Sponsored

Dealer markup Roush

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
A dealer in my area just became a Roush dealer, I was already under the impression these vehicles have set pricing packages you can order after you buy the car, yet I heard the dealer say there will be an adjusted market value.. Anyone ever heard of this on a Roush vehicle?
Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Ive seen post about people getting epic deals on Roush’s but I think they was leftovers. Not sure about new models being price controlled

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....I heard the dealer say........
That's all you needed to...................say.

......there will be an adjusted market value....Anyone ever heard of this on a Roush vehicle?
Sure.

And on GT350s. And GT500s, and any rare/special vehicle. It's usually called ADM, or Additional Dealer Mark-up.

It's their car, they can sell it for whatever they can get for it.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
That's all you needed to...................say.

Sure.

And on GT350s. And GT500s, and any rare/special vehicle. It's usually called ADM, or Additional Dealer Mark-up.

It's their car, they can sell it for whatever they can get for it.
I understand the 350s and 500s.. but the roush packages show the price if package right on roushs website, ie 14k + cost of vehicle. If they are an authorized dealer and build the roush models, how can they say there is a market value? Anyone should be able to walk in, pick out a mustang, and say I want that with the stage 2 or 3 roush pack.. I'm not seeing how they can add whatever to it being its sold as a package price according to Roush.

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
I would advise- choose a different dealer. The depreciation is killer and not worth and additional "special market value" upticks. You can order a car or find a good one used for a bargin. GT350 or GT500 upcharge- maybe if it's perfect. Roush, Saleen or any other essentially modded car= no way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I would advise- choose a different dealer. The depreciation is killer and not worth and additional "special market value" upticks. You can order a car or find a good one used for a bargin. GT350 or GT500 upcharge- maybe if it's perfect. Roush, Saleen or any other essentially modded car= no way.
Oh I'm not buying one, I was curious. For that money I would get a 350.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I understand the 350s and 500s.. but the roush packages show the price if package right on roushs website, ie 14k + cost of vehicle. If they are an authorized dealer and build the roush models, how can they say there is a market value? Anyone should be able to walk in, pick out a mustang, and say I want that with the stage 2 or 3 roush pack.. I'm not seeing how they can add whatever to it being its sold as a package price according to Roush.
Again, it's no different than a GT350/GT500, etc. Ford gives those cars an MSRP, the prices are right on Ford's web-site, and the dealers are free to charge what they can get for it. It's just business.

Buying the Roush is no different. It's the dealer's car, and they can charge whatever they want. The Roush dealer is simply wanting more money for the car than Roush lists as the MSRP, and there's nothing wrong with that.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Check Ray Skillman Ford in Greenwood, IN. I bought two Roush Mustangs from them over the years, and they stayed pretty much in line with the Roush cost. Little bit of a mark-up...not too bad.

Tim

18ROUSH_RS2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DK
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona ROUSH RS2
Vehicle Showcase
as others have said, Dealers do that form time to time with cars that aren't very plentiful in specific areas or if they are new to market.

I bought my 2018 ROUSH RS2 in Nov 2018 (leftover I guess you'd say) Ford MSRP was for the car itself was $49k.....ROUSH sticker with options was $59,500. I paid $49,500 (w/Rebates and Z-Plan pricing)
Basically I got a ROUSH for the price of a GT-PP1 sticker....which is the only reason why I traded in for it.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Special market value is code for ADM. The dealer ads this to make more money off the car you're buying. I never pay Special market value if the dealer insists and won't come off of it I walk.

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Maybe it uptick is installation. Roush supercharger is 7699 on Roush site but the dealer may charge you 10,000 installed.
Sponsored