Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So you're ok with a more expensive rebadged BULLITT with a diff cooler, TR-3160 trans, which lets face it, ain't that much stronger than the MT82, no DCT option, and the same 480 horse BULLITT engine?
Yes, for my situation its perfect!
Unfortunately I need to switch to an auto, I want to be in the low $50k's, I want something more unique than the Standard GT, and a new refresh from mine that I really think they got right this time IMO.
I was so close to buying a Magnetic grey A10 PP1 with magnaride, loaded MSRP $52k for $47K 2 weeks ago.... So glad I waited!
Dealer locked me in at sticker for however I order the Mach 1 and I have 1st allocation
Happy as pig in Shit it all worked out! LOL
Sponsored

Mustang Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible; 2006 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So here are my 2 cents....
Everyone is entitled to their opinions - and - as I have written before, everyone is entitled to like what they like.

Personally, I like the Mach 1 overall.
But it is a jazzed up PP2 or a toned down GT350 either way you wish to look at it.

I think the styling is what they should have had as options for the GTs for the past 5 years, so folks could customize from the factory vice ordering and installing lots of aftermarket.
So, not a fan of the lazy W, micro rear spoliers, and lots of black trim - kind of underwhelming for an old guy like me.
And they will likely not make the Mach 1 as a convertible.
I just think Ford's design engineers are out of touch or just don't care what the old enthusiasts want.

I do get that convertible does not equal track car to most.
But it sure is cool to drop the top and cruise with my pretty wife.

Again, just my 2 cents to all my Mustang Brothers.

Mustang Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible; 2006 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
For those who say the GT is not an investment....
I respect the opinion and agree the modern Mustangs will not be "collector" cars with some few exceptions.

But.... I love my 06 Convertible GT - all 200k+ miles - Love how it looks and drives - and It is parked next to my 19 GT Convertible.
Oh, and I took it for a drive this morning - so it is "classic" for this old guy.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
looks good
The front bumper looks a little like the steeda Q850/air design bumper on my 18 .

I will add it to my list of “want” to add to my fleet as honestly the A10 in my 900 whp 18 is boring except when going down the 1/4 ... after I get a GT 500. The Tremec is definitely an upgrade especially for the street .
I already have a high compression CPC 5.2 short block (complete with 5.2 crank /built as a spare ) that’ would be nice to swap in like it should have come from the factory . I am sure i would end up putting a blower on top of it anyway . Lol
19AE9FDE-B020-4163-981B-9B93A77B615A.jpeg
B462D9BE-9339-4CD4-9F75-6A31EE737097.jpeg
B70BAFE7-B9B9-40AC-A5D3-60F1684909B9.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So here are my 2 cents....
Everyone is entitled to their opinions - and - as I have written before, everyone is entitled to like what they like.

Personally, I like the Mach 1 overall.
But it is a jazzed up PP2 or a toned down GT350 either way you wish to look at it.

I think the styling is what they should have had as options for the GTs for the past 5 years, so folks could customize from the factory vice ordering and installing lots of aftermarket.
So, not a fan of the lazy W, micro rear spoliers, and lots of black trim - kind of underwhelming for an old guy like me.
And they will likely not make the Mach 1 as a convertible.
I just think Ford's design engineers are out of touch or just don't care what the old enthusiasts want.

I do get that convertible does not equal track car to most.
But it sure is cool to drop the top and cruise with my pretty wife.

Again, just my 2 cents to all my Mustang Brothers.
If I recall correctly the Mach 1 was never made in a convertible. Based on that a new Mach 1 vert would have been extremely unlikely. And now that we know the 21' Mach has the Tremec and coolers the additional weight of a vert would have likely hurt the track performance this car is going to known for. That said it would have looked really cool.:like:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It will fizzle out like the Bullet did......Underpowered for a special edition too,60Gs+
Ill stick with a GT
The Bullitt didn't fizzle. It actually sold quite well. The problem is that dealers refused to budge early on their stupid ass ADM's and then got stuck with them. The response to the Mach 1 has been fantastic and I expect to do very well. Of course a lot of that will depend on the dealers as well. I doubt that they will learn from their handling of the Bullitt.

Underpowered.......480 HP projected, not final. With the suspension upgrades and coolers the pony is going to fly.

We are all just playing with the numbers because we do not know what they are going to be yet. Take a chill pill and enjoy your GT. It's a great car. The Mach 1 is not for you.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Ford should have added another rocker winglet on the rear side of front wheel to match front bumper or perhaps each wheel, since looks a bit incomplete with one rocker winglet only fwd of the front wheel. They even molded the bumper design to accommodate the winglet shape.

It makes me think of some owner slapped on an aftermarket bumper, but still is waiting on the rockers, side fenders shipment for the body kit.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They even molded the bumper design to accommodate the winglet shape.
yeah, a useless winglet. Looks to be only cosmetic. It should have been added to the HP splitter addition but somebody in marketing probably wanted the non-HP to 'look cool with winglet' so they added it back. Would it have killed them to make the base splitter have a real winglet sitting about an inch proud of the bumper? Then the HP splitter could remain the same and functionality maintained. Why do artists always ruin engineering?

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
downgraded back to 15-17 sidemarkers without fogs. whaT?

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
So, changes I plan to make (appearance) based off of what we've seen:

rear decklid, honeycomb, from cali spec probably.
grill, honeycomb with tribar on the side.
remove if possible the mach 1 on the side, maybe relocate to the rocker panel.
if anyone ever makes a NACA/NASA hood, top priority. add "302 RAM AIR" on the nostril.
replace spoiler with a pedestal spoiler, maybe something like this: https://www.americanmuscle.com/anderson-composites-typeat-rear-spoiler-unpainted-1518-fastback.html
swap out interior to showstopper red (want to go red on red to match my 71. maybe add stitching across the headrest, if I get them custom made, I may add in the black stripes.
I like the base wheels, looking at them, they are very similiar to mag 500s, if the center of the spokes where polished, so maybe go with that.

maybe some front splitter supports, I do like that look.
maybe some functional winglets on front and rockers.

performance,
probably not much on the stock engine except minor stuff to increase reliability or slight increases in HP, no blower or such even though I would like, because of below.
about 5 minutes after the warranty is up I'll blow the motor. I would like to put in a 7.3 destroked to 7.0, swap out the nostril numbers to "429 RAM AIR"
stop the hop or similar, I do prefer to run in a straight line and show off a bit on the road. not any road tracks near me anyways.
some better rear brakes, not that it needs it I think, but the awesome fronts look bad with the cheap looking rears.

jedilord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy Tahoe
Am I the only one who thinks the 69 mustangs they had in the video would get more looks if they were driven down the road?
Was pretty pumped to get one but man do these seems frankensteined together.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Are there any videos or sound clips of the Mach 1 at WOT? Especially all the way to redline? It's just putting around in the video in the OP, kinda lame :-/

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Like I said earlier, it’s a great car from the first solid look. Pricing will determine if a lot of us take the plunge. Good job Ford and thanks. I just blow by the negative folks here, their opinions mean jack shit to me. If you don’t like it, don’t buy one, real simple. I see the same crusty attitude in Old car clubs when blowholes feel the need to pick apart and criticize a restoration, color choice, make/model, etc. Good Lord, lighten up. Ford picked some fantastic bins to construct the Mach 1, and I look forward to seeing more details.
Sponsored