Changing Options After Vin#Issued

Cgoeschel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Shelby GT
The dealer I'm ordering from said that "no changes can be made at this time." I assumed it was due to the shutdown but maybe not. Maybe my car is locked for production. The salesman doesn't seem to have very much info for me at all.
What dealer is this? Send an email to the GM. You might get further.
Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
if you can't get it changed, and the dealer can't help you, cancel the order and then re-order. If this is pertaining to a mustang GT and not a Ford Performance vehicle, then why settle for something that you don't want, especially when it is a non allocated vehicle.

This question might be better asked in the general mustang forum?
I wasn't aware that it's so easy to just re-order a GT500. After searching for an msrp allocation, I gave up. This was the only one I found with a $5k adm. I contacted DOZENS of dealers. I live in CA and literally EVERY dealer wants at least $20k over. I had to put a deposit down and the only way I get that money back is if I find another buyer to take over the allocation. I'm going to speak to the order manager. He claims nothing can be changed, at least that's what he told the salesman. We shall see.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
What dealer is this? Send an email to the GM. You might get further.
Long Lewis Ford in Hoover AL. I will be speaking to the GM next since the salesman doesn't seem to be able to help me.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I changed two GT500 orders today. Both had VIN numbers. I think the sooner you try, the better.
Based on my experience it is very difficult to change color options, interior options and model options, etc. once a VIN has been assigned.

Typically once a VIN is assigned to a vehicle a "Scheduled Production Date" is also assigned at that time.

Also, within ~3 weeks of the production date a Window Sticker is issued after which time we can get a copy for our records.

What were the Scheduled Production Dates for your 2 GT500's and were they 2 seat cars?

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Anthony at FP had this to say:

"Once the VIN has been created the order is locked and no changes can be made at that time. Changes can only be made before a VIN is assigned."

Not true. I changed the color on my GT350 and it had a VIN. Maybe they changed the rules, but Cgoeschel says otherwise... :crazy:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I wasn't aware that it's so easy to just re-order a GT500. After searching for an msrp allocation, I gave up. This was the only one I found with a $5k adm. I contacted DOZENS of dealers. I live in CA and literally EVERY dealer wants at least $20k over. I had to put a deposit down and the only way I get that money back is if I find another buyer to take over the allocation. I'm going to speak to the order manager. He claims nothing can be changed, at least that's what he told the salesman. We shall see.
My apologies, I missed the GT500 part. However, it will still be very difficult to change anything after a VIN is issued (if possible at all).

Your best bet is the GM of the dealership or inventory manager

Cgoeschel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Shelby GT
In full disclosure, I'm a Vice President/GM at a large Ford dealership. I can tell you, even if it has a VIN, as long as the unit is not locked for production, it is possible to change colors and options etc. You can't change a Lariat F150 to an XLT per se once the VIN has been assigned to the order but the options themselves can be changed. You may have to have your dealer get involved with the region or zone manager to make it happen but its worth a shot, especially because the plant and suppliers are currently closed. Heck, send me the order number and I'll ask my zone rep for you to see if your dealer can change the order.
Sponsored