Sponsored

2018 P2119 Code on Whipple

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
(repost from facepage) Jon Lund jr: Take the gasket off from the TB and RTV. Torque the bolts to 7.5 ft lbs. had a customer with a 132mm have p2119 do that and it fixed it. And it’s working on a couple 150mm. Seems to be related to the bore twisting and causing bind. P2119 by definition is failed return spring. It’s part of the stuck blade logic. It’s new for 18+. Usually p2112 or p2111 is what we’ve seen for similar issues on 17 and older.

Jon Lund jr: technical explanation is warping of bore. Uneven torque. Think of bolting a head onto an engine block with uneven deck surface.
Sponsored

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From whipple:

We made a discovery, its possible the blade is sticking the bore due the gasket behind the throttle body. Please remove the gasket, try using anerobic silicone or a thin layer of RTV silicone and see if this helps your issue. It's only been on a 150mm but its worth trying.

Its not the spring, that's what they say but its for sure not that. If the throttle doesn't reach its target position (within its error amount) in .10 seconds, it sets this code. We are changing the time to .25 on some cals to help.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
From whipple:

We made a discovery, its possible the blade is sticking the bore due the gasket behind the throttle body. Please remove the gasket, try using anerobic silicone or a thin layer of RTV silicone and see if this helps your issue. It's only been on a 150mm but its worth trying.

Its not the spring, that's what they say but its for sure not that. If the throttle doesn't reach its target position (within its error amount) in .10 seconds, it sets this code. We are changing the time to .25 on some cals to help.
Lund’s customer helped me out on this. He is a forum member as well. I actually made a gasket out of thin rubber to avoid the RTV mess and it seems to have worked.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Lund’s customer helped me out on this. He is a forum member as well. I actually made a gasket out of thin rubber to avoid the RTV mess and it seems to have worked.
How's the fix working was it finally resolved?

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
How's the fix working was it finally resolved?
Well, my rubber gasket idea worked, but only briefly. After a couple of weeks, I got a vacuum leak. I pulled the throttle body and part of the gasket actually melted. So I used high temp black RTV and problem solved. I haven’t had the code or limp mode since. It also worked for another member that was having the same issue

Sponsored

Martin5.0sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ainsley
Vehicle(s)
2016 Whippled Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing just happened to me tried fuse trick and now it’s back to normal

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Same thing just happened to me tried fuse trick and now it’s back to normal
It worked for me too, until I spun the tires again. Odds are you’ll still need to scrap the gasket for RTV. It seems to be the only permanent fix. Good luck!

Mikeextrafast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT premium performance package
I used anaerobic sealant on mine and still getting the code ,,, it does fine under normal driving ... only seems to do it when you give it the sauce and the car spins bad ,, anymore suggestions ?

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used anaerobic sealant on mine and still getting the code ,,, it does fine under normal driving ... only seems to do it when you give it the sauce and the car spins bad ,, anymore suggestions ?
whos tune?

Sponsored

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both company’s should have a solution for you guys

JRavelo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Kona Blue, PP1, Whipple Stage 2, 3.625 pulley, ID 1050x, Fore triple, E85, ARH 1 7/8", Corsa Extreme, A10R80 upgraded clutches, Full Steeda suspension, PBD tuned, 820 RWHP/615 RWTQ
From whipple:

I am experiencing the same issue and spoke to Rob from PDB who offered similar advise. My question is: do I replce the existing TB gasket with the RTV silicone or is it installed in addition to? Also I have purchased the Permatex Ultra Grey, which seems to be intended for high torque applications. Any experience with this product? thank you in advance.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am experiencing the same issue and spoke to Rob from PDB who offered similar advise. My question is: do I replce the existing TB gasket with the RTV silicone or is it installed in addition to? Also I have purchased the Permatex Ultra Grey, which seems to be intended for high torque applications. Any experience with this product? thank you in advance.
replace the gasket with the rtv, I’m sure the ultra is fine
Sponsored