2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I posted this on Wed 11/27. So anyone that was looking could have searched for dealers in these states.

Delivered = 10 - By Truck
Canada - 1
MI - 3
OH - 3
PA - 1
VA - 2

Shipped Rail = 14
CA - 2
IA - 1
KS - 1
NJ - 1
NV - 1
OR - 1
SD - 1
TN - 2
TX - 3
UT - 1

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
That video is month's old.

So is this one. These videos dont corroborate anything. The question is how did he get his first? I get that you all like the kid and want to be loyal subscribers to his channel. I'm sure you all would like to believe we live in a fairytale world where everything is fair and on the up and up. If there was no YouTube channel or if it was anyone else on this forum who got the car first, it would have been praise and accolades. Sorry, not that naive.

Watch the video. He says he called hundreds of Ford dealerships across the country looking for a GT500 with a build date this year. This seems at least plausible.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I had not really watched his content before but he definitely is not a big time Youtuber. 72K subscribers, and has a few videos with 1M+ views but many of those are C8 related (looks like he is getting a C8 too?).

I seriously doubt Ford is stealing cars from ā€œloyalā€ buyers for someone to get their car first that only has 72K subscribers. If he had a few million subscribers the conspiracy theories might at least seem more legitimate.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tomster,

Without other evidence, I assume this is the ā€œstoryā€. If you have something factual to dispute it, tell us. Was this GT500 already spoken for, and he slithered in and ā€œstoleā€ from the person who preordered it? What are the other possibilities? Can Ford corporate force a dealer to do that?

I donā€™t know this guy, in fact Iā€™ve never heard of him.

Donā€™t take your anger out on me, it doesnā€™t matter why Iā€™m still here and I sure as hell donā€™t have to explain anything to you.
I'm not angry, just pointing out the obvious. Yes you are assuming the story is on the up and up. He, like a lot of other people, ordered a car with a VIN and a production date. It didnt have attached to it a delivery date. So, the biggest YouTube channel guy gets the first delivery? Hmm how do you suppose that happened?

God, the drama..."slithered in and stole from the person who preordered it"? Lol. I dont think anyone has accused him of that.

Thank you for your lack of explaining this.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
28.09.2019 was that Tom. I still don't get why you are so tit about it ? Would you drive 2200 miles to get your GT500 ? Speed Phenom did that. Will you call every dealership in the country to find the only free GT500 ? Speed Phenom did that too. Will you not spec your GT500 and get whatever base pack GT500 is on the lot ? Speed Phenom did that too. Will you post video on it's delivery process ? Speed Phenom did that too. Will you put it on a Dyno and Drag Strip when the car is at 500 miles and you still have 1500 miles to get it in your driveway ? Well guess what Speed Phenom did that as well.

So what is the complain here that a 19 yo kid outwork you in getting your favourite car ? Guess what if you compare yourself to others you will always be disappointed how about Warren Buffet he outwork you in making money as well. There will always be someone younger, richer, faster, more talanted and wanting to put the hours in to outdo you so stop whining and just wait.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
28.09.2019 was that Tom. I still don't get why you are so tit about it ? Would you drive 2200 miles to get your GT500 ? Speed Phenom did that. Will you call every dealership in the country to find the only free GT500 ? Speed Phenom did that too. Will you not spec your GT500 and get whatever base pack GT500 is on the lot ? Speed Phenom did that too. Will you post video on it's delivery process ? Speed Phenom did that too. Will you put it on a Dyno and Drag Strip when the car is at 500 miles and you still have 1500 miles to get it in your driveway ? Well guess what Speed Phenom did that as well.

So what is the complain here that a 19 yo kid outwork you in getting your favourite car ? Guess what if you compare yourself to others you will always be disappointed how about Warren Buffet he outwork you in making money as well. There will always be someone younger, richer, faster, more talanted and wanting to put the hours in to outdo you so stop whining and just wait.
Quite frankly, I'm surprised other youtubers didn't do this as well. He has the market cornered on 2020 GT500 material. He'll be the first to have dyno results and he'll be the first to have drags strip results. I'm sure he'll separate those into separate videos...and his view count is going to go through the roof.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Watch the video. He says he called hundreds of Ford dealerships across the country looking for a GT500 with a build date this year. This seems at least plausible.
Please.....

You are a smart guy. I know this from your posts. Nobody is disputing how he made his deal, the point is an appearance of impropriety of how he got it delivered first. The outrage by many is that the poor folks who have years wrapped up in this process have had a virtual slap in the face so that the YouTube kiddo can start cranking out content for the Ford propaganda machine. I guess in some ways I can see why ford would be desperate for some positive spin after all that has gone wrong with the GT500 program.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm not angry, just pointing out the obvious. Yes you are assuming the story is on the up and up. He, like a lot of other people, ordered a car with a VIN and a production date. It didnt have attached to it a delivery date. So, the biggest YouTube channel guy gets the first delivery? Hmm how do you suppose that happened?

God, the drama..."slithered in and stole from the person who preordered it"? Lol. I dont think anyone has accused him of that.

Thank you for your lack of explaining this.
Your assumption makes no sense. He claims to have ordered a carbon edition, but are you saying he secretly had on order a base GT500, too, didnā€™t tell anyone, took delivery and lies by saying he just found it?

Is that your story? Or is it something else?

Really, what do you think happened?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Please.....

You are a smart guy. I know this from your posts. Nobody is disputing how he made his deal, the point is an appearance of impropriety of how he got it delivered first. The outrage by many is that the poor folks who have years wrapped up in this process have had a virtual slap in the face so that the YouTube kiddo can start cranking out content for the Ford propaganda machine. I guess in some ways I can see why ford would be desperate for some positive spin after all that has gone wrong with the GT500 program.

Again, I have no skin in the game here. Sometimes you can chalk things up to perseverance and dumb luck. Again, from an outside perspective, his story seems plausible. I don't see anything nefarious about this.

As for the poor folks that may feel like they have been wrongedā€¦.I donā€™t know what to tell you. You can continue with theā€¦ā€if you ainā€™t first youā€™re lastā€ attitude or continue to wait for your amazing vehicle.

Sponsored

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Quite frankly, I'm surprised other youtubers didn't do this as well. He has the market cornered on 2020 GT500 material. He'll be the first to have dyno results and he'll be the first to have drags strip results. I'm sure he'll separate those into separate videos...and his view count is going to go through the roof.
He hasn't seen that much of a pop from GT500 content, surprisingly. Really the channel makes the hype, not the car. The "first" Supra on YT was That Racing Channel, their first video got 51k views lifetime. Bigger channels with Supra content were getting 1M+ views per video. I'm sure once Brooks gets his he'll rake in the views, but it's highly unlikely just being first will do much for his channel.

It's funny though, this came up in my recommended feed Sunday, watched, didn't think that much of it. Modest number of views (under 150k), so apparently most didn't either. Figured hype would be at all time levels on thisforum, boy was I wrong...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Are you stupid? Naive? (Those were questions -maybe rhetorical, however not acusations).

Me? No, I've been out of the running for a while now. I remember back to when I waited about a year and a half for one of my ordered GT350Rs. I didnt bitch about that back then. I think I've proven I am a patient man. This has nothing to do with me. This has to do with my brethren over in the production thread who have been run over by this process. People like them who have also been patient have seen this whole train wreck unfold. They have been working very close in a tight knit group to monitor and track the 500s as they have been produced (thanks to snoopy49).

Then along comes this kid, who beats the whole system by himself, with no help from others, and takes delivery of the first 500. Who, by the way, happens to have a big YouTube channel with limitless funds from family money and support of Ford.

So which is it? Stupid or naive? Again it was a question, not an accusation.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The kid has no doubt networked all along and kudos to him. If he parlayed that into somehow getting his car "early" I guess I can't fault him for that as the rest of us would have done the same if given the opportunity. That said, his style is nails on a chalkboard and his best "content" is when he doesn't speak at all and just shares raw footage.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The car was a customer (Retail) ordered car and was ordered on 09/06 and was produced on 11/18. Funny thing is, the Customers name Lasco is the same as the dealerships name. Well that's one way to get around the Stock ordered cars lower priority.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
He hasn't seen that much of a pop from GT500 content, surprisingly. Really the channel makes the hype, not the car. The "first" Supra on YT was That Racing Channel, their first video got 51k views lifetime. Bigger channels with Supra content were getting 1M+ views per video. I'm sure once Brooks gets his he'll rake in the views, but it's highly unlikely just being first will do much for his channel.

It's funny though, this came up in my recommended feed Sunday, watched, didn't think that much of it. Modest number of views (under 150k), so apparently most didn't either. Figured hype would be at all time levels on thisforum, boy was I wrong...
Right...but it seems that all of the big you-tubers won't be getting theirs until next year. That's quite a bit of time with a monopoly.
Sponsored