Sponsored

Mustang GT reliability

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Go with the 2018-2019.

They greatly improved the motor from gen 2 to 3.

Also remember when you say “has so many problems” you mean very few problems.

If 30,000 2018 GTs were produced and 20% had problems that’s 6,000 cars. This forum would be one big complaint. It’s not. The problems section of this forum stays pretty dead.

The reality is these cars have very few problems. So get witch-ever car you can afford. They are all good cars.
Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I was looking at used but ended up getting a new 19 because these cars don't depreciate much and it made sense to pay only slightly more for a brand new car. No regrets.

The 19 introduced auto-revmatching which is a really cool feature if you're getting a manual.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I should have just left my car alone on my n/a setup, which consisted of stage 3 comp cams gt-350 intake and TB e-85 flex fuel tune with a complete ARH exhaust system headers 3800 stall speed converter ford racing axles etc.. the car ran perfectly in every situation it had 450whp and ran consistent mid 11's in the 1/4. but no, I wanted to go faster with boost. my previous car (2012 Gt) had boost and a Tremec magnum and I had no issues. I added a Procharger d1x supercharger on my current 2016 gt that was n/a before this. It put down 750rwhp. For some reason its been plagued with limp mode issues, they only happen with wot throttle pulls usually with 1st or second gears, never in third and up gears. Advanced track errors every time. it's very unpredictable. Some times the car just goes with no issues and sometimes it goes into limp mode. It really pisses me off. I went to a track rental event of which my tuner was there. we were data logging while we ran and it limp moded 2 times (advance track issues), and also ran fine 3 times. my tuner kept making adjustments but to no avail. So I'm gonna sell my Procharger D1x set up and go back to N/a ...I'm getting older now and going that fast really isn't as exciting as it used to be especially with these issues. The kit performs perfectly, I'm not so sure the tune works perfectly.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I just bought a slightly used 19GT for $22k off MSRP. The demo "19s are starting to hit dealerships now. I'd look into that. GOod pricing for low mileage, plenty of warranty left. You may have to settle on your second favorite color, give in on some options or pay for a couple of options you didn't want but you gain a ton by not taking that huge first year depreciation hit.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How much was msrp? That's a insane discount.

Sponsored

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Even though I am happy with my car, I would buy new if i could do it again.

Though at the time i was shopping, I hated the 18+ front but now I've grown to like it lol

My GT has been headache free, though.

My ecoboost on the other hand....

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
I've got 5,800 miles on my purchased new, 2019 GT and it's been flawless. Just passed a year of ownership and changed the factory fill oil when it showed 20% life left (about 5600 miles). No tick, no weird noises. Just a great car.

Deleted member 35786

I bought a prior Avis rental GT and I have 30K miles on it now. Besides the evaporator core being replaced under warranty, she is has been rock solid and purrs like a kitten. I am happy.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I have a 2018, and I only have 3k miles on her...it's been perfect.

Sponsored

HexaNerva

EL 5OH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
2015 GT premium auto with 38k, bought it with 17k was a rental. Only issues are the normal ones for my year, taillight and the backup camera harness.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Had quite a bit of problems with my 16 ' with 33k miles. I am stock and have a PP2 kit sitting on the shelf for the past 3 years because of it. The car is now paid off but I don't think it's going to last very long. Warranty still good for another 2.5 yrs. I won't touch it until that ends sadly.

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Had quite a bit of problems with my 16 ' with 33k miles. I am stock and have a PP2 kit sitting on the shelf for the past 3 years because of it. The car is now paid off but I don't think it's going to last very long. Warranty still good for another 2.5 yrs. I won't touch it until that ends sadly.

What are some issues you’ve had?

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Any of you manual owners have a light clunk noise in 4-6 gears when getting on or off the accelerator lightly?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
This just shows what all the idiot boob tubers and internet winers have done to spread a whole bunch of misinformation. That all 18 up mustangs have tons of problems.... lol.
This will help shine a light on things ................
-1.jpg

Pep
Sponsored