Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Keep us updated - real-world feedback is always appreciated!

TJ
Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Keep us updated - real-world feedback is always appreciated!

TJ
I have the 2 piece, and really like it. Items such as this sort of make the car feel a bit "lighter" in the perception department. Ligher is always good. Didn't go with the extreme because of the ground clearance issue with my drive. Am still strongly wanting a large chin spoiler but this also gives me pause in that area.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I just purchased the 2 point g-trac brace! can't wait to install it! I was on the fence about the Extreme version but after much research and for what I use the car for now I think it would have been overkill. Will update with a review once it's in!

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
I just purchased the 2 point g-trac brace! can't wait to install it! I was on the fence about the Extreme version but after much research and for what I use the car for now I think it would have been overkill. Will update with a review once it's in!
The only thing that kept me from the extreme version was the worse ground clearance as I was trying to balance everything i could for daily driveability with performance.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
The only thing that kept me from the extreme version was the worse ground clearance as I was trying to balance everything i could for daily driveability with performance.
Yeah that was the same for me

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I just purchased the 2-point G-Trac brace! I was on the fence about the Extreme (4-point) version but, after much research & for what I use the car for now, I think it would have been overkill
Look at the chassis as being a very large 5th spring (& by no means is it a helper spring). Any chassis bracing (front, rear or lateral) will assist in negating that 'spring' effect to some extent. Obviously, on the G-Trac, four (4) points will be better than two (2). The primary effect from additional chassis bracing will be a more effective suspension. And this will apply whether you have retained the OE suspension or modified it to whatever your driving requirements dictate.

As a side note, this is why those early Penske/Donohue Trans-Am Camaros utilized a full cage v. the basic 4-point roll bar. It had zero to do w/driver safety & everything to do w/chassis stiffness ... & more effective suspension settings.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Look at the chassis as being a very large 5th spring (& by no means is it a helper spring). Any chassis bracing (front, rear or lateral) will assist in negating that 'spring' effect to some extent. Obviously, on the G-Trac, four (4) points will be better than two (2). The primary effect from additional chassis bracing will be a more effective suspension. And this will apply whether you have retained the OE suspension or modified it to whatever your driving requirements dictate.

As a side note, this is why those early Penske/Donohue Trans-Am Camaros utilized a full cage v. the basic 4-point roll bar. It had zero to do w/driver safety & everything to do w/chassis stiffness ... & more effective suspension settings.
A very large and very complex spring.

The trick is adding effective chassis stiffening without adding too much weight.

See the attached .pdf for some (not so) light reading on the topic . . .

Norm

Attachments

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
A very large & very complex spring. The trick is adding effective chassis stiffening w/out adding too much weight. See the attached .pdf for some (not so) light reading on the topic.
100% agreement w/regard to size & complexity of the 'chassis spring', but was merely trying to simplify the 'visual'. Did not see any specifics on the quick read of the pdf, but cage weight far exceeds any of the ad-ons that are being discussed in this thread. A basic SCCA type cage is 1.75" OA w/a wall thickness of 0.095" & weighs in @ 1.7 lbs per linear foot. That is why it makes zero sense (IMHO) to even consider a 2-pt v. 4-pt G-Trac from a dollar/weight/performance standpoint. As nice as my (non-track) Mustang Level 2 is, I still immediately added Steeda sub frame braces (555-5754) & the 4-point G-Trac (555-5532). And for those that are concerned about ground clearance w/the 4-pt G-Trac, just look at it as a little additional protection for the 'plastic' oil pan & aluminum transmission case. :)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
100% agreement w/regard to size & complexity of the 'chassis spring', but was merely trying to simplify the 'visual'. Did not see any specifics on the quick read of the pdf,

It's been a while since the last time I read through it, but I do recall that out of quite a few additional stiffening options there were two or three that stood out from the rest for effectiveness.

Norm

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
It's been awhile since the last time I read thru it, but I do recall that, out of quite a few additional stiffening options, there were two (2) or three (3) that stood out from the rest for effectiveness.
It's interesting that you brought that up as I noticed the exact same thing. There are a number of classes in SCCA that mandate a six (6) or eight (8) pad 'foot print' for the roll cage. For those types of cages, the additional bracing the you are referencing would be especially beneficial. I printed the article out for future reference. Thank you. :like:

Sponsored

anthonygan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Roushcharged Phase 2
I had the 4 point bracket at first, but since my car is on bags, it’s lower to the ground. And with the 2 bolts up top, they hang super low that it would hit the floor sometimes on uneven ground, or like when I go over a pot hole. There would be like 1 inch of clearance from the bolt. I switched over to the 2 point since and the handling is definitely not like the 4 point, but it’s still go!

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
@SteedaTech
Did I receive the correct bolts with my brace? (picture below)
I had an issue with a groaning noise and removed it. I noted on install that the bolt did not pass all the way through the nut when the subframe was in between.
5CFMv4x.jpg

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I had both the Steeda rear IRS Braces and the 2 point front brace on my '17. I pulled them off before selling it. I was honestly shocked at the difference without the braces in my '19 GT - then the difference bolting them back in the new car. With 19x10 wheels on wider rubber - I'd forgotten how much the car wanted to wander before the front brace was added.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
@SteedaTech
Did I receive the correct bolts with my brace? (picture below)
I had an issue with a groaning noise and removed it. I noted on install that the bolt did not pass all the way through the nut when the subframe was in between.
5CFMv4x.jpg
Acemastr, you did get the correct bolts. That SHCS bolt should be 80mm long.

The picture provided, (once screwed together with the nut) has an air gap of .130” once the bolt starts to engage with the locking threads. The piece of sheet metal this attaches to is .080” thick, providing .050” of engagement into the locking portion of the threads.

You should be able to bolt everything together just fine.

-SteedaTech

mustang123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Bought the 2 point one, the black spacers/sleeves are an absolute nightmare to put in, even with the slags removed, the spacers were still way too tall to move over the bent lip resulted from factory hole punching. Filed the spacers down, still too tall. Gave up and installed without the spacers and put the washer on top to prevent crushing of the subframe. The brace was very high quality, super sturdy and nicely coated. However those black spacers were not well manufacturerd IMO.
Sponsored

Last edited: