Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
This is the part # -W716510-S300. I recently had to order some to replace the ones I lost in the engine compartment the first time I removed the cover in my GT350.

Amazon wants $9.53 for one. I bought them from AN White Bear for $.72 each.
link? I bought them on Amazon as well. :frusty:
Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I lost a couple quite awhile ago and just noticed that my dealer replaced them after an oil change. kind of a nice surprise.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If I wasn't already retired, I'd retire and buy a bunch from a dealer for 72 cents each and get rich selling them on Amazon for $9 each.

Sponsored

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
They are a pain in the ass.They dont hold well and are easily lost. I bought some,7MM from O'Reillys that are much better.I also bought a bag of 4 from the dealer. I then bought 20 high quality 7mm screw in rivets from ebay .They came direct from Hong Kong, frt included for $1.92. All the aftermarket ones work better than the oem.You do have to use a screw driver though. Not a biggy.

OP
OP

mx862

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I was considering making a dzus style fastener work. That way it would stay attached to the cover. They have plenty on ebay for sale that come in black with no tools needed to remove. I just haven't had the time yet to investigate further what may be the best to try.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I was at the autozone tonight getting something similar for my wife's pontiac vibe (under front body/chassis cover fasteners)..so as I was looking for hers I noticed what looked like something very similar to our battery cover fasteners . Im gonna pull one of mine soon and take it to AutoZone and see if I can come up with a close match.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If you are working on stang regularly you are probally disconecting the battery often. Is it just me or do the screw fasteners that secure the cover suck? They usually fall out and fall into the abiss of the engine compartment. Has someone come up for a fix for this? I thought I would be lazy and see if someone already had a good fix.
The "fix" is to remove them entirely before removing the battery cover so they don't fall down into the engine abyss.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought my 16 two were missing and the cover was sitting on my engine cover, I just used tie wraps to secure the battery cover, seem's like the easiest solution now I've read this thread, thank's guys.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
When I bought my 16 two were missing and the cover was sitting on my engine cover, I just used tie wraps to secure the battery cover, seem's like the easiest solution now I've read this thread, thank's guys.
Well, ideally you want some kind of fastener that doesn't require tools to remove the cover... or at the most a screwdriver. Having to cut zip ties every time you remove the cover would get annoying. Then again, not everyone removes their battery cover on a regular basis. :lol:

I went and ordered these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HJPOZA4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1/4 inch, and a nylon screw style of fastener. Good enough, can always use a key, coin, or something else to open them.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I picked up a box of these from Clips and Fasteners dot com.

These are the exact replacement for the battery cover fasteners.

Last edited:

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I bought 6mm J clips and use screw in wing nuts. Tired of losing them.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Well, ideally you want some kind of fastener that doesn't require tools to remove the cover... or at the most a screwdriver. Having to cut zip ties every time you remove the cover would get annoying. Then again, not everyone removes their battery cover on a regular basis. :lol:

I went and ordered these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HJPOZA4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1/4 inch, and a nylon screw style of fastener. Good enough, can always use a key, coin, or something else to open them.
they should be 7mm but 1/4"may work ok.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I picked up a box of these from Clips and Fasteners dot com.

These are the exact replacement for the battery cover fasteners.

Good find! I wasted quite a bit of time searching online and didnt find those.
Sponsored