18+ GT Performance Tune Pac

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No, but like i said emailed monday was here wednesday morning. BUt I also contacted them direct. didnt go through my supplyer. Not sure if that made a difference. shouldnt be hard to put on if rest is already installed. its like one clamp and one bolt to remove the box to put the intake tube on.
Good info. Thanks!
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well y'all to the ones who put their kit in and now have to take parts back out to put the missing vent tube in. be careful of the brake booster hose. the one on top with the white clip. The hose has pressure (because of the unnature angle of the connection) on it and the connection is flimsy at best when I went to reattach mine it just snapped off. I wasn't even applying pressure. Makes me wonder how sturdy in the long run this plastic is they made this with. Well guess my car is down for the count and im sure Ill have to pay for the part now. Cant call ford performance because they dont answer phones during covid?? and I cant ever get their chat to work on any device. So communicating through email is rough.. Low gains... missing parts.. and now stuff just snapping off... starting to regret getting this kit.
20200514_124507.jpg

20200514_122557.jpg

20200514_122530.jpg

Last edited:

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^that stinks. I'll be careful for sure. @Dans18GT you can email Ford performance, [email protected] and they can give you a tracking number. I bet you recieve today if you told them last monday.

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Guys please note this kit has now gone on backorder until the end of the month. We will update this thread with new information as it comes our way.

Thank you,
Benny
Nice. I assume you're still taking orders? I've been hesitant because you have a few other things I want but it's getting pricey. I just need to pull the trigger and be done with it.

Sponsored

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Nice. I assume you're still taking orders? I've been hesitant because you have a few other things I want but it's getting pricey. I just need to pull the trigger and be done with it.
Yes absolutely, It's first come first serve so regardless of where you buy it from I would put an order in now if you are truly interested.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
- Benny

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well y'all to the ones who put their kit in and now have to take parts back out to put the missing vent tube in. be careful of the brake booster hose. the one on top with the white clip. The hose has pressure (because of the unnature angle of the connection) on it and the connection is flimsy at best when I went to reattach mine it just snapped off. I wasn't even applying pressure. Makes me wonder how sturdy in the long run this plastic is they made this with. Well guess my car is down for the count and im sure Ill have to pay for the part now. Cant call ford performance because they dont answer phones during covid?? and I cant ever get their chat to work on any device. So communicating through email is rough.. Low gains... missing parts.. and now stuff just snapping off... starting to regret getting this kit.
20200514_124507.jpg

20200514_122557.jpg

20200514_122530.jpg
It is a pretty bad design with the way that hose has to S back around to plug in. I can't believe this is the best they could come up with.
Even the other hose fits poorly but at least it's consistent with the rest of the kit.

I'm hoping that with some heat cycles everything relaxes into place before I have to pull it apart to install the air inlet.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
It is a pretty bad design with the way that hose has to S back around to plug in. I can't believe this is the best they could come up with.
Even the other hose fits poorly but at least it's consistent with the rest of the kit.

I'm hoping that with some heat cycles everything relaxes into place before I have to pull it apart to install the air inlet.
So yeah there is a couple things rather sketchy about this kit as far a s design goes. one the top hose the brake booster is attached and sorta bent at a unnatural angle putting pressure on that top connector. The older kits for the 16-17s actually came with a hose to replace the crank case hose. With our kits(they are the same kits except the tune) it does not come with this replacement hose and you have to bend and twist the current hose to "make it fit" so it too is really at a stressed out angle. The way the throttle body goes on its connectors and mechanics are basically shoved up under the hoses that are there. This kit is by no means a graceful design or install.

I contacted Ford Performance (which right now is no easy task) with my issue with the part breaking off. They finally got back to me and didn't even bat an eye or ask a question. All they said was we have a team of engineers that are actually gonna gather cars later to look into this problem. what is your address we will send you a new one. That was all they said. so a team of engineers is gathering cars to look into this issue? So is this a common thing for these to just break off? Honestly the design is bad and the angle is such that the hose pulls on it in a unnatural way. when mine broke the plastic was grainy and airy and very very did I say very thin. Not sure how this connecter will hold up long term.

Anyway curious what part they are gonna send me isn't the air box all one piece mostly? Or does that elbow the conectors are on come out of that accordian piece? Looks to me the whole thing is melted/sealed together. oh well I will report back with what I get send to fix it. right now i have it held together with JB weld. looks like snot but is stronger then the original :)

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
for those interested or following my install Ford performance overnighted the part to fix the broken peace. No hassle no questions just sent me the part. here is what they sent, it was the whole tube because that connector cant be done separate.

So some might have issues but Ford Performance has been stellar in their responses to my issues. Even with it being hard to contact them and speak to a person:)
20200519_142957.jpg

Sponsored

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They send you that white 90* elbow too?
The kit definitely needs that elbow.

I'm not all that happy with the fit of the other hose either but they would likely have to remold a whole new hose.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm still on the fence about ordering this. Waiting to hear more people give feedback on it before I pull the plug.

OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
This tune is not for everyone, but it is a solid tune. Designed for daily driver crowd and not interested in more engine/exhaust mods. Looks like a10 premium guys might get the most. There are other posts which explain more. I wish it was cheaper (and better connections), but happy with overall performance on street.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
'18 6mt pp1 here and I'm pretty happy with it. Off idle from a stop is a lot better now. The power down low is noticeable and makes normal driving smoother.
I'm seriously surprised at how different the exhaust sounds. I have active exhaust with a resonator delete x-pipe and in track mode I get pops/crackles between shifts, both up and down.
I think it should have been tuned like this right from the start.