People Suck - Bumper Scrape

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Same thing happened to me a little over a month ago.. no note left. Luckily only my wrap was damaged but I still had to shell out $800 to get the fender and bumper rewrapped.
5B8EDFC1-21B0-46FC-9232-20E0D114F286.jpeg
Quickly glancing at the photo, it looks like there’s a chunk of bumper missing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just had this happen too. No note, no idea where. The crappy part is lately I have only driven this car on Fridays and weekends and it just had to happen to this and not my $1000 Hyundai I drive 90% of the week. I might as well take this oppurtunity to have the liscense plate holes filled and little rock chips repaired. People suck.
86F3FE78-96E7-403E-A847-00D8FD5F3795.jpeg
Yikes. I’d say the odds were pretty low for it to happen given how little you drive it.

Idiots work fast.. clearly. Your Hyundai will be forever untouched. You could probably take it through a brush car wash and leave without a single swirl but you take the Stang out and someone swipes it.

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully the repair will be simple and inexpensive. There are good people in this world. You got one of the other ones.:angry:
For sure. Lots of “other ones” around here. I’ve never been around so many people that just don’t care about personal property or responsibility if they damage it. I miss Myrtle Beach daily in that respect.

I’ve still had similar stuff happen back home but generally people are more cautious and courteous if they knowingly break your crap.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Drove my Mustang today 75 miles from home looking for a used pickup to buy.
Wife decided we needed to go into a restaurant and eat dinner.
I swear; I thought I'd go into a PANIC because I didn't park in a better parking space than I did.

My sweetie finally said; 'go move the car, you'll never make it if you don't.'
So, I did.
There isn't a scratch, ding, rock chip, bug skidmark or scuffmark on the car.
It's gonna stay that way.........................
My previous car was a Subaru Tribeca. Parked it out of the way at a mall. Some asshat keyed it so hard he/she creased the metal

So parking out of the way is good, but not asshat proof

Last edited:

delhi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Well if it helps...

Yesterday someone fcuking keyed my car. Intentionally and for no reason other than they think it amusing.
I was in a new city, staying in hotel overnight and woke up to my car having been keyed.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Well if it helps...

Yesterday someone fcuking keyed my car. Intentionally and for no reason other than they think it amusing.
I was in a new city, staying in hotel overnight and woke up to my car having been keyed.
That is what keeps me awake some nights.

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange Ecoboost Mustang
Park so far away, it's hard to see your car when you leave the store.

There's been a few times where I chose not to buy something, or go shopping, because the lot was too full and there was no safe place to park away from the rest of the cretins.
I always do this. I was 2 weeks from turning in my 16' lease and its pouring and I park in the costco lot on the far side where nobody gets next to me and my wife says.. "Really, you cant park closer now that your turning it in?" Nope.. got out of the car and started walking in the rain..

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I always do this. I was 2 weeks from turning in my 16' lease and its pouring and I park in the costco lot on the far side where nobody gets next to me and my wife says.. "Really, you cant park closer now that your turning it in?" Nope.. got out of the car and started walking in the rain..
I've gotten used to dropping people off at the doors, and then parking in a galaxy far, far away.

I get some good points with other people for dropping off and picking up my crotchety, aged mother that way.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Honestly, I'm not much of a fan of having a brush guard on a car, but if it'll help keep people away, it might be worth it.

prius-grille.jpg

upload_2019-10-14_9-31-50.jpeg

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Well if it helps...

I really hope there's a special place in hell for people that key other peoples cars...

Sponsored

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
Sucks that this happens but such is life i guess. I was at a stop light Friday and some dude took his foot off his brake and rolled into the back of my 3 week old 2019. Don't even have a 1000 miles on it. The license plate holder on his F150 left some scratches and 2 grooves in my back bumper right around the license plate. I was livid. To make matters worse, he tried to blame it on my by saying I rolled back into him. Now i'm stuck dealing with insurance stuff, the insurance info he gave me and my insurance company is bogus so I've got a 3 week old car with cosmetic scars on the back bumper and am looking at going out of pocket if less than deductible or using my own insurance to get the car fixed cuz people suck.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Sucks that this happens but such is life i guess. I was at a stop light Friday and some dude took his foot off his brake and rolled into the back of my 3 week old 2019. Don't even have a 1000 miles on it. The license plate holder on his F150 left some scratches and 2 grooves in my back bumper right around the license plate. I was livid. To make matters worse, he tried to blame it on my by saying I rolled back into him. Now i'm stuck dealing with insurance stuff, the insurance info he gave me and my insurance company is bogus so I've got a 3 week old car with cosmetic scars on the back bumper and am looking at going out of pocket if less than deductible or using my own insurance to get the car fixed cuz people suck.
Stories like this make me want to get all the dash cams covering every bit of my car. More and more, people are only ever nice if someone else is watching or it's convenient to their selfish asses. And I'm more and more glad I don't have kids to try and make it through this place when I'm gone because I only see it getting worse.

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
Stories like this make me want to get all the dash cams covering every bit of my car. More and more, people are only ever nice if someone else is watching or it's convenient to their selfish asses. And I'm more and more glad I don't have kids to try and make it through this place when I'm gone because I only see it getting worse.
Yeah! Shitty part is the Mustang is my 2nd car so not daily driven. I hadnt got a dash cam for it yet. My wife's car and my truck both have dash cams. I just ordered a front/back system from Amazon. Going to have to figure out if I want to hardwire it to the fuse box or if the rear view mirror will be able to support both the camera and my V1.

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange Ecoboost Mustang
Going to have to figure out if I want to hardwire it to the fuse box or if the rear view mirror will be able to support both the camera and my V1.
Wait... Hold up.. What do you mean if the mirror will support it? Are there connections exposed or are you talking cutting and splicing?

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2