Sponsored

Things I wish my S550 did

JadeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I wish the side view mirrors would angle down when the car is put into reverse to assist with seeing curbs. I had an Acura that did this and it was awesome.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I wish the dealer would have listened to me when I specifically said do not drill the front bumper for plates when you PDI it.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
I wish the dealer would have listened to me when I specifically said do not drill the front bumper for plates when you PDI it.
:facepalm:

so.. did they buy it? or did they order you a new bumper to install later?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sucks about the front plate. I made this a condition of the sale. No front plate installation. Worked for me

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@SheepDog - I wish I had more space and if I did, I would still have it ... :crying:

But it went to a good home :like: It ended up at a collectors in Portugal, I believe it was the last piece he needed for the full Cosworth family :sunglasses:

WD :like:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Sucks about the front plate. I made this a condition of the sale. No front plate installation. Worked for me
Yeah I wasn't thinking lol. I specifically wanted a 300A base GT in Grabber Blue and had to order it cause nobody anywhere had one. That's when I told the sales guy. So 6 weeks later he called and said it's been PDI'd and come get it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If you are driving your Mustang in situation that needs ice removed from the windshield, you need a second car. These are not all-weather vehicles.
No way! I'm planning to drive it all year round, no matter what. I'll get the best winter tires I can find in the right size and will enjoy it each and every day. If I could only drive it in summer I wouldn't buy it in the first place.
Europe is full of RWD cars in winter. The roads are full of BMWs, most of which are RWD. There are thousands of Transits, Transporters and other such vans and mini-buses on the roads all winter long. I've yet to meet a BMW owner around here who puts his car to sleep for the winter. Or a courier company that shuts down its entire activity in winter because its vans are RWD.
Winter is just another season. Nothing special about it. You just get in the car and drive; it's business as usual.

But it went to a good home :like: It ended up at a collectors in Portugal, I believe it was the last piece he needed for the full Cosworth family :sunglasses:
Actually, that doesn't look like such a good home to me. It should have gone to someone who wanted to drive it and to enjoy it as a car, not to store it in a garage and keep it as a trinket to show off to friends and neighbours. If cars had feelings, I bet it would feel very sad. :frown:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I wish the side view mirrors would angle down when the car is put into reverse to assist with seeing curbs. I had an Acura that did this and it was awesome.
The easy fix for this, if you have the premium package with memory seats: Set your side mirrors down so you can see parking stripes then program that as driver #3. If you need to see down, press the driver 3 button, back up, then press your normal driver button (1 or 2). As long as the car is stopped the mirrors will respond.

Sponsored

JadeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The easy fix for this, if you have the premium package with memory seats: Set your side mirrors down so you can see parking stripes then program that as driver #3. If you need to see down, press the driver 3 button, back up, then press your normal driver button (1 or 2). As long as the car is stopped the mirrors will respond.
You know, every once in a while someone comes along with a simple solution, and just blows minds! What a great suggestion. Thank you pal! I'm going to give this a try tomorrow!

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
@SheepDog - I wish I had more space and if I did, I would still have it ... :crying:

WD :like:
Its a great car, one of the best things Ford ever did.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
You know, every once in a while someone comes along with a simple solution, and just blows minds! What a great suggestion. Thank you pal! I'm going to give this a try tomorrow!
just FYI, on my car, you have to be in PARK or NEUTRAL to get mirrors to move when using the seat memory trick.. not sure if something changed in MY19 but it doesnt work "just stopped" for me (as lots of people have reported)

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I'm waiting for my 2020 5.0 PP to arrive and I already have some stuff that annoys me.

1. Not possible to get fabric tinted rear windows - will be done when it comes
2. Mirrors are not folding when car locks - nothing to do here sadly...
3. Hood struts are not standard - will be done when it comes.
4. The tail lights only turns on during night time or with the manual switch - I will make a wire fix for it to turn on with the DRL
5. No strap to pull down the trunk lit to avoid touching the paint - I will do a fix myself.
6. (Not the car's fault) I love living in Denmark but... I payed $116.000 for the car due to our taxes here... Hell yeah I feel like the Gov. just took me hard from behind, haha

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I'm waiting for my 2020 5.0 PP to arrive and I already have some stuff that annoys me.

1. Not possible to get fabric tinted rear windows - will be done when it comes
2. Mirrors are not folding when car locks - nothing to do here sadly...
3. Hood struts are not standard - will be done when it comes.
4. The tail lights only turns on during night time or with the manual switch - I will make a wire fix for it to turn on with the DRL
5. No strap to pull down the trunk lit to avoid touching the paint - I will do a fix myself.
6. (Not the car's fault) I love living in Denmark but... I payed $116.000 for the car due to our taxes here... Hell yeah I feel like the Gov. just took me hard from behind, haha
116$ for that car sounds like a great deal to me.

I assume you meant 116000...what currency is that in?
Sponsored