Sponsored

Cool experience with a cop...

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
i only saw one on the highway... most people in Europe knows how to drive... not like Florida LOL... france is the worst... paris is fucking nuts and the accidents are just small accidents in the city

I remember doing around 115 mph with all my family sleeping and a really old couple, like 80 y/o couple passed me on a mercedes like i was doing 50... 100 is like you shouldn't be doing less than that... minimum speed is about 77 mph... less than that, you get a ticket...
Sponsored

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Some of my better police experiences -

1. Pulled over by a cop in a neighborhood saw him, braked and pulled over so all he had to do was walk 10 ft over. "You know why i pulled you over". My response was I actually pulled myself over..... Warning

2. Pulled over by a local officer in speed trap - Wife's car no radar detector. He recites to me my record. Warning in 08, 10 and - I interjected how are we looking in 12? Warning

3. Pulled over by an unmarked Mustang. I come off the interstate ramp and gun it to make a dinner date with my wife and daughter - already late due to construction. He's in front of me I'm rocketing towards him and bang - INSTANT ON - full radar hit. I start to brake (SRT8 300) and so does he. I get next to him and hand sign - pulling over. He comes up- noticing my support of several law agencies (state, local, FOP) and asks why the hurry - I explain that I'm late - daughter only in town for 1 more day (Me coming from OOT). Asks me about my "record" - clean is my statement. Great exchange and the suggestion to pull away slowly and enjoy my dinner date.....

My brothers best story - pulled over the officer asks him what's his excuse for speeding - My brother replies "I've got nothing, what do you have?" cop laughs out loud - and set's him free.

It's in the way you respect them and their role that can make the difference. Stay strong thin blue line.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Some of my better police experiences -

1. Pulled over by a cop in a neighborhood saw him, braked and pulled over so all he had to do was walk 10 ft over. "You know why i pulled you over". My response was I actually pulled myself over..... Warning

2. Pulled over by a local officer in speed trap - Wife's car no radar detector. He recites to me my record. Warning in 08, 10 and - I interjected how are we looking in 12? Warning

3. Pulled over by an unmarked Mustang. I come off the interstate ramp and gun it to make a dinner date with my wife and daughter - already late due to construction. He's in front of me I'm rocketing towards him and bang - INSTANT ON - full radar hit. I start to brake (SRT8 300) and so does he. I get next to him and hand sign - pulling over. He comes up- noticing my support of several law agencies (state, local, FOP) and asks why the hurry - I explain that I'm late - daughter only in town for 1 more day (Me coming from OOT). Asks me about my "record" - clean is my statement. Great exchange and the suggestion to pull away slowly and enjoy my dinner date.....

My brothers best story - pulled over the officer asks him what's his excuse for speeding - My brother replies "I've got nothing, what do you have?" cop laughs out loud - and set's him free.

It's in the way you respect them and their role that can make the difference. Stay strong thin blue line.
Yes that’s why it was so funny, I still recall it...
He says: “What’s the rush?”
Me: “No rush, just out enjoying the car...”

honest as pie with a smile.

Sponsored

TX-2019-Black_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10, Shadow Black with Black Trim Pkg.
Pretty much, I was following some guy in the left lane at 80 and we both went past a trooper on the left and he was just chilling, waiting for a bigger fish to fry.
80? Was that even speeding? Between Austin and San Antonio, the speed limit is 85. :)

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I have to say I love that my black 2015 GTP is still somewhat a sleeper. When I went to Summit (track) with a co-driver late last year, I learned the car isn't nearly as noisy outside as it is inside. Sure at low/mid RPM, it makes a bit of a sound -- just enough for you to feel you're getting what you pay for in the car and fuel -- but in the upper mid and higher range, it's more of a "whoosh" sound. I wouldn't have believed it if my friend didn't have the video -- with sound -- of me going by at Summit. Stunning, but then I thought about all the times I tried to rev it in tunnels and underpasses and was (no pun intended) under-whelmed. And the next thought was about going past other cars on the highway (actually, not that often since I set cruise control at the point I'm not going to draw attention!) and realized, even in those few times I'm more aggressive on the throttle, mine is still probably quieter than most other performance cars on the road! No tickets and not even any cautions yet. BTW, mine will probably be available for purchase later this year -- 2015 GT Premium 50th APP, a couple non-visible Ford Performance upgrades, but all the original parts if you want to go back to "as delivered."

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
On my way home from college in 1986 I learned the hard way that a radar detector.....even a good one was not a license to speed. As I merged on to the highway a new Chrysler LeBarron turbo passed me. Mounted to the LeBarron's windshield was a Passport radar detector. So I cranked my 69 Fairlane up to 65mph (10 over the posted limit - 55MPH) and proceeded to keep pace with the Chrysler. I figured if they slowed down I would too and we would both skate through any speed traps. About 30 miles into the trip, a KS Highway Patrol car filled my rear view mirror. Where did he come from?!?!?

I slowed and the Highway Patrol car blew past me and nabbed the Chrysler. I thought I was home free but as I passed the Chrysler and the HiPo by the side if the road, the officer motioned me to pull over. I did. As I sat there fuming and trying figure out how I was going to explain this to my parents the Officer approached my car. The first words out of his mouth were "nice Fairlane, is it a 302 or a 351?" Totally disarmed by the courteous officer, I asked sheepishly how he caught us. He replied that he used a stop watch to clock us between two painted symbols on the highway. He never used his radar. I got a ticket with a slightly discounted speed.

I have never owned a radar detector and I have never had a bad experience with a KS Highway Patrol Officer.
Cool story. Every now and then ... okay, maybe more in the past than in the present ... there are those "good" stories. Thanks for sharing.
Wow and yeah I seen the autobahn and they have guys going 100+ passing other cars like crazy... there’s no accidents or anything?
Not so true on the US highways now. 4-6 weeks ago I would have said I was among the top 20% in speed (and nearly always on cruise control), but recent travels have put me in the lower 10% -- that is, 90% are passing me -- even with the same settings on cruise control. Most are going by us at 80 mph or better. The worst was the MD driver (tag and "in state") who went up on the shoulder at (most likely) better than 100, twice, only to take the next exit (MD 100 off I 95) at full speed. I had my dash cam on and am thankful I didn't need to call the MD police to say "I have evidence of ..." There is a HUGH difference between adventure (take it to the track, dude) and reckless (PLEASE don't kill anyone else as you do this!)

Sponsored

TXBlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I never get any cool stories from the people I stop ‍♂. Speeding I don’t mind, but street racers on the other hand... I’m all for folks enjoying their cars but I’ve seen enough fatalities due to racing to not tolerate that kind of behavior.

Small town speed traps are interesting, I got stopped by a TX trooper for doing 7 over. The speed limit dropped from 65 to 35, which is pretty drastic. Trooper was cool though, obviously looking for bigger fish to fry. I didn’t tell him I was LE until he came back with my warning. If anything he was more interested in my 17 Charger Scatpack. Lol.

Respect and honesty goes a long way, fellas. A lot of cops are also car guys, so we get it.

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
When I was LE several years ago now, I recall following a speeding vehicle up to a set of Traffic Lights which turned red, the vehicle stopped at the red light and then noticed the marked police vehicle in his rear view mirror, after 2x cycles of the lights from (red ,amber, green) the offending vehicle finally set off and pulled over in a safe place and as I approached the driver, clearly a gay male , leaned out of the window and shouted in a camp voice; " Sorry officer I couldn't find a colour that suited me " I was highly amused by the comment and just had to let him off !

Deleted member 35786

Waze seems to work pretty good for notifying me where the speed traps are. There have been times when cops are sitting on the side of the freeway running radar and Waze said nothing. Guess folks just do not notice or report it. Even worse at night since folks never see them.
Sponsored