2018 P2119 Code on Whipple

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
After do it my car shows a code 1 more time so I try to understand it and probably not is the gasket problem, I think it comes because the Whipple throttle body blade is too big and have to move more fast to go at the right position and sometimes it can't do it, when my car shows this code 2 times was for the same thing I was on 1 gear first time and on 2nd gear last time in both I hit the gas pedal harder to full way down the car spinning the tires so bad and I have to release it rapidly and hit it full again so the blade have to move so fast fro the full open throttle to full close to full open again and was the same thing both times, I put drag tires and now I do pulls on streets starting on 3rd gear and it never happens again, so not due a very fast transition multiple times continuously and you no go to see it again. When this code shows bro the car feels so bad (like blow the engine) , only clean the code and you car is 100% ready again.
im not sure if I mentioned this earlier but the first time I had the problem was a hammer pull in 1st gear as well.
I actually typically prefer a pull from 3 to 4 where the car really shines.
Knock on wood, no dash lights since then.
Thank you sir!
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Hi.

Just found this thread after getting home from a heart stopping, engine shut down, during a pull.

I got the orange wrench above the fuel gauge and the P2119 DTC.

For clarification, are folk replacing the gasket with JB weld or adding JB weld to the gasket in the joint?

Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Tuned back in. I actually haven’t done anything about this, the car is parked for the winter and just last week I got the same limp mode scenario. Shut it off waited a few minutes turned back on. The engine light stayed on but the car booster just fine the rest of the day, this code was displayed when scanned.

I don’t understand why Whipple hasn’t designed a better fix for this, seems like a big oversight with this amazing kit otherwise.

Ellsworth122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang gt
Having this same problem with the same codes. Has anyone found out more on what the issue is or another fix beyond the gasket change, fuse trick, or swapping out the TB or pigtail? When I first got my supercharger and TB installed I fixed the issue by replacing the gasket with RTV per Whipples instruction. This worked for a good year and i was able to beat the crap out of the car with no issues. Recently had the car down for two months installing a roll cage ( didn't mess with the engine harness but dash harness was out) now its going into limp mode again when i stab it. I removed the TB, cleaned it and did RTV again for a gasket with no luck. Pigtail isnt touching anything. Ive had slow response from whipple and lund is saying its a throttle body issue. Its very frustrating my car will do a couple 9.86 passes and then boom right back into limp mode. I have found that reflashing my tune will let me make a couple more passes but eventually the problem comes back. Im wondering if its in the tune but lund doesn't seem to think so. Ill try the fuse trick before sending in the TB to get checked out but wanted to see if anyone has come across anything new since this post was made.

Sponsored

Ellsworth122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang gt
I did they just said fill out a support ticket, did that and they mentioned adjusting the set screw and checking voltages. 18s are digital not analog so you cant check the voltages according to lund and adjusting the set screw hasn't fixed it yet. They also havent replied to my last email in a couple days so waiting for a reply. Saw Gqneon mentioned a guy named Will at Whipple had some advise but the lady i spoke to said there is no one named Will that works there.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Will doesn’t work at whipple any longer.
My best advice is rtv and torque it down per Lunds instructions

Ellsworth122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang gt
I appreciate the help but like I’ve mentioned above I’ve done that a couple times to check and it hasn’t fixed the issue. Was hoping someone had come across another fix

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I appreciate the help but like I’ve mentioned above I’ve done that a couple times to check and it hasn’t fixed the issue. Was hoping someone had come across another fix
I’ve seen where Whipple has provided new extension harness, new throttle body or both to guys having same issue. Good luck

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I believe the issue is that the throttle body is deflecting when it’s torqued down. The soft gasket compresses near the bolts more than in the long spans where there are no bolts, causing the throttle body to deflect, which puts the shaft in a bind in the bushings/bearings. If you’ve removed the gasket and still have the issue I would check the throttle blade for free movement and check both the tb and sc mating surfaces for flatness. Consider reducing the bolt torque as well to reduce clamping stress on the tb.

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I am thinking about getting a whipple too, but still haven't decide whipple stage 1 or 2 because of this problem. I can't believe a $750 throttle is sucks and whipple have not even come up with a new design to fix this.

Ellsworth122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang gt
Spoke to whipple about adjusting the set screw in on the throttle body and I’m pretty sure I’ve fixed it. They’re thinking it’s out of adjustment and is trying to move the blade farther then it can which is setting the code. Did some big burnouts and couldn’t get it to throw the code. I’ll find out when I slap on the slicks and run it at the track.

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang
Hi.

Just found this thread after getting home from a heart stopping, engine shut down, during a pull.

I got the orange wrench above the fuel gauge and the P2119 DTC.

For clarification, are folk replacing the gasket with JB weld or adding JB weld to the gasket in the joint?
Remove the gasket and use rtv silicone not jb weld.