what each other are charging and as long as everyone plays the game and keeps prices inflated, it works for them. If you can find one dealer in the area who sells at or close to MSRP, you will be lucky. The prob is you have no bargaining power when there is a waiting list of people willing and eager to buy a few thousand above MSRP.
Sponsored

Maestro5.0

I can see and understand a little gouging on the new model because it will be a milestone mustang along with a whole new body style and platform. But if the dealers think they will get away with 5K or more I'll have to sick my "tough bargaining" wife on them, LOL.
As the year goes on the gouging will hopefully go down a little and the dealers may be a little easier to bargain with. I wonder what kind of production numbers they will shot for, gotta be higher then the last few years, or will they do a limited number because of the milestone? To much unanswered questions, LOL.
Limited number of the base and GT? No reason for them to do that. Now with the global production, we'll see if there are production/allocation issues in the states, but they would not purposely limit production of those. The special models like the GT500 they will of course. But that will come much later after 2015.

OP
OP
Boydstang

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
Maestro5.0, Good point about the limited production numbers with the global production now. I guess I'm thinking limited production numbers on a 50th anniversary package, similar to the 40th anniversary package, which had the special paint, stripes, etc.... I'm sure they will have a special 50th anniversary package that will add another 1k or 2k to the price.

CoyoteMan

Maestro5.0, Good point about the limited production numbers with the global production now. I guess I'm thinking limited production numbers on a 50th anniversary package, similar to the 40th anniversary package, which had the special paint, stripes, etc.... I'm sure they will have a special 50th anniversary package that will add another 1k or 2k to the price.
Any idea how limited the 40th anniversary package was? I'm sure deals will find a way to mark those up too.

I saw it talked about on another thread here but didnt see any #s. I like how Ford doesn't put it standard on all of them. As slick as the 40th looked, I dont think I would want my Mustang to have an anniversary badge/carpeting etc after the first year. The colors though... they tend to be real nice.

crazyfastfreddy

Wait the anniversary package includes what? special colors and interior? They sell it separately for all of them? base, GT etc?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Boydstang

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
40th Anniversary Trim Package
All 2004 Mustangs came with the 40th Anniversary badges on their fenders. There was also a 40th Anniversary trim package which could be applied to the V6 or GT models. But only in the paint colors of Crimson Red, Black, or Oxford White. Additional 40th Anniversary Package features include: Arizona Beige (silver) dual hood and trunk stripes; matching rocker stripes; upgraded wheels; and a deluxe parchment interior with painted center console surrounds, metallic gray shifter bezel and door lock knobs, shift boot trim, and brushed aluminum pedals. The Crimson Red paint was exclusive to the 40th Anniversary Package.

That's what the 40th anniversary package came with. If I were a betting man I'd say Ford would do something similar for the 50th but that all just speculation at this point.
I read they made around 4,000 in crimson red, not sure about the black and white ones.

Prodigy

The only paint colors were crimson red, blk and white? The crimson red is nice but how about some more choices Ford. So the GT500 was just standard trim for 2004? Anyone know about how much it will be?

Ford Shelby Cobra Concept CIAutoShow.JPG
crimson red.jpg

HTownStang

Hello Mustang6G Members,
Just wondering if anyone has been to a ford dealership and inquired about the 2015 Mustang? I'm sure they don't have much info but who knows. I'd just like to possibly get my name on a list or even talk to them about the ordering process, if there is one this early. But it's only a year away so who knows.

Thanks
I would be shocked to see 5k+ markups, but you never know since this is one of the most anticipated redesigns in its history and the 50th. I dont know how going global is going to affect the domestic availability if at all. I'd expect dealers to definitely gouge a little at first, especially before the GT500 and other special models come out.

Agree with Vickstang also, dont believe dealers, they are salesman after all. I'm also wondering if they would take a deposit right now but if they dont know MSRP how can they? (No way to price gouge that way tho :))
:bump:

Don't be too shocked to see 5K plus markup. The C7 is already seeing dealers quoting upwards of $10K above MSRP. Crazy.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...tingray-already-attracts-steep-dealer-markups

If FMC knocks the S550 out of the park, we could see a similar stampede of buyers lined up to get one. Dealers are going to be drooling at this opportunity.
I'd like to see Ford take this into their own hands. Any difference in price only hurts Ford since they don't make any profit off of that. It only helps them to look out for the buyer here.

As the article says, Chevy does it by limiting the number of dealerships that get the Vette based on looking at their past record of sales. Anything close to $5k above sticker is going to be a huge deterrent for me and others. Some places had this last for more than 6 months last time around I hear. That's close enough for me to forgo a 2015 and wait for the next year. Ford DEFINITELY doesn't want that to happen.

J.Darcy

Don't be too shocked to see 5K plus markup. The C7 is already seeing dealers quoting upwards of $10K above MSRP. Crazy.

If FMC knocks the S550 out of the park, we could see a similar stampede of buyers lined up to get one. Dealers are going to be drooling at this opportunity.
I'd like to see Ford take this into their own hands. Any difference in price only hurts Ford since they don't make any profit off of that. It only helps them to look out for the buyer here.

As the article says, Chevy does it by limiting the number of dealerships that get the Vette based on looking at their past record of sales. Anything close to $5k above sticker is going to be a huge deterrent for me and others. Some places had this last for more than 6 months last time around I hear. That's close enough for me to forgo a 2015 and wait for the next year. Ford DEFINITELY doesn't want that to happen.

I read that there's even dealers wanting 20k markup for the C7 vette :eyebulge: Thats what I hate about any highly anticipated model - the price gouging. I can picture the Ford dealer salespeople already circling and salivating like sharks for this new 2015 model.

There better not be a $5k markup. That's a 15-20% markup on a typical Mustang!

evilrazor

Threads
Reaction score
My local dealer told me the next mustang won't be out till 2017. He obviously wanted me to buy a mustang that day and would of told me anything to get me to buy it.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
My dealer keeps asking me about 2015 details because they know I follow the car closely online. As for dealer markup. Sure some will try to slap an ADM and get it. However, you should be able to get these for invoice just like every other regular Stang within months after release.

Ricky35

My dealer keeps asking me about 2015 details because they know I follow the car closely online. As for dealer markup. Sure some will try to slap an ADM and get it. However, you should be able to get these for invoice just like every other regular Stang within months after release.
Hah same here. I've schooled my dealer (a friend) with details from this site. Even showed some of the guys at the dealer the M6G video clips showing the V8.

They got a huge kick out of it. I think at least a couple of them are lurkers now (hey Mike and Dylan if you're reading this :))

OP
OP
Boydstang

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
*UPDATE*

I went to my local Ford Dealership on Monday just to talk and maybe get some information, here's how it went.

He don't have much knowledge about the details of the car (I pretty much know that going in), I let him in on the information that I know, mostly stuff I have learned here. I told him about the Dec. 5th unveiling and what I'm in the market for, Black GT. I asked if there was any kind of list or something, he said "nope but you can be the first one", so I gave him some info about me and he said he would get back to me about any details he can find out.

He called back today with some info, (this is just the info he gave me so it could be true or false, I'm just being the messenger), He said order forms will be in around March with a June delivery date, so he said that he will keep me up-to-date with anything else he hears.

Once it gets closer to march him and I will sit down a discuss everything I want. I will keep you posted but seems to be pretty good info for now.

Like I said, I'm just the messenger, so this info may not be 100% but it's good enough for now.

Thanks

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
I went to my local Ford Dealership on Monday just to talk and maybe get some information, here's how it went.

He don't have much knowledge about the details of the car (I pretty much know that going in), I let him in on the information that I know, mostly stuff I have learned here. I told him about the Dec. 5th unveiling and what I'm in the market for, Black GT. I asked if there was any kind of list or something, he said "nope but you can be the first one", so I gave him some info about me and he said he would get back to me about any details he can find out.

He called back today with some info, (this is just the info he gave me so it could be true or false, I'm just being the messenger), He said order forms will be in around March with a June delivery date, so he said that he will keep me up-to-date with anything else he hears.

Once it gets closer to march him and I will sit down a discuss everything I want. I will keep you posted but seems to be pretty good info for now.

Like I said, I'm just the messenger, so this info may not be 100% but it's good enough for now.

Thanks
Wow, I hope he's right about June. That is several months earlier than I'm expecting to see them hitting the floors.

And OP, I would highly recommend NOT buying a car off the floor. Work with a few dealers and order one. That way you can get the exact car you want, the dealer won't be sticking you with options you don't want, there is no competition for a car on the lot, and the price shouldn't be marked up. With the production volume of the stang, a good dealer should have no problem ordering an extra car that they pay no flooring costs on, and making a few hundred bucks + dealer holdback in the process. I have some friends in the biz locally, and I don't expect to pay more than invoice for an ordered car.
Sponsored