MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Once a dealer orders a vehicle for a customer and is picked up/issued a VIN# by Ford, can the options be changed or are they locked in? I ordered the car in mid-March and its status says "Scheduled to Week of May 18th. A week before that it was "Unscheduled-Clean". Of course that was before the factory delays and shutdown due to Corona.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MandoGt350R

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
once the vin is issued it’s locked in. Everything is being pushed back now.
How many weeks do you think?

Cgoeschel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Shelby GT
It can still be changed after getting a VIN as long as its not "Locked forproduction". You should contact your dealer and have them attemp to change it. Especially because the factories are currently closed. The local Ford sales zone rep can help too.

OP
OP
MandoGt350R

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
It can still be changed after getting a VIN as long as its not "Locked forproduction". You should contact your dealer and have them attemp to change it. Especially because the factories are currently closed. The local Ford sales zone rep can help too.
thanks. So the factories are still shutdown?

Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
How many weeks do you think?
Tough to tell since we aren’t out of the woods yet but I would think at least a couple months by the time things get moving. Joe raiti’s car was supposed to be built around now and the dealer told me they are looking at June.

Cgoeschel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Shelby GT
I changed two GT500 orders today. Both had VIN numbers. I think the sooner you try, the better.

OP
OP
MandoGt350R

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Tough to tell since we aren’t out of the woods yet but I would think at least a couple months by the time things get moving. Joe raiti’s car was supposed to be built around now and the dealer told me they are looking at June.
Dang that long? Maybe I should get a used Shelby.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MandoGt350R

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I want to drop the B&O system option and go with the black accent package as they are the same price.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
If you initially had a May 18th build week, you're now looking at Late June to early July. If you ordered your car mid-March and it already had a May build, that's a pretty fast turn around time already. You really want to give up on ordering a new car and get a used one because of 2-3 month wait??

OP
OP
MandoGt350R

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
If you initially had a May 18th build week, you're now looking at Late June to early July. If you ordered your car mid-March and it already had a May build, that's a pretty fast turn around time already. You really want to give up on ordering a new car and get a used one because of 2-3 month wait??
Yes sir, exactly what I was thinking. Maybe going to my second and third color options.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
The dealer I'm ordering from said that "no changes can be made at this time." I assumed it was due to the shutdown but maybe not. Maybe my car is locked for production. The salesman doesn't seem to have very much info for me at all.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
if you can't get it changed, and the dealer can't help you, cancel the order and then re-order. If this is pertaining to a mustang GT and not a Ford Performance vehicle, then why settle for something that you don't want, especially when it is a non allocated vehicle.

This question might be better asked in the general mustang forum?
Sponsored