Sponsored

Ford Dealers

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
Hello Mustang6G Members,
Just wondering if anyone has been to a ford dealership and inquired about the 2015 Mustang? I'm sure they don't have much info but who knows. I'd just like to possibly get my name on a list or even talk to them about the ordering process, if there is one this early. But it's only a year away so who knows.

Thanks
Sponsored

Vickstang

Hey welcome to the site. Whatever you do, don't believe dealers if they say they have this and that info on the car. We barely know anything concrete here yet. They'd probably say something to try to convince you to buy a current car they have anyway. We have members here who know much more than they do (and probably most people in the world) at this point. Just make sure to read throught the threads here and you'll see the latest and greatest info (and lots of speculation).

Dealers usually take deposits for models even a year out so they'd probably take your money (usually $500-$1000 deposit) for a 2015 model already and give you a receipt. Dunno if you'd be able to get them to promise on the receipt to sell at no higher than MSRP (so you don't get gouged later) but you might want to try to get that if you really put down a deposit now.

P.S. Mustang production for each model year usually starts March of every year. Sounds like you're trying to get one of the first off the line? :headbang:

shelby1k

I doubt any dealers know anything about the 2015 yet. I've heard some people claim that some dealers gave them info and whatnot about the next gen model but I think it's all BS. It's still too early I think... tho I admit I havent tried yet.

OP
OP
Boydstang

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
Thanks for the replies. I'd like to get my foot in the door at a dealership just so when it comes time to buy it may go a little smoother (a hope of course).
For about 12 years now I've been saying "I want a 50th Anniversary Mustang", and been saving up and holding off on buying, and now it's about a year away. And I'm ready to see this thing for real! Alot of the rendering look great, some not so much but only time will tell.
So yeah my goal is to get one of the first one's (I hope). Wonder how much the dealers are going to mark it up. 5k? 10k? Damn dealers, LOL

BlueVenom

I would be shocked to see 5k+ markups, but you never know since this is one of the most anticipated redesigns in its history and the 50th. I dont know how going global is going to affect the domestic availability if at all. I'd expect dealers to definitely gouge a little at first, especially before the GT500 and other special models come out.

Agree with Vickstang also, dont believe dealers, they are salesman after all. I'm also wondering if they would take a deposit right now but if they dont know MSRP how can they? (No way to price gouge that way tho :))

Sponsored

MustangMarine

Thanks for the replies. I'd like to get my foot in the door at a dealership just so when it comes time to buy it may go a little smoother (a hope of course).
For about 12 years now I've been saying "I want a 50th Anniversary Mustang", and been saving up and holding off on buying, and now it's about a year away. And I'm ready to see this thing for real! Alot of the rendering look great, some not so much but only time will tell.
So yeah my goal is to get one of the first one's (I hope). Wonder how much the dealers are going to mark it up. 5k? 10k? Damn dealers, LOL
With all that savings it sounds like you're set to get the new model as soon as it comes out!

But whatever you do don't pay mark up. The Mustang is a mass produced car there will be dealers who will agree to sell at MSRP. If you're itching to put a deposit down now just find a dealer who will put in writing to sell at suggested retail price with no markup like vickstang suggested. How many dealers you got around you?

There's gonna be greedy dealers who are gonna mark up the 2015 model as soon as it comes out and probably some fools who will pay it but if you get it in writing beforehand you should be good.

Mriley

I'm anxious to get the new model to but I think will wait... trying to buy it right when the gates open is asking for serious overpaying. Was x-plan available when the '05 models first came out anyone know?

Burnout44

Does anyone know how much dealers were marking up the s197 when it first came out? Could be a good indication of what happens this time.

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does anyone know how much dealers were marking up the s197 when it first came out? Could be a good indication of what happens this time.
$1000-$5000 "market adjustment" in my area. It's why I didn't buy an '05 and waited for an '06

z928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
So if the car will be unveiled next year in April 17th 2014. - When does the 2015 starts production in factory? & when will be the last S197 line? Just wondering?? I'm guessing the new body stang will be distributed around late 2014 or early 2015? if there's no delay etc..

Sponsored

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So if the car will be unveiled next year in April 17th 2014. - When does the 2015 starts production in factory? & when will be the last S197 line? Just wondering?? I'm guessing the new body stang will be distributed around late 2014 or early 2015? if there's no delay etc..
The 2005 s197 started arriving in showrooms I think October or September '04.

JackHoya

Dealers gouging will depend on demand/supply, how many s550's are allocated to each dealer and Ford's total production volume. There were markups for the 2005 model for some markets, but I dont think it lasted for more than 1-6 mos.

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Dealers gouging will depend on demand/supply, how many s550's are allocated to each dealer and Ford's total production volume. There were markups for the 2005 model for some markets, but I dont think it lasted for more than 1-6 mos.

I tried throughout the '05 model year to buy one but the gouging lasted in my area until after the '06 model year roll out. The 5 Ford dealers within a 20 mile radius of me all had them on the lot so supply wasn't a problem, it was just typical car stealership mentality of trying to make as much money as possible on a hot new item.

Burnout44

Good point, it isnt always supply but greedy dealers trying being opportunistic. But I think the environment is a little different now, lot more competitive than in 2005. With the camaro, challenger, etc they may not be able to get away with as much gouging.

OP
OP
Boydstang

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
I can see and understand a little gouging on the new model because it will be a milestone mustang along with a whole new body style and platform. But if the dealers think they will get away with 5K or more I'll have to sick my "tough bargaining" wife on them, LOL.
As the year goes on the gouging will hopefully go down a little and the dealers may be a little easier to bargain with. I wonder what kind of production numbers they will shot for, gotta be higher then the last few years, or will they do a limited number because of the milestone? To much unanswered questions, LOL.
Sponsored