Cool experience with a cop...

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I’ve been up all day on my vacation week... I went out today to buy some supplies... I’m coming back close to home and I see a Tesla who nailed it a bit and thought he was trying to bait me because I was cruising at first; I nailed it and it was loud. Guess the cop heard it and I see him on his motorcycle behind me no lights because I’m at the traffic light which if I hadn’t been who knows what would’ve happened because I was crossing over into another city...

Anyhow I rolled my windows up and as I seen him approach I put it back down and he pulls up besides me on the passenger side in the same lane:

Him: “What’s the rush?”

Me: “No rush sir, honestly I’m just out enjoying the car..”

Him: “I’m sure you don’t want a $400 aggressive driving ticket...?”

Me: “No I don’t Officer, thank you...

He pulls off, and the other cars watched in disbelief like WTF just happened!!! :like::rockon::giggle::flag:

absolute great morning, great cop and I love America!
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’ve been up all day on my vacation week... I went out today to buy some supplies... I’m coming back close to home and I see a Tesla who nailed it a bit and thought he was trying to bait me because I was cruising at first; I nailed it and it was loud. Guess the cop heard it and I see him on his motorcycle behind me no lights because I’m at the traffic light which if I hadn’t been who knows what would’ve happened because I was crossing over into another city...

Anyhow I rolled my windows up and as I seen him approach I put it back down and he pulls up besides me on the passenger side in the same lane:

Him: “What’s the rush?”

Me: “No rush sir, honestly I’m just out enjoying the car..”

Him: “I’m sure you don’t want a $400 aggressive driving ticket...?”

Me: “No I don’t Officer, thank you...
He pulls off, and the other cars watched in disbelief like WTF just happened!!! :like::rockon::giggle::flag:

absolute great morning, great cop and I love America!
Baited by a Tesla, shame on you. :) Cop probably already made his quota and liked your car. Now be safe out there. :like:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
So, about two years ago I was cruising along a park road without traffic and I confess I was carelessly speeding through inattention - I'd just got the GT and wasn't used to it. Not, like, fifteen miles over, but, you know... A cop pulled me over, took my documents, came back and handed me a warning.

He cautioned me to watch my speed and said, "But since it wasn't you, I guess we don't have a problem."

20190524_112708-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Cop told me once, does this look like MEXICO to you? No Sir I said, off I went, no tickets, no warning other than the Mexico comment haha.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So, about two years ago I was cruising along a park road without traffic and I confess I was carelessly speeding through inattention - I'd just got the GT and wasn't used to it. Not, like, fifteen miles over, but, you know... A cop pulled me over, took my documents, came back and handed me a warning.

He cautioned me to watch my speed and said, "But since it wasn't you, I guess we don't have a problem."

20190524_112708-jpg.jpg

I think you should’ve had your own thread for that epic story!

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
"Aggressive driving." Being a new Florida resident, had to look up what that is, exactly, figuring it's only a matter of time before getting a ticket for it. It's essentially two or more moving violations in the same episode:

316.1923 Aggressive careless driving.—“Aggressive careless driving” means committing two or more of the following acts simultaneously or in succession:
(1) Exceeding the posted speed as defined in s. 322.27(3)(d)5.b.
(2) Unsafely or improperly changing lanes as defined in s. 316.085.
(3) Following another vehicle too closely as defined in s. 316.0895(1).
(4) Failing to yield the right-of-way as defined in s. 316.079, s. 316.0815, or s. 316.123.
(5) Improperly passing as defined in s. 316.083, s. 316.084, or s. 316.085.
(6) Violating traffic control and signal devices as defined in ss. 316.074 and 316.075.

So the OP didn't get written up for aggressive driving because mashing the gas by itself isn't aggressive driving. That said, the cop seemed like an OK guy they can just about always find something to charge.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
"Aggressive driving." Being a new Florida resident, had to look up what that is, exactly, figuring it's only a matter of time before getting a ticket for it. It's essentially two or more moving violations in the same episode:

316.1923 Aggressive careless driving.—“Aggressive careless driving” means committing two or more of the following acts simultaneously or in succession:
(1) Exceeding the posted speed as defined in s. 322.27(3)(d)5.b.
(2) Unsafely or improperly changing lanes as defined in s. 316.085.
(3) Following another vehicle too closely as defined in s. 316.0895(1).
(4) Failing to yield the right-of-way as defined in s. 316.079, s. 316.0815, or s. 316.123.
(5) Improperly passing as defined in s. 316.083, s. 316.084, or s. 316.085.
(6) Violating traffic control and signal devices as defined in ss. 316.074 and 316.075.

So the OP didn't get written up for aggressive driving because mashing the gas by itself isn't aggressive driving. That said, the cop seemed like an OK guy they can just about always find something to charge.
I exceeded the speed limited and improperly passed...

Reactions: DRB

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Well then. The cop was nicer than he seemed!

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I had a motorcycle patrol officer flag me over one day while I was out on the motorcycle (I had a Kawasaki Ninja 250, small, I know, but I only weighed 120 at the time). He waved me into a parking lot where he was taking radar. I was nervous, as I had an improper tag and no class D (motorcycle) license. I got of the bike and he got off his and came around and started looking mine over. He said "man, that looks light, what does it weigh?" "I think around 300 pounds or so". He replied "Mine weighs over 900! Man I bet that is blast to ride." I told him to take for a ride, & he said no, he couldn't, what if someone saw. I said tell them you're doing a safety inspection. So he jumped on it and blasted around the parking lot. Super nice guy. And i didn't get a ticket.

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
We really are not that bad a Breed, We love America just like the next guy.
Have fun, and be careful my Mustang Brother.
Mustang GT Thin Blue Line.jpg
Thin Blue Line, Back.jpg

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase

20190524_112708-jpg.jpg
That’s awesome.

I see you’re in Silver Spring. I work in Rockville. Surprised I haven’t seen your car before, and I’d remember it with a tag like that. Throw a wave if you see my piece of junk rolling around
354E665B-6306-4AD7-BCAE-57FEEC5B8ADD.jpeg

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
All of my interactions with officers while driving my Mustang or my Dart have been overwhelmingly positive.

I absolutely do not take excessive risks on the road and I have a spotless driving record to prove it...but I certainly enjoy horsepower and am guilty of cracking the speed limit occasionally. When I have been stopped, it was always for good reason and I accept the consequences of my actions. I gather that the officers sense my respect for them and law and treat me like a human being. It also seems like that results in warnings rather than tickets...hence the clean driving record.

This has nothing to do with the political moment in the USA and the reckoning with racial inequality. I’ll argue until I’m blue in the face that the general rule is that cops are good folks doing one of the hardest jobs in the world and we’re damn lucky to have them. I also hear the message loud and clear from fellow Americans that not everyone has that same experience and for people in some racial and ethnic groups, getting pulled over is a scary experience for legit reasons. That needs to be examined and changed immediately.

Even if it’s a tiny percentage of officers out there with their heads up their racist butts (and I strongly believe that it is) it’s terrifying that this still happens in the best country in the world.
Sponsored