Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Not much to do on the configurator - I want Grabber Blue but not an option yet, so I picked Race Red - I imagine that will change at order time. No options other than color (and Model, of course, but I chose the GT).

I now welcome your congratulations and admiration!
usacgw01yywvs-jzacmrn(a)(a)pn4hqshowroom_0_0.png
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
No way am I buying a Mustang without carburators, as I drove my 85, bought an 87 anyway, than an 88 LX 5.0, etc, etc, no way mustang without a stick, then 18 GTPP2 10 spd, no way Mustang SUV, reserved Mach E for wife to replace her QX80. I'm still going to piss and moan, so let me!
What's your number in line? Which model did you reserve?

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Both, they are interconnected. The success of using the Mustang name on vehicles other than our 2 door coupe could very well determine how long the name exists. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to make.
I disagree. It doesn't matter to me whether Ford ever sells a "Mustang" again if it's not going to be a sporty coupe. If it's not a sporty 2+2 then "Mustang" is meaningless and what difference does it make if they continue to make a "Mustang" if the word is meaningless?

Ford is trying to pivot "Mustang" into a meaningless market buzzword. It's "Super-ultra-sexy-exciting!" Moronic marketing for morons. It's back! Big is back. Because bigger is better. The Super-Ultra-Sexy-Exciting Shelby Mustang Mach SUX. An American Tradition. Now ecofriendly with vegan leather. I'll buy that for a dollar.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Sorry, but that's not the wisest post you've ever made. If that's the intent of Ford's thought process, let's just kill the Mustang now.
Right, I guess Merkur and Mercury weren't enough, Ford needs another "M" marque to show their brand ineptitude.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I've been reading up on social media posts today and the amount of people refusing to accept the Mach 1 as a Mustang is seriously high. Over 95% I would estimate. Also it looks like Ford Marketing is trying to do damage control today with a series of new people stepping forward and posting in favor, like the MCA president and even Vaugh Gittin Jr. They all get burned to the ground immediately though. It is becoming painfully clear that Ford has shot in its own foot.
Paid spokesmen gonna paid spokesman.

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So get the f@#$ over it! Lamborghini has an SUV. Is it any less Lamborghini? Bentley has an SUV is it any less a Bentley? Maserati has an SUV. Is it any less a Maserati? Aston Martin has an SUV. Is it any less an Aston Martin? Jaguar has 3 SUV’s. Mustang is its own brand under Ford. NO FORD EMBLEM
ON IT. It has sports cars and a new line of SUV’s. Change your perspective. Look at it differently and maybe you will see that this is a good thing. I’m excited I can have my Gt Convert and an SUV version for my family ride. Sit back, have a cocktail, relax and maybe you’ll see that this is a good thing. Another choice for you without leaving the family. We all love our Mustangs. Just keep an open mind and give it some time.
No Ford emblem you say... hmmm
Used-2015-Ford-Mustang-EcoBoost-Premium-ROUSH-1523729669.jpg

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Reading the same foolish arguments from these people over and over makes it clear that Ford has hit their target demographic with this idiocy.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Reading the same foolish arguments from these people over and over makes it clear that Ford has hit their target demographic with this idiocy.
Ford's target demographic:

First5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 cadillac ATS 2.0, '95 wrangler, '11 5.0 Mustang
I posted a similar message over on the Mach-e forum.

There have been a few new vids released discussing the development of this vehicle.

I think some people are giving this vehicle too much credit in terms of it’s purpose. And in some cases the logic is being reversed.

Ford stated this started as a compliance vehicle. A CUV with the intent to increase electric sales. But the new CEO saw it and knew it would fail. (And it probably would have after seeing the initial design.)

so they were told to scrap it and give it mustang-inspired styling.

then they said to themselves, why not give it the mustang name?

this wasn’t built from the get-go to expand the mustang brand. Nor was the intent to replace the coupe. It was a project on the verge of failure and needed the help of the mustang name to give it a shot to succeed.

this vehicle isn’t going to help the mustang. The mustang is helping this vehicle.

So while there are people who are drinking the cool aid and telling mustang fans to “get over it because this is the future of mustang”, I think they don’t realize that the Mach-e is almost entirely banking on the mustang name to succeed and most of this talk about “mustang brand” is corporate-spin that was an after thought.

ford needs this to succeed for the future of ford - not the future of mustang. They are banking on the mustang name which we all helped to support and give it the weight that it currently holds.

ps I like it for what it is - a stylish electric cuv. I think ford would’ve been fine without using the mustang name, tho

Sponsored

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Here I am. Purchased a 2019 because I wanna wait for the Coupe electric edition. Now they come out with this and I feel stupid kind of. Because I def would have bought this model. It's exactly what I need in a commuter. So I guess I'll have my fun in my BAMF GT till the Coupe fastback model goes full electric. Can not fucking wait for that day. And i'm talking built by ford off the line OEM full electric Mustang.

Also, to expand for everyone. Who has not been in the fabrication and manufacturing world of technology and software. This vehicle is a developing project. It's a bounce off to see if they can handle the capacity to retool and reintroduce the new technology and resources that will need to be supplied. If this can logistically succeed. We can see this full developed into the next generation of the Coupe hatchback.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
this wasn’t built from the get-go to expand the mustang brand. Nor was the intent to replace the coupe. It was a project on the verge of failure and needed the help of the mustang name to give it a shot to succeed.
Correct. If you step back and look at this, they slapped the Mustang name and fascias on a tepid Model Y wannabe. They burned their top performance brand on something slower than a Model 3. It checks the "Tesla already did that." boxes right down the line and excels nowhere. They even aped a Tesla roll-out.

The one thing they have going for them is that it's finally something for the main stream automotive buyer that is BEV-curious but has chaffed at Musk's hype machine. A brand where they can hope to buy a BEV and trust that there will be someone to service it when it breaks.

Now I've been as critical of Musk as anyone but today he showed Ford how pathetic their "me too" dog of a pony show was with his Tesla Truck unveiling. Did he roll out something that looks like an electric F150 and call it a "Model E150" or something to trade off his passenger car success? No. It looks like something from outerspace and he calls it a Cybertruck. And then he shows it dragging around Ford's leader in towing capacity like a truculent toddler that doesn't want to leave the toy aisle. And, oh by the way, it's fastest model is faster than new so-called "Mustang Mach E GT".

Sad.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Now I've been as critical of Musk as anyone but today he showed Ford how pathetic their "me too" dog of a pony show was with his Tesla Truck unveiling. Did he roll out something that looks like an electric F150 and call it a "Model E150" or something to trade off his passenger car success? No. It looks like something from outerspace and he calls it a Cybertruck.
Gotta say, that thing is too ugly for my liking, regardless of specs.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/21...ruck-pickup-features-range-price-release-date

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
yikes that truck is downright ghastly.
> DUE TODAY $100
I guess the truck announcement isn't a desperate bid to raise capital. That's a first.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Ford is trying to pivot "Mustang" into a meaningless market buzzword. It's "Super-ultra-sexy-exciting!" Moronic marketing for morons. It's back! Big is back. Because bigger is better. The Super-Ultra-Sexy-Exciting Shelby Mustang Mach SUX. An American Tradition. Now ecofriendly with vegan leather. I'll buy that for a dollar.
This
Sponsored