Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Hell my build date was pushed ...UP two weeks. They are knocking these things out left and right. Look @ the vin reports . FP said they might be shipping out a few cars Friday.

Last edited:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
He didn't specify. Just said he got an email that stated there were some production issues that were holding up builds.
When did he get the email? Could it have been a few weeks ago when things were in fact held up?

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Maybe they are waiting to release a bunch of them at once. That must be why they are letting several hundred cars sit there for now and not sending them out to dealers. They want everyone to get their cars at the same time

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don't hold your breath. I heard from the dealer this morning that the GT350's were on hold due to production issues.
Dealers have either no information, old information or rumors.

Historically, through this whole process, dealers have been the least reliable source of accurate information out of anyone you could ask. I could ask my Grandmother and get better info.

sz4zz.jpg

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Don't hold your breath. I heard from the dealer this morning that the GT350's were on hold due to production issues.
Maybe he was talking about the R model because of tires. This has already been discussed.
There are over 3000 dealers out there and most are getting one car. I don't think they spend their time following the status of one car when they have 100's

Last edited:

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Maybe he was talking about the R model because of tires. This has already been discussed.
And several people have called FP direct including me, and were told by FP that R's will absolutely be produced in November and beyond.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
maybe they are waiting for SEMA to be over with since its next month in las vegas, just a guess??

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Maybe it's just the normal production process and we're over analyzing it? Just a guess!!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Maybe it's just the normal production process and we're over analyzing it? Just a guess!!
No way bro, If I am buying a 60k mustang, I want a minute by minute breakdown of everything going on with the car. From the first bolt to the last

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
No way. Over analyzing??? We don't do that here.

I was originally told late October delivery. Since I don't even have a VIN I'm guessing something went wrong with the normal production process.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
No way bro, If I am buying a 60k mustang, I want a minute by minute breakdown of everything going on with the car. From the first bolt to the last
You can only get from the second bolt on.

But what I would like is a phone call from dealer saying hey, I know we told you this but unfortunately it's going to be a little longer and we will keep you posted. I would have no problem at all if I was just informed a smidge. Just a smidge. Nothing more.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I completely hear ya, but i really don't think the dealers have any more info than the FP guys do, its all the same system they are logging into.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
We don't have to be dicks to each other. No one was asking for Ford to be held to their word 100% (at least I hope not). All we want is some kind of update or some info. That's it. All the "info" we've gotten thus far was speculation from buyers and trolls. If you're going to tell us our cars were built on X day, then don't hold them for this long with 0 input as to why or what is going on. I don't think that is unreasonable and pretty sure there would a lot less anxiety and craziness with just that little commitment.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You can only get from the second bolt on.

But what I would like is a phone call from dealer saying hey, I know we told you this but unfortunately it's going to be a little longer and we will keep you posted. I would have no problem at all if I was just informed a smidge. Just a smidge. Nothing more.
Deysha @ Ford customer service sends me updates every Thursday for the past 4 weeks . If I call the dealer he checks on things , just no need to call them. Now shipping well that's another issue for sure. Let's hope the bugs are worked out real soon and some normal shipping times are in place.
Sponsored