Sponsored

buying new 2020 GT Premium roush stage 2 supercharger through dealer worth it?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Premium gt without PP and stick with stock gears. Never done track or drag but yes could end up trying out both to see what i am into. def alot of think and go over. But for now mainly will be just DD. What things to do for just DD?
You have now opened a real can of worms. For just a SC'd DD GreenS550 is right, you do not need to do much. If you get it stick with the standard gears until you decide you want more as you may like it just as it is. For improved handling and bite stick to the basis. Ford Track Handling Pack would be a good start.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-M8A

You can also connect directly with Steeda and/or BMR. Tell them what you have and what your expectations are and they will take it from there.

Now as far as tracking your car. Well the drag strip and the road course like different things. For the drag strip, the SC and the A10 are the fast way to go. For the road course, skip the weight of the SC and go M6. But from the sound of it that's in your future so buy what you want now and adapt as your needs change.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Can you add the exhaust to that from the dealer?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Can you add the exhaust to that from the dealer?
I'm sending them a whole slew of things I'd like installed including stop the hop kit.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It will be interesting to see what the price is with all the added extras.

I'm sending them a whole slew of things I'd like installed including stop the hop kit.

aggarcia70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350
The performance potential is what got me back into a Mustang. I was orginally looking at a PP2 then adding the SC kit. The issue was when I was done it was more $$ than a GT350. Sure it had more power, but in the end the value will drop like any Mustang, SC or not. I decided for less money a Shelby GT350 was the best option. Glad I went that route.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I am guessing less than a $1K labor for those suspension pieces. If you do add the oil pump gears, crank bolt, and half shafts, that will tack on $1k-1.5k for labor.

However, if you are considering oil pump gears and crank bolt, the time to do it is while they have it in the shop and the intake already off. It is very possible that would cut down on the labor prices for adding it later.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I am guessing less than a $1K labor for those suspension pieces. If you do add the oil pump gears, crank bolt, and half shafts, that will tack on $1k-1.5k for labor.
I'm not adding the half shafts if I don't have to.

Sponsored

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think this is being over complicated. For the question of buying a Mustang GT with the Roush blower already installed is a good deal? Sure it is assuming you wanted it anyway and don't have to do it after buying the car. So yeah do it if you were wanting that car. Now the question for me would be price. How much is MSRP on the car(not including the blower/labor). 2020 GT'S are going for 8 grand+ OFF msrp right now. Even 10ish. So the max I PERSONALLY would pay over the original msrp of the car is 1-2k. Maybe 2-3k for the convenience factor and it was pretty much exactly what is was looking for. For the you could do this or that or need to do this or that is another discussion. If a warrantied Roush supercharged Gt is what you want great! Do it for the price you are happy with. I was in a similar boat when I got my PP2 at the end of 2019. I got it for about 9k off. It was about 52ish sticker(basically loaded) and paid 43k. So add the blower and it would of been 52/53k for a loaded PP2 with a. Roush stage 2 blower.

SoonerAmongThePack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Premium gt without PP and stick with stock gears. Never done track or drag but yes could end up trying out both to see what i am into. def alot of think and go over. But for now mainly will be just DD. What things to do for just DD?
I got the same offer on my 20 GT Premium from the dealership as you and am in a similar position as well (interested in drag/track, but never done it).
Sponsored