Sponsored

SHOW ME YOUR STRIPES for Convertibles - What do you have or have planned??

Sponsored

UnkTob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible Premium
Magnetic Metal with Big Worm dual wide in gloss black with red pinstripes.
fullsizeoutput_39f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3a4.jpeg

Turbomark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
No, that's awesome, I'm constantly posting about how having rear seats in my car is a MASSIVE benefit for us.
Literally the only reason I bought my Mustang over a Corvette. Get way more use out of it when I can bring kids along.

MIKE_E

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.customharleycovers.com
First Name
MIKE
Vehicle(s)
2020 grabber lime convertible HPP / 2005 yellow convertible v
This may not be the proper place for this but ...
My 2020 gabber lime HPP convertible will be delivered this week. I'm looking at getting the xpel clear plastic paint protection on the front and full hood. Just wondering what I should be for strips and when ??

The xpel installer said they offer the xpel film in flat black and suggested using that on top of the clear xpel instead of doing vinyl strips.

I want to the get protection on the car Asap so need to figure out how the strips are going to play into it.

Also considering offset strip like OEM ???
20191015_063149.jpg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Magnetic Metal with Big Worm dual wide in gloss black with red pinstripes.
Nice!

What's the scoop with the Velossa intake on the passenger side? I had the dual intakes on my '16, I was planning of them for my '19, but I've read there's some kind of drain channel or something that makes the passenger side a huge PITA[?]

UnkTob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible Premium
Nice!

What's the scoop with the Velossa intake on the passenger side? I had the dual intakes on my '16, I was planning of them for my '19, but I've read there's some kind of drain channel or something that makes the passenger side a huge PITA[?]
Yeah... PITA for sure! I ended up cutting up the plastic and rubber, then using high quality fabrication (ie: duct tape and some sections of a plastic milk bottle painted black) to help seal back up the rain/water protection thingy I cut up. When I contacted them about the difficulty, they seemed like they were not aware of it, and actually changed the compatible years on their website. Needed an extra set of hands to keep the thing in place while I crammed the bumper cover back on. Seems to be holding out ok, and I like the look of the dual. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Anyone have a velocity blue with glossy black stripes? I am thinking of going that way.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
That would look killer on your ride with the black PP wheels. :)
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I actually came within in a whisker of pulling the trigger on an Orange Fury vert (like yours) with the blackout package, and had already settled on dual glossy blacks--but that one didn't have the PP when this Vel Blue one did. I still think of those black stripes, though. Just can't find pics out there to settle it. Maybe that alone is the reason to do it...that there apparently aren't many out there!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I actually came within in a whisker of pulling the trigger on an Orange Fury vert (like yours) with the blackout package, and had already settled on dual glossy blacks--but that one didn't have the PP when this Vel Blue one did. I still think of those black stripes, though. Just can't find pics out there to settle it. Maybe that alone is the reason to do it...that there apparently aren't many out there!

Funny, I had a couple of blue cars on my watchlist :D I wanted something with some color: blue, orange, even red or yellow, had a run of "gray scale" colors, needed a change. The current ride was a perfect storm (so to speak), right options, stellar price, and one of my color choices ... so here I am with orange!

Yeah, there's not a lot of convertibles with stripes in general, let alone a lower production color + lower production options. The great thing is they're not that expensive (verts are even cheaper since they don't need roof stripes), and pretty easy to remove if you get tired of them.

ranjeetsodhi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ranjeet
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible premium
Just wondering what I should be for strips and when ??
Also considering offset strip like OEM ???
20191015_063149.jpg
The offset stripe is very distinctive and looks nice (to me). Here is the same on my car:
MVIMG_20190904_141803.jpg
MVIMG_20190902_144502.jpg
Sponsored