Sponsored

People Suck - Bumper Scrape

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Walked out to go to work this morning and as I was approaching my car, I noticed a white flakey substance in a nice 6” streak across my front bumper.

It was clear coat that had been scrapped off by some mindless shit that either lightly backed into the car or someone slid a shopping cart or something similar across it.

Thank God the paint is in tact underneath so I can probably clean it up and blend it pretty easy, but boy was I PISSED. Think they had the decency to leave a note?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Walked out to go to work this morning and as I was approaching my car, I noticed a white flakey substance in a nice 6” streak across my front bumper.

It was clear coat that had been scrapped off by some mindless shit that either lightly backed into the car or someone slid a shopping cart or something similar across it.

Thank God the paint is in tact underneath so I can probably clean it up and blend it pretty easy, but boy was I PISSED. Think they had the decency to leave a note?
Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully the repair will be simple and inexpensive. There are good people in this world. You got one of the other ones.:angry:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I had somebody back out of a parking space and clip the rear fender of my BMW. No note or anything. That's the world we live in now.

XCRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I just had this happen too. No note, no idea where. The crappy part is lately I have only driven this car on Fridays and weekends and it just had to happen to this and not my $1000 Hyundai I drive 90% of the week. I might as well take this oppurtunity to have the liscense plate holes filled and little rock chips repaired. People suck.
86F3FE78-96E7-403E-A847-00D8FD5F3795.jpeg

19GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT California Special
Same thing happened to me a little over a month ago.. no note left. Luckily only my wrap was damaged but I still had to shell out $800 to get the fender and bumper rewrapped.
5B8EDFC1-21B0-46FC-9232-20E0D114F286.jpeg

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Park so far away, it's hard to see your car when you leave the store.

There's been a few times where I chose not to buy something, or go shopping, because the lot was too full and there was no safe place to park away from the rest of the cretins.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO

There's been a few times where I chose not to buy something, or go shopping, because the lot was too full and there was no safe place to park away from the rest of the cretins.
Lol!. I have done this as well!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

+2

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
That sucks. Glad it wasn't worse. I know how you feel, tho, over the last 30 years I've had that happen a half dozen times, and mostly in the parking lot where I lived or worked. And the ones who were witnessed by others flat out denied it (all adults) with one exception- at 19 year old who actually came to me and called his insurance right then. Decent.

Yeah, me too. Or when it's really windy. I parked away from other cars once, ran into a store for 10 minutes and came out to find the rear door caved in. No note, but a woman stopped and said that someone had let go of a shopping cart and it had blown into it.

Last edited:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline

Drove my Mustang today 75 miles from home looking for a used pickup to buy.
Wife decided we needed to go into a restaurant and eat dinner.
I swear; I thought I'd go into a PANIC because I didn't park in a better parking space than I did.

My sweetie finally said; 'go move the car, you'll never make it if you don't.'
So, I did.
There isn't a scratch, ding, rock chip, bug skidmark or scuffmark on the car.
It's gonna stay that way.........................

Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
That will be the ONLY positive when we sell the Mustang and get another truck or suv... I will go back to not caring so much where we park or fussing over keeping it clean. I am NOT a truck guy but my wife loves them. Now I could go for a Jeep Trackhawk but that’s not going to happen.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
That will be the ONLY positive when we sell the Mustang and get another truck or suv... I will go back to not caring so much where we park or fussing over keeping it clean. I am NOT a truck guy but my wife loves them. Now I could go for a Jeep Trackhawk but that’s not going to happen.
Not replacing my Mustang.
I'm replacing my truck because I'm giving my '98 ZR2 to my Grandson.

treecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6 speed manual, F-450 pickup, Jeep TJ. Dodge Ram Cummins diesel 2500
I worry a lot about this too. I just got my mustang July 24, and I just put it away for the next 6 months to hibernate over winter , fortunately with not a single scratch. Now I can sleep at night. I've been driving my Jeep and I can park anywhere plus I don't have to worry about speeding tickets for awhile.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Not replacing my Mustang.
I'm replacing my truck because I'm giving my '98 ZR2 to my Grandson.
The positive side of my situation is I do not want to sell the Mustang so I am not doing anything to facilitate selling/trading for something else. I just have to listen to my wife of 46 years how much she misses her RAM Laramie. We looked at a very nice CPO Durango GT loaded with the Hemi but the offer on the Mustang was too low and they didn’t seem to want to deal. We just drove off..... with the top down. :) Some manager called the next day but I told him we decided to keep the Mustang. The sales guy was very nice, but the manager dude seemed clueless. They have reduced the listed price on the Durango $1500 since we first looked at it.

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for all of the support, I feel not so alone.. haha.

I am definitely that guy who will park wherever I need to in order to avoid having cars or carts or whatever surrounding my car. I have a feeling this probably happened at work.

Thankfully the clear that was scraped came off pretty clean. You have to know where the spot is or really look for it to see it. That’s the plus side, other than there’s no dent.

That now marks the third spot on the car that’s not “untouched”. Thankfully they’re all minor but man.. it is stressful having something nice and worrying about what is going to inevitably occur to take that pristine-ness away.
Sponsored