Sponsored

Traded my Whipple for a new Hellion Sleeper Kit!

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Was getting ready to set the new engine back in the car, and a deal kinda fell into my lap. 48 hours later, I was loaded up and on my way to trade my Gen3 Whipple kit, for a brand new Hellion Sleeper kit, Holley Sniper Fabricated Race Series intake manifold, with a Turbosmart e-Boost 2 boost controller.
The Whipple was a great setup, it will be missed.
20190803_131449.jpg
Sponsored

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
Was getting ready to set the new engine back in the car, and a deal kinda fell into my lap. 48 hours later, I was loaded up and on my way to trade my Gen3 Whipple kit, for a brand new Hellion Sleeper kit, Holley Sniper Fabricated Race Series intake manifold, with a Turbosmart e-Boost 2 boost controller.
The Whipple was a great setup, it will be missed.
20190803_131449.jpg

What’d you end up making for power on your Gen 3? Your signature makes me think those are the Gen 2 numbers. I love my Gen 3 setup but the TT stuff is certainly getting more and more tempting. Def interested in your feedback once the TT is on the car.

OP
OP
BDMACH1

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
What’d you end up making for power on your Gen 3? Your signature makes me think those are the Gen 2 numbers. I love my Gen 3 setup but the TT stuff is certainly getting more and more tempting. Def interested in your feedback once the TT is on the car.
I actually never put the Gen3/150mm throttle body on the dyno, but I did have it at the track though. I picked up a solid 4.5 mph in the 1/4 mile pullied the same(3.75 upper/20%lower), and almost 6mph going to the 3.625 upper/20% lower. It went 149.8@4150lbs. race weight.

EDIT: If I had to guess, I think it was in the 920-950 rwhp range with the 3.625 pulley

Last edited:

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I actually never put the Gen3/150mm throttle body on the dyno, but I did have it at the track though. I picked up a solid 4.5 mph in the 1/4 mile pullied the same(3.75 upper/20%lower), and almost 6mph going to the 3.625 upper/20% lower. It went 149.8@4150lbs. race weight.
Any ET gains?

OP
OP
BDMACH1

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Any ET gains?
There was some pretty solid gains in the 1/8th mile. Unfortunately, I didn't get it sorted out all the way because of my stupidity. I'd have to go thru my slips, but I think my best e.t. in the 1/8th, was low 6.1X@ 118.
My best e.t. was only 9.71@ 141mph on, that's beacuse I got into somebody's oil that was on the track and almost wrecked the car. I was too shaken up to make another hit in after that pass. When I looked at the log on that run, I was already doin 145mph when all Hell broke loose! I was racing 800wheel ZR1 Corvette, and when the car got sideways, I could see his bumper out my windshield. I jerked the wheel to the left, and the car came back around and pointed it at the wall. I kept it off the wall and went through at that 9.71 e.t. I'm guessing it would have been a high 9.0/low 9.1X at 149-150.

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I just got done putting together a friends car, made 1150 wheel hp last night with the hellion street sleeper kit and a built sleeved motor on 18 psi and e85 with the e boost 2 controller also. Great kit and the install was not bad. I love the fact that with the e boost 2 we only have the 6 psi springs in the waste gates so the car can go from 6 psi on 91 to 18+ on e85 with a push of a button. such a sick set up.

OP
OP
BDMACH1

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I just got done putting together a friends car, made 1150 wheel hp last night with the hellion street sleeper kit and a built sleeved motor on 18 psi and e85 with the e boost 2 controller also. Great kit and the install was not bad. I love the fact that with the e boost 2 we only have the 6 psi springs in the waste gates so the car can go from 6 psi on 91 to 18+ on e85 with a push of a button. such a sick set up.
@Vegas5OH , One of the reasons I made the switch. Once I get a sleeved motor in the car, I'm guessin I'd max the Gen3 blower out at arouns 1,100rwhp. The other thing is, I always had to drive around with my car turned up. Going with the 10rib pulley system/20% overdrive damper, limited what I could do with the blower pulley. The other thing that was really appealing to me was, that my car will NEVER be as loud again as it was with the Whipple on it!

What turbos were on that car you just finished up?

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
it has the 62mm pte cea turbos on it. Funny thing is this car also had a gen5 whipple 20% lower 3.75 upper on it before, its a 2018 A10. The turbos also quieted it down nicely, you are really going to like the hellion kit.

OP
OP
BDMACH1

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
it has the 62mm pte cea turbos on it. Funny thing is this car also had a gen5 whipple 20% lower 3.75 upper on it before, its a 2018 A10. The turbos also quieted it down nicely, you are really going to like the hellion kit.
As soon as we are done re-engineering it! I have a ATI Damper on my engine, and the cog belt wouldn't clear the bolts on damper. We moved the bushings around on the mandrel, and put the cog pulley out a little farther. Then we re-machined new bushings and got longer threaded rod for the pump mount.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am really interested in hearing about your impressions. For my 2017 I picked up a used whipple kit on a whim(havent installed yet), but have really been bit by the bug for a turbo and to do something a little different. Im so torn right now if i want to sell the whipple kit and go to a turbo kit.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I am really interested in hearing about your impressions. For my 2017 I picked up a used whipple kit on a whim(havent installed yet), but have really been bit by the bug for a turbo and to do something a little different. Im so torn right now if i want to sell the whipple kit and go to a turbo kit.
I have a 2017 with a Whipple Stage 2 Kit with the whipple tune and I think I am maxed out with my setup at 10.80ET 132MPH.No where near the above turbo mustangs.LOL
Woodburn Dragway has a policy of 135MPH in the 1/4 mile without a cage and your ass will not be invited back and that is fine with me because this is my fun car and not a race car.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I have a 2017 with a Whipple Stage 2 Kit with the whipple tune and I think I am maxed out with my setup at 10.80ET 132MPH.No where near the above turbo mustangs.LOL
Woodburn Dragway has a policy of 135MPH in the 1/4 mile without a cage and your ass will not be invited back and that is fine with me because this is my fun car and not a race car.
There is alot more left in that.

OP
OP
BDMACH1

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
The Whipple is a Fantastic system, one of the best I have ever owned! If my car wasn't already apart, I wouldn't have made this deal. The only reason why I made this trade, because the Hellion kit allows me more room to grow in the future, gives me the ability to adjust boost on the fly, so not running around on kill all the time like the Whipple was. And one thing that was big for me was, I HATED how loud my car was when I was beating on it! I have been thru 4 different exhaust systems on this car, and the one on it now has been the most tolerable. The turbos on the sleeper kit will be about 6' away from my Borlas, and no way in hell with this setup be louder than my Whipple car was....

You aren't even close from maxing that combo out @DavidHuff

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
The Whipple is a Fantastic system, one of the best I have ever owned! If my car wasn't already apart, I wouldn't have made this deal. The only reason why I made this trade, because the Hellion kit allows me more room to grow in the future, gives me the ability to adjust boost on the fly, so not running around on kill all the time like the Whipple was. And one thing that was big for me was, I HATED how loud my car was when I was beating on it! I have been thru 4 different exhaust systems on this car, and the one on it now has been the most tolerable. The turbos on the sleeper kit will be about 6' away from my Borlas, and no way in hell with this setup be louder than my Whipple car was....

You aren't even close from maxing that combo out @DavidHuff
I was posting and referring about my currant setup with the Whipple 2nd generation, stage 2 kit/whipple tune.I have only been to the dragway a few times and was very happy with the whipple tune and feel like the car is maxed out because all the last few runs were 10.80ET.I always ran MS109 and 92 octane mixed 50/50 for safety.
Open for suggestion and what is your best ET?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Turbos def got the upper hand in the power management department. Ramp in boost to match street/track surface conditions, scramble etc.
Sponsored