Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If the 'Mustang' brand is going to be redefined as 'sporty, (high) performance vehicles of any sort' I guess we should welcome the F150 Raptor into the fold as the "Mustang Truck". Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just buy the rights to the Shelby name?

Alternatively 'Mach-E' could be the brand encompassing all pure electric vehicles going forward. Then you'd have the 'Mach-E Mustang' (the Lithium?), a CUV (the 'thing' currently being called the Mach-E), and the 'Mach-E F150/Truck'. Next up the bicycle (Mach-E Cycle) and golf-cart (Mach-E Skate).
Sponsored

regular6g

Threads
Reaction score
No way am I buying a Mustang without carburators, as I drove my 85, bought an 87 anyway, than an 88 LX 5.0, etc, etc, no way mustang without a stick, then 18 GTPP2 10 spd, no way Mustang SUV, reserved Mach E for wife to replace her QX80. I'm still going to piss and moan, so let me!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So get the f@#$ over it! Lamborghini has an SUV. Is it any less Lamborghini? Bentley has an SUV is it any less a Bentley? Maserati has an SUV. Is it any less a Maserati? Aston Martin has an SUV. Is it any less an Aston Martin? Jaguar has 3 SUV’s. Mustang is its own brand under Ford. NO FORD EMBLEM
ON IT. It has sports cars and a new line of SUV’s. Change your perspective. Look at it differently and maybe you will see that this is a good thing. I’m excited I can have my Gt Convert and an SUV version for my family ride. Sit back, have a cocktail, relax and maybe you’ll see that this is a good thing. Another choice for you without leaving the family. We all love our Mustangs. Just keep an open mind and give it some time.
OP, your thoughts are welcome put did you happen to miss the 1200+ post thread on this overheated topic. We really do not need another one. Please ask the Mods to move it over.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I am losing faith in Ford. Am looking forward to the Bronco but am now doing research on the Jeep Rubicon.
Ditto. I'm hoping to start work on a new house in the country in a few years and I was thinking a new Ranger or Bronco might be in order to deal with the terrain. I try to be an objective consumer but honestly that purchase likely would have been 75% brand preference. Now I'll probably look at the offerings from Jeep and Toyota. It's very unlikely that I'll buy a new Ford as long as something other than a Mustang is being called a Mustang.

I suppose we're really kidding ourselves but we like to think that our brand loyalty has something to do with the soul of a company. Ford has sold its soul.

While I was away my dog typed the following. I'll leave it because it sums up my feelings about the Mach E.

78iu96i9o0p9p9999ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This thread begs to ask the question:

Do people have a different way of entering the forums and NOT see threads already listed that are days old containing the similar sentiments and subject matter?

upload_2019-11-21_22-39-38.jpeg

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Maybe they can make a Mustang Mach E GT Raptor hahahah

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
This is just sad. Mustang was my first car and my current. It’s part of who I am. I gave my 06 GT to my daughter and she loves it as much as I did. My son is hoping I give him my 18 GT in a few years. Mustang has been a huge part of my life. And I feel like it’s ending. I feel like the 55 year run is over.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Come on Rash, let’s turn that frown upside down. The run is not over. We have the S550 for at least another two years. Hopefully if Ford is profitable (success of the Mach-E?) and wants to make a S650 it will continue beyond that. By then you can give your son the18’.

See all is right with the Mustang world. We still have our S550’s, S197’s, SN95’s, etc. Nothing is going to change that.

Now smile, damn it! :):)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, you aren't lying. Just logged into my wife's Facebook and went to Ford. It's way worse there than on here. They even cut the comments on one post.
upload_2019-11-21_23-4-17.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
upload_2019-11-21_23-7-19.jpeg
upload_2019-11-21_23-10-22.jpeg

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Delete this stupid thread.

Reactions: Zay

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Hahahaha I laughed so hard within 2 sentences. I think we all need to thank Ford for really putting spunk back into the forums.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Zack I’m surprised that you’re being a little short sighted. This isn’t a one year plan. This is the just the start for the new Mustang brand. Think 5 to 10 years out. That’s what Ford is doing. For that to happen they have to keep our car alive. Maybe, just maybe we should be saying thank you.
It's actually a very short sighted attempt to make a splash in a segment that their CEO has become obsessed with. The "Mustang" has never been a car for everyone and thinking that you're going to turn it into an entire line of vehicles serving a broad market is basically saying that the brand is meaningless.
Sponsored