Sponsored

Vinyl Stripe Options for GT350

hadesgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hey all,

Does anyone have experience with the stripes from BigWormGraphix or StripeSource? I’m looking to get white stripes with black pinstriping installed on my GT350, and the shops in my area have been suggesting to just use their in-house materials since the kit limits what they can do (straightness, ease of application, restrictions due to the kit only coming with necessary vinyl, etc.)

Some shops are willing to work with these kits though. Should I just stick with one of these kits, or listen to the shops and let them use their own materials?
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I had Big Worm on my 2016. Quality is excellent. I had the same experience, a lot of shops wouldn’t touch them because they didn’t cut them themselves and wouldn’t guarantee they’d fit right. I did find a shop to do it and everything fit just like it should. Was not on a GT350 but I would expect the same result on yours

PXL_20210403_175329209_Original.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Here’s a few other pics so you can see how they line up on the bumpers. This was all part of the kit, no modifications were required per the shop that did the install.

PXL_20210401_180401288~2_Original.jpeg

PXL_20210403_175400627_Original.jpeg

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So here’s something to factor into your decision to go factory stripes or not. It’s subtle, but still a topic worth visiting, and it’s this…the factory stripes are not uniform width from one end to the other. They taper. Any aftermarket is gonna be perfectly straight and equal width from one end to the other. May be important to you, maybe not. Simply a point of order.

Sponsored

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
I have Big Worm on mine and am happy with them. Note: I believe the OEM graphics are all one piece (main color and pinstripe) as they're printed. With aftermarket vinyl you have to lay multiple pieces for the different colors.

My original stripes were black, the Big Worm stripes are blue. Here are photos if you want to see if you notice difference in shape per Galaxy's comment.

GT350 Front.jpg

GT350 Blue Stripes Front.jpg
GT350 Rear Right.jpg
Rear Window Tint.jpg
GT350 Plate.jpg
3742421.jpg

zxch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just curious if anyone with stripes recommends some sort of clear coat like PPF or ceramic coating? I’ve had my big worm stripes for a few weeks now and I have yet to install, but I’m worried about rock chips.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve put ppf on all mine. Im an old paint and body guy so I have no interest in ceramic coatings(the extensive application). Carnauba is hard to beat for shine and preservation. That said, I keep my vehicles even work trucks pretty clean and do use the spray detailer and the wet application ceramic stuff occasionally. It works well on dailyed stuff.

Just curious if anyone with stripes recommends some sort of clear coat like PPF or ceramic coating? I’ve had my big worm stripes for a few weeks now and I have yet to install, but I’m worried about rock chips.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You can absolutely ceramic coat vinyl stripes (I would recommend a coating used for PPF, although I’m just an at home enthusiast and not a pro). I had reached out to Big Worm regarding waxes and sealants and they advised to not use paste or liquid waxes but spray waxes (Meguiars Quik Wax is what I used) was fine since it’s just a spray and wipe. I would assume each vinyl manufacturer will have their own recommendations

Sponsored

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
I have PPF on my car, track style (hood, front fenders, leading edge of the roof, rockers, front of rear quarters). Concerns about rock chips in the vinyl stripes are valid - PPF will help keep them intact.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have Big Worm on mine and am happy with them. Note: I believe the OEM graphics are all one piece (main color and pinstripe) as they're printed. With aftermarket vinyl you have to lay multiple pieces for the different colors.

My original stripes were black, the Big Worm stripes are blue. Here are photos if you want to see if you notice difference in shape per Galaxy's comment.

GT350 Front.jpg

GT350 Rear Right.jpg
Rear Window Tint.jpg
GT350 Plate.jpg
3742421.jpg
If I recall correctly, Big Worm tapers their stripes but it might be a little more subtle than factory? I recall mine being tapered especially the front bumper and towards the front of the hood to fit all the contours properly.

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
I don't really know, actually, but they have a rep on this forum we could ask.

OP
OP
hadesgt350

hadesgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So here’s something to factor into your decision to go factory stripes or not. It’s subtle, but still a topic worth visiting, and it’s this…the factory stripes are not uniform width from one end to the other. They taper. Any aftermarket is gonna be perfectly straight and equal width from one end to the other. May be important to you, maybe not. Simply a point of order.

GT350 Front.jpg

GT350 Rear Right.jpg
Rear Window Tint.jpg
GT350 Plate.jpg
3742421.jpg
That’s very good input, and ChipG, your pictures are very helpful. I can see the small difference in taper, which is good information to know. It does seem like the blue stripes came out pretty well so they seem like they’re of decent quality. Thank you guys for the pictures and info :)

OP
OP
hadesgt350

hadesgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I had Big Worm on my 2016. Quality is excellent. I had the same experience, a lot of shops wouldn’t touch them because they didn’t cut them themselves and wouldn’t guarantee they’d fit right. I did find a shop to do it and everything fit just like it should. Was not on a GT350 but I would expect the same result on yours

PXL_20210403_175329209_Original.jpeg
Okay that’s good to know. I’ve found two shops that are willing to work with the kit, they’re just worried that if they mess up they won’t have more material. I guess I could buy two kits and return one if they don’t need the extra material, but at that point it would be equivalent to just paying them to use their materials.
You may consider Bemaro. Very accommodating to forum member asks and needs. There’s some great suppliers that support this site to chose from.

https://www.bemarofilms.com/contact-us
I’ll give their products a look. Thank you!
Sponsored