MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks [again] for the additional info. Yeah, that's what I'm knocking around, the idea of selling and rebuying (a new set is ~$200) vs. just painting the ones I have. Though there's clearly some "time cost", and painting something like this is a little out of my wheelhouse.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
@VelossaTech Is there a Big Mouth for the Roush grill/fascia yet?

Last edited:

Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't get my passenger side big mouth to fit so I left it off. I plan on replacing my lower grill with an adaptive cruise version in hopes my ZL1 addons tow hook will be more accessible. While I have the grill off I might as well try the big mouth again. Any suggestions?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So I didn't paint them, wound up selling my red VTDs, so I'll be buying new ones.

Had a couple of questions:

Is the 'orange' a pretty good match for Orange Fury, looks like it (the other orange 'volcanic' looks more like a match for Comp Orange)?

I want to cut out my corners (vs. the whole thing / center), I really like the "fangs" of the OEM grill, but would like to have a clean, non-Pony center, anybody offer this? The Bullet doesn't have the fangs (so no isolated corner triangles for the ducts), I've found a couple of Pacific Rim Specials on Fleabay, anyone tried one of those?

I couldn't get my passenger side big mouth to fit so I left it off. I plan on replacing my lower grill with an adaptive cruise version in hopes my ZL1 addons tow hook will be more accessible. While I have the grill off I might as well try the big mouth again. Any suggestions?
Like the duct wouldn't seat while the front was off, or the front wouldn't go back on and seat flush? If it's the latter - and granted I haven't done it yet with my '19 - but my '16 was tricky to get the grill (on the fascia) to slip correctly into the rubber seal (that stays on the car). Even without the ducts (I recently pulled mine off the '16 before I traded). I wound up using some tape to hold the edge of the rubber up, got the fascia flush, then pulled out the tape.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
We're going to do a lot of testing and make sure that the part is rigid at high speed.

I will probably be looking for an S550 in the south florida area that wants to help with R&D, in the near future. :headbang:
Im in north east arkansas and i wanna help

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
So I didn't paint them, wound up selling my red VTDs, so I'll be buying new ones.

Had a couple of questions:

Is the 'orange' a pretty good match for Orange Fury, looks like it (the other orange 'volcanic' looks more like a match for Comp Orange)?

I want to cut out my corners (vs. the whole thing / center), I really like the "fangs" of the OEM grill, but would like to have a clean, non-Pony center, anybody offer this? The Bullet doesn't have the fangs (so no isolated corner triangles for the ducts), I've found a couple of Pacific Rim Specials on Fleabay, anyone tried one of those?

Like the duct wouldn't seat while the front was off, or the front wouldn't go back on and seat flush? If it's the latter - and granted I haven't done it yet with my '19 - but my '16 was tricky to get the grill (on the fascia) to slip correctly into the rubber seal (that stays on the car). Even without the ducts (I recently pulled mine off the '16 before I traded). I wound up using some tape to hold the edge of the rubber up, got the fascia flush, then pulled out the tape.
The VBM wouldn’t go in with the facia off. I left it crooked in hopes the facia would straighten it out and I couldn’t get the facia on due to the poke of the VBM. It seemed to be hitting the solid parts of the rubber in that area. My car is an 18 and maybe these are for a 15-17?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The VBM wouldn’t go in with the facia off. I left it crooked in hopes the facia would straighten it out and I couldn’t get the facia on due to the poke of the VBM. It seemed to be hitting the solid parts of the rubber in that area. My car is an 18 and maybe these are for a 15-17?
Huh, interesting (I mean, it's bummer if they don't work). It was my understanding they worked on MY18+ as well., even though the site only indicates '15-17. I mean, I've had a couple of communications with them where I mentioned my car is a MY19.

Oh yeah, right here in this post:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-mouth-development.39043/page-36#post-2229196

Working on a 2018.

Maybe something is just slightly off on yours? It's the driver's side where you're having issues, right? The actual intake side?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I tried searching but wasn't successful...
Does anyone know if the driver's/left side VBM works on the Bullitt or a GT with a Bullitt grill?

Last edited:

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Huh, interesting (I mean, it's bummer if they don't work). It was my understanding they worked on MY18+ as well., even though the site only indicates '15-17. I mean, I've had a couple of communications with them where I mentioned my car is a MY19.

Oh yeah, right here in this post:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-mouth-development.39043/page-36#post-2229196

Working on a 2018.

Maybe something is just slightly off on yours? It's the driver's side where you're having issues, right? The actual intake side?
The intake side (left) fit fine thankfully. It’s the passenger side that won’t go in. If you look at it upright in the proper position it won’t push in but if it’s cocked 45 deg to the right it kinda stays but the front clip won’t go on. Mine is the 18 pp2.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The intake side (left) fit fine thankfully. It’s the passenger side that won’t go in. If you look at it upright in the proper position it won’t push in but if it’s cocked 45 deg to the right it kinda stays but the front clip won’t go on. Mine is the 18 pp2.
Oh yeah, and the guy who I linked to, who installed it on a 2018, looks like he only did the drivers side.

Hmm, I really do like the visual symmetry of having both, especially if you get them in a bright, visible color. Heck, I may just skip it for now, maybe wait and see if VT responds to the thread.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I’m hoping to transfer my VBM from my current MY17 model to my new facelift MY19 when it arrives later this month.

I’m getting mixed response as to whether it fits the facelift models so dropped Dreamscience a lone to ask them and they confirmed it is NOT compatible with the new facelift model.

until the new car arrives I cannot conform this but has anyone managed to correctly fit a VBM to an MY18+ model ?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.