MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I’m hoping to transfer my VBM from my current MY17 model to my new facelift MY19 when it arrives later this month.

I’m getting mixed response as to whether it fits the facelift models so dropped Dreamscience a lone to ask them and they confirmed it is NOT compatible with the new facelift model.

until the new car arrives I cannot conform this but has anyone managed to correctly fit a VBM to an MY18+ model ?
So yeah, it's not totally plug-n-play with the MY18+. I had both sides in my '16, loved it, wanted to get a set for my '19, but I was unclear about the fitment.

Look at this post here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ave-or-have-planned.78717/page-5#post-2706000

Yeah... PITA for sure! I ended up cutting up the plastic and rubber, then using high quality fabrication (ie: duct tape and some sections of a plastic milk bottle painted black) to help seal back up the rain/water protection thingy I cut up. When I contacted them about the difficulty, they seemed like they were not aware of it, and actually changed the compatible years on their website. Needed an extra set of hands to keep the thing in place while I crammed the bumper cover back on. Seems to be holding out ok, and I like the look of the dual.
That corroborates another person in this thread that said they couldn't get the passenger side in (to be clear, the driver/intake side works perfectly).
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The above being said, I may still order both sides again. Sounds like it's a PITA, but not like you have to remove/cut anything structural, sounds like water and/or air seals or something.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
The above being said, I may still order both sides again. Sounds like it's a PITA, but not like you have to remove/cut anything structural, sounds like water and/or air seals or something.
There was something solid in the way that wasn't budging. I am not going to cut into my car to make it fit. I suppose the big mouth could be trimmed but likely to the point of destroying the benefit.

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
There was something solid in the way that wasn't budging. I am not going to cut into my car to make it fit. I suppose the big mouth could be trimmed but likely to the point of destroying the benefit.
From my experience with what a few people have done, the driver side fits the MY18, but not the passenger side. I might revisit the 2018s and come up with a permanent solution.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
From my experience with what a few people have done, the driver side fits the MY18, but not the passenger side. I might revisit the 2018s and come up with a permanent solution.
Cool, I'd love to have a matching set again for this '19, but with the ease of install like the '16 that had them :)

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I had a VT on my '17 FoST. Pretty pricey for what it is, but looked so cool as a functional air scoop in the middle of that grill. On the Mustang that visual cue is mostly hidden, and since I have a JLT intake, it wouldn't really be any more functional with my RTR upper grill I already have (this grill flows more fresh air than my car will ever need).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had a VT on my '17 FoST. Pretty pricey for what it is, but looked so cool as a functional air scoop in the middle of that grill. On the Mustang that visual cue is mostly hidden, and since I have a JLT intake, it wouldn't really be any more functional with my RTR upper grill I already have (this grill flows more fresh air than my car will ever need).
The big thing is that it prevents radiator backwash getting into your JLT snorkel. It's not just a flow thing.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
The big thing is that it prevents radiator backwash getting into your JLT snorkel. It's not just a flow thing.
My IAT's stay 3 to 4 degrees over ambient, I have no issue with radiator backwash, even when sitting idle for a minute or two at a light. I have no need for it on my GT or I'd do it even though on the Mustang it isn't nearly as cool looking an item as it is on a FoST or FiST.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I see you still are running the heat soaker stock running horse grill...yeah, once you ditch it and go with an RTR upper like I have and look over the list of mods my car runs, you too could have an ambient to iat readiing that's nearly identical. Before my mods, especially the upper, the difference in mine running on corn still was about 25 to 30 degrees. You need a better upper grill and better hood venting to cool things down a bit, ask anyone else who's also done it. well worth the money spent. only thing was I liked my pony in the grill, that was a hard switch to make, but running cooler temps now is cooler than my old look was visually.
Grill Pony 6-9-18.jpg

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Velossatech on a 2019; fitment is not 100% like the 15-17s but close enough to not make a significant difference. Looks really good on the 18+ models! :thumbsup:
IMG_20191228_185216.jpg
IMG_20191228_185236.jpg
IMG_20191228_185304.jpg
IMG_20191228_220858.jpg
IMG_20191228_221925.jpg
IMG_20191228_222318.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Velossatech on a 2019; fitment is not 100% like the 15-17s but close enough to not make a significant difference. Looks really good on the 18+ models!
I think the understanding is the driver/intake side duct works more or less as as designed for MY15-20, the big change is on the passenger side, so like in your photos:

upload_2019-12-29_12-14-41.png

On a MY15-17 the passenger side corner is a mirror of the driver side, above you can see it's not shaped the same, the plastic[?] shroud makes like a rectangular area vs. the more "triangle" shaped space.

Here's the install, without the fascia from my previous MY16, you can see the corners of the area behind the fascia are pretty much symmetric:

upload_2019-12-29_12-19-26.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.