Sponsored

dealer installed roush supercharger

okitsme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Last week I bought a brand new 2019 Mustang GT with a Roush supercharger installed by the dealer. Today I took it to a shop and put it on a dyno, and it only put out 380hp and 335lb/ft torque at the wheel on a Land and Sea dyno. The dealer told me there is a "break in period" programmed into the computer, so the car will not output full power until after 1500 miles. Has anyone bought a similar mustang before and experienced the same thing?
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
those arent even stock numbers...sounds fishy to me but i have 0 experience with FI

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i would assume they would be correct there not gunna just let ya rip it right off the floor with a new motor.. like you just tried to do.. my car had miles on it when the s/c was put on so i didn't have that problem.. but my buddy bought a new 19 scat pack daytona charger and his was limited till 1200 miles

and also id check to see if they had the dyno brake on too high.. i've had this happen to me a few times taking my car to a dyno the guy didn't adjust the brake or whatever its called and it put out crappy numbers.. till he realized it

and roush is all about safe so i wouldn't doubt there's a safe mod till 1500

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Last week I bought a brand new 2019 Mustang GT with a Roush supercharger installed by the dealer. Today I took it to a shop and put it on a dyno, and it only put out 380hp and 335lb/ft torque at the wheel on a Land and Sea dyno. The dealer told me there is a "break in period" programmed into the computer, so the car will not output full power until after 1500 miles. Has anyone bought a similar mustang before and experienced the same thing?
I bought a brand new 2015 Roush Stage 3 right off the floor a few years back and, other than the normal break-in period for the car/motor itself, I was not informed of a specific period of time to break-in the SC. To be sure, I contacted Roush Performance and the technician explained to me, that although there was no official break-in period for the SC, to follow the Ford break-in period just to be on the safe side. As far as the numbers you saw on the dyno, Kenny is right...the numbers sound very suspect. Perhaps Rob is right and there was an issue with the dyno itself?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
The SC Corvettes I believe have the same technology of not unlocking full power till x amount of miles as well. Just call Roush directly and they will tell you the real story and congrats she’s gonna fly when she’s a legal.

Sponsored

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
At worst case scenario you should be upper 500’s to low 600’s

Gplus

Threads
Reaction score
You should be at least at 600plus. The Roush program releases 2psi of boost after 1000 miles but the numbers you are showing aren’t even consistent with a stock coyote.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Can you share a pic of the your engine bay?

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I'm not sure how the tune would pull power until a certain mileage.

When it was on the dyno, what rpm was it run to?

Sponsored
OP
OP

okitsme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the feedback! So I decided to call Roush instead of the dealer, and they informed me of a connector that needs to be disconnected in the engine bay behind the airbox. It disables traction control completely. I'm going to try to find some time to dyno it again today and see if that was in fact the problem. Roush also confirmed there is no computerized break in period.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks for all the feedback! So I decided to call Roush instead of the dealer, and they informed me of a connector that needs to be disconnected in the engine bay behind the airbox. It disables traction control completely. I'm going to try to find some time to dyno it again today and see if that was in fact the problem. Roush also confirmed there is no computerized break in period.
A word to the wise, check with your mod manufacturers before throwing your car on a dyno. Better safe than sorry.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, you've got to turn off the advancetrac and traction control by pulling that plug on the dyno or traction control will go nuts as it thinks you are just spinning the wheels.
Sponsored