Sponsored

BREAKING: 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Confirmed as the Most Track Capable 5.0L V8 Mustang Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
My guess is PP2 chassis with proper cooling and the present 480-hp 5.0, add in the A10 and some decals and you will have the new Mach 1.

Don't forget that the 1LE gets an A10 this year so I can't see Ford not putting it in this car.
Sponsored

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O7 merc mountianeer premier
Well I hope this car will have at least 500 horsepower, suede instead of leather, and my personal preference a modernized but “functional” ram air shaker. Also wider front fenders for a nice squared look. I hope the grille nostrils are a prototype thing, even the grille itself could look more aggressive instead of the EcoBoost slots. With that saidI am eagerly certain this is the pony I will buy.

Also I doubt the bumper is standard on lower mustangs, don’t forget the regular pics the MACH1 doesn’t have the raised lights.
28B70500-FCA6-4145-B22D-99012DCB7E5F.jpeg
B5AB7D77-038E-4B8E-8549-28A976227DFC.jpeg

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Are Ford trying to make a drivers car to succeed the GT350 or another auto with a transmission that was originally designed for pickup trucks (the A10)?
Wow, pickup trucks. I had no idea that my car had a truck transmission. Maybe that's why it's so much slower than the godly M82 cars. Oh wait...it's not :giggle::like:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Wow, pickup trucks. I had no idea that my car had a truck transmission. Maybe that's why it's so much slower than the godly M82 cars. Oh wait...it's not :giggle::like:
I don't care if our transmission was designed for a M1A1 tank. It hauls and I love it.

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
I don't care if our transmission was designed for a M1A1 tank. It hauls and I love it.
Dude, that would be dope. Oh, you've got a manual? Mine is out of a main battle tank. Yeah, it can support 10,000 ft-lb. stock off the flywheel.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just what Ford needs......another "Track Car" oriented Mustang.
Yeah, I mean, I get it, there' some market for it, it's a fun thing to chest pound about, but it's trivial in terms of revenue for Ford. They need cars that __mostly__ appeal to wide demo, the Bullit was fine, it was a good callback, but had limited appeal (even in limited production, there's still a ton of them sitting on lots). Then there's the PP2, which is sort of track-ish, with a limited buyers market due to only a manual option.

I think they really need a product that's positioned "above" the GT/PP but that also has wide appeal: limited (or simply optional) graphics/styling elements, manual and auto, optional track oriented equipment (like tires). A car that works equally well on track, on the street, at the drag strip and even for a weekend road trip.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I mean, I get it, there' some market for it, it's a fun thing to chest pound about, but it's trivial in terms of revenue for Ford. They need cars that __mostly__ appeal to wide demo, the Bullit was fine, it was a good callback, but had limited appeal (even in limited production, there's still a ton of them sitting on lots). Then there's the PP2, which is sort of track-ish, with a limited buyers market due to only a manual option.

I think they really need a product that's positioned "above" the GT/PP but that also has wide appeal: limited (or simply optional) graphics/styling elements, manual and auto, optional track oriented equipment (like tires). A car that works equally well on track, on the street, at the drag strip and even for a weekend road trip.
I don't know. I do not think wide appeal and Mustang belong in the same sentence. We have more than enough versions to appeal to the masses (all 80k of them). The specialty cars are what brings the masses into the showrooms. I can't afford or need a GT500 but I can get an Ecoboost and still drive a Mustang. We already have everything you mentioned. But a Mach 1, that has to be special.

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2

5.0L w/ Bullit changes, maybe even a little extra tweak to 490-495HP
PP2 aero / wheel sizes
GT350 brakes
T6060 or A10
Oil/tranny coolers

Plus all the expected badges, stripes, and misc non-performance related bullshit.
This ^^^ Plus get some Weight off the car!!!
Delete rear seat, all frills, light body panels... Whatever it takes.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Plus get some Weight off the car!!!
Delete rear seat, all frills, light body panels... Whatever it takes.
Those are just piddly-ass ounces, you need a couple hundred pounds and that will require a total overhaul of the chassis.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I don't know. I do not think wide appeal and Mustang belong in the same sentence. We have more than enough versions to appeal to the masses (all 80k of them). The specialty cars are what brings the masses into the showrooms. I can't afford or need a GT500 but I can get an Ecoboost and still drive a Mustang. We already have everything you mentioned. But a Mach 1, that has to be special.
Maybe "broader" appeal, is a better choice of words[?] I just mean, don't limit your buyers with a lack of options (ex: 6M only, vs. 6M +and+ A10), or by making the (visual) design too niche (like limited colors, required graphic packages, etc.)

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
When will order banks open? Maybe I order a Mach 1 while awaiting my 2021 GT500????

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Maybe "broader" appeal, is a better choice of words[?] I just mean, don't limit your buyers with a lack of options (ex: 6M only, vs. 6M +and+ A10), or by making the (visual) design too niche (like limited colors, required graphic packages, etc.)
I get it. I wonder how many people have looked at a Mustang and decided against it because of one or more of these limiting factors. I really wanted a Bullitt but the 6M was a no go. I decided on a GT/CS. There certainly appears to be enough variety to please the majority of buyers.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The Mach 1 is the GT350's replacement.. without the costly flat-plane-crank engine.

May even use the same steering rack, knuckles, etc.
Ford backed off on the PP2 because they didn't want it's performance to come to close to the older GT350. Now with the GT350 going away I wonder how close they will be going to get.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.