Wide gas pedal options?

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Does anyone know if there are wide gas pedals for easier heel/toe shifting?

The Steeda models say they don’t fit GT350, does it have a different pedal setup from standard mustang?

Really struggling with my down shift rev matching as it seems you have to really contort your foot to reach the brake and gas at the same time.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

The Steeda models say they don’t fit GT350, does it have a different pedal setup from standard mustang?

Really struggling with my down shift rev matching as it seems you have to really contort your foot to reach the brake and gas at the same time.
SRPs, links and other suggestions can be found In the racing pedal section here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tools-to-make-life-easier.41706/#post-1011047

Last edited:
OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE

are you practicing it on the street or on the track? only reason i ask is because i all but gave up on the street...then at the track where you are smashing that pedal down further, it was much easier

either way those SRP pedals were on my list.

Sponsored

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
are you practicing it on the street or on the track? only reason i ask is because i all but gave up on the street...then at the track where you are smashing that pedal down further, it was much easier

either way those SRP pedals were on my list.
Yeah I know what you mean only 2 track days but it as a struggle the street is definitely harder. I'm hoping wider will allow me to at least practice some on the street, I have easy access to some isolated country roads.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I had the SRP medium width gas pedal on my GT350. I would almost always rev match when I was driving, unless I wanted more engine braking on the street, then I would not quite match depending on the situation. I liked those pedals and it was great being able to practice rev matching all the time. Of course in a track driving situation you have to really hammer the gas to get the engine RPM up high enough compared to street where it doesn't take as much, but I still think it was good practice being able to do it all the time.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
This is useful info. Thanks guys. I've been working on this as well and wishing the pedals were a lil different. Gonna have to look into to this.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
After my first track day with the stock car I made this my first mod. I wear a size 12 and still went for the extra wide pedal. There are spacers to pull the pedal off of the floor more, but I did not want to do that. My shoe would also slip around on the stock clutch and brake pedal surface if my shoes were even slightly damp. At some tracks I was parked in the grass and was constantly wiping off my shoes from morning dew as I got in. The SRP pedals have fantastic grip.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Interesting to hear so many having so much trouble with the stock configuration. Speaking from a lot of racing experience with BMWs and teaching, etc, I found the pedals to be pretty darn good if I was wearing my street tennis shoes. I admit that I had trouble when I wore my thin racing shoes at the Track Attack school and immediately switched back to my tennis shoes and problem solved.

Sponsored

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
Looks like the SRP pedals require some drilling? Is that correct?

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
19558C1B-A27E-4513-8777-BC5160B1EE17.jpeg
I had the steeda gas pedal on my 15’ GT/PP and I just swapped it to my GT350

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
yeah i second the wide SRP pedals. Great mod, perfect for rev matching in addition better feel of the clutch pedal

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
yeah i second the wide SRP pedals. Great mod, perfect for rev matching in addition better feel of the clutch pedal

Any insight about the installation of the pedals. I say one video where the installer removed the gas pedal to drill and install that pedal. I haven't really been able to find a good simple install video?
Sponsored