Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
I've been reading up on social media posts today and the amount of people refusing to accept the Mach 1 as a Mustang is seriously high. Over 95% I would estimate. Also it looks like Ford Marketing is trying to do damage control today with a series of new people stepping forward and posting in favor, like the MCA president and even Vaugh Gittin Jr. They all get burned to the ground immediately though. It is becoming painfully clear that Ford has shot in its own foot.
Wow, you aren't lying. Just logged into my wife's Facebook and went to Ford. It's way worse there than on here. They even cut the comments on one post.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Please everyone, keep complaining.

Maybe, just maybe Ford will listen.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My number is 14,000 one hundred something.
Ford thanks you all for giving them an interest free capital boost of 7 million dollars. This is the kind of nonsense Tesla pulls to make their financials from looking so atrocious.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Ford thanks you all for giving them an interest free capital boost of 7 million dollars. This is the kind of nonsense Tesla pulls to make their financials from looking so atrocious.
Obviously it works.... At least with Tesla, the deposit goes directly towards the order of a new car instead of reserving a "Spot" in line at a dealership that you still have to negotiate with and might not be able to get the exact car you want.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
PS: Logged into Facebook and went to Ford Motor Company page. Yea every other post is "this is not a mustang" GOOD! Now they have a year to spin this in a way that removing the pony was the plan all long...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just can’t get over the sick feeling I have.
Ford has gone German.
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. ”

I'm afraid there is going to be a run on this. Maybe buy a case and when the faithful are crying out in fear and anguish you can sell it for a tidy markup. :)
41sg4oavT1L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Tjking30

Threads
Reaction score
Website
thomasjking.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So get the f@#$ over it! Lamborghini has an SUV. Is it any less Lamborghini? Bentley has an SUV is it any less a Bentley? Maserati has an SUV. Is it any less a Maserati? Aston Martin has an SUV. Is it any less an Aston Martin? Jaguar has 3 SUV’s. Mustang is its own brand under Ford. NO FORD EMBLEM
ON IT. It has sports cars and a new line of SUV’s. Change your perspective. Look at it differently and maybe you will see that this is a good thing. I’m excited I can have my Gt Convert and an SUV version for my family ride. Sit back, have a cocktail, relax and maybe you’ll see that this is a good thing. Another choice for you without leaving the family. We all love our Mustangs. Just keep an open mind and give it some time.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
FB_IMG_1567001485721.jpg

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
GT 6MT, Falcon FGX XR6 Ute & Focus ST
the feeling I get is Ford are doing what Dodge did with Ram, Ram now being its own brand. Are we seeing a move towards Mustang being its own brand with the Mach-E? The Mach-E is NOT a Mustang. The Mustang icon is A) 2 door B) RWD C) Made in USA. I'm ok that the Mustang is now a global platform available in LHD & RHD, I am ok with the 4 pot EcoBoost option as long as we always get the V8. But thats as far as it goes. This Mach-E is an abomination to the Mustang brand, add insult to injury its sounding like it will be made in Mexico & China. So if Ford is going down the route of branding non-pony cars as Mustang, will we see the Mustang F150? The Mustang Focus? I know it sounds absurd but in my opinion thats exactly what the Mach-E is, its a rebranding exercise.

now I look at the Mach-E online, I can't see a Ford badge anywhere (the only one I see on my 2017 is above the rear view mirror on the glass)

think Dodge & Ram, Toyota & Lexus.