Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

surfing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jes
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6 CONV
Just dropped my car off at the dealer earlier today, the one I'm currently using now that I live out in PA. Going to follow up with the usual service adviser I work with since he was out today.

Of course, when I sat down w/ service and said (yes I've had the car in for this problem multiple times at my last dealer), the only thing they found on record in the oasis report was way back in 2016 with 2000 miles on the car when my old dealer put the new DS in. I'm willing to bet all the times they messed with the tires they never tied it to this issue.

I told the service adviser my last dealer kept blaming the tires, I know its not the tires, so I don't want it back saying "its fixed, we checked the tires". I'll keep rejecting it until they either fix it or I get pissed off enough to deal with it myself.
We are on Day 60 without our 2017 Mustang V6 Conv. 5k , RAV made first contact with us on replacing the car, now we have to wait an additional 2 weeks before we get our first offer on the replacement. NOT FUN
Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
We are on Day 60 without our 2017 Mustang V6 Conv. 5k , RAV made first contact with us on replacing the car, now we have to wait an additional 2 weeks before we get our first offer on the replacement. NOT FUN

I'm a year past trying to do a lemon law buy back under NJ law, so at this point either they fix it or I will.

Yes I'm a stubborn SOB

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
60 days? In most States, 30 days is max and bam - it’s Lemon’d.

Read up on Lemon Law thread...

There is no “offer”, YOU demand a replacement or full refund, there’s no other option. Why so long to get RAV involved?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a year past trying to do a lemon law buy back under NJ law, so at this point either they fix it or I will.

Yes I'm a stubborn SOB

What’s your accrued mileage? What was the documented mileage of first instance of vibe?

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
What’s your accrued mileage? What was the documented mileage of first instance of vibe?
I'm a little over 16,000 miles, the last record in the OASIS report is around 2000 miles when they replaced the driveshaft after the SSM came out.

Without seeing what is in the OASIS report, I want to say I brought this up to them around 1500 miles at my first oil change, they re-balanced the tires.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a little over 16,000 miles, the last record in the OASIS report is around 2000 miles when they replaced the driveshaft after the SSM came out.

Without seeing what is in the OASIS report, I want to say I brought this up to them around 1500 miles at my first oil change, they re-balanced the tires.
If the car was brought in for the concern and the mileage at that time was below the NJ threshold, (which I believe still remains at 2/24 from date of purchase) AND the problem still exists, you might have leverage requesting a Buy Back. If the work was performed at any US Ford Dealership, the work was logged into a Ford Service Center system by your VIN, so your concern and “mileage in” is documented.

If the car went in to the shop 2 more times for the same redundant repair issue, after 3 attempts by the Manufacturer to fix, it qualifies for a Lemon. Also if the car were at the shop for 30 consecutive days OR 30 days within the calendar year, it would also qualify.

I’m not sure if you have seen or read through this link yet - it contains a lot of helpful info and may be beneficial:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...or-are-filing-lemon-law-for-their-s550.59015/

Also search my User ID and the term “RAV” on this site, you’ll find a TON of helpful info I had posted and about my RAV Buy Back experience with my prior 2016.

Have you ever called Ford 800# and opened a Case Number for the concern? If not you still can do that as well, especially if your still warranted under the 3/36.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
If the car was brought in for the concern and the mileage at that time was below the NJ threshold, (which I believe still remains at 2/24 from date of purchase) AND the problem still exists, you might have leverage requesting a Buy Back. If the work was performed at any US Ford Dealership, the work was logged into a Ford Service Center system by your VIN, so your concern and “mileage in” is documented.

If the car went in to the shop 2 more times for the same redundant repair issue, after 3 attempts by the Manufacturer to fix, it qualifies for a Lemon. Also if the car were at the shop for 30 consecutive days OR 30 days within the calendar year, it would also qualify.

I’m not sure if you have seen or read through this link yet - it contains a lot of helpful info and may be beneficial:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...or-are-filing-lemon-law-for-their-s550.59015/

Also search my User ID and the term “RAV” on this site, you’ll find a TON of helpful info I had posted and about my RAV Buy Back experience with my prior 2016.

Have you ever called Ford 800# and opened a Case Number for the concern? If not you still can do that as well, especially if your still warranted under the 3/36.
I had thought the lemon period was within 2 years from purchase period, as in I thought the process had to be started within that period. That was always how I always interpreted the law at least.

My 3/36 actually just expired 9 days ago, I'm on an extended warranty now.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the most current Ford SSM-47991 regarding driveline vibes for all 2015-2018’s; see attached.

Attachments

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Stopped by the dealer today and test drove the car, they re-balanced the driveshaft and it actually feels better than it ever has. By better, it actually feels fixed, I've never felt it so smooth in this speed range before. I'm going to drive the car to work for the rest of the week ( I do about 110 miles a day) and see how it goes, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
That is excellent news. Keep us updated.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Stopped by the dealer today and test drove the car, they re-balanced the driveshaft and it actually feels better than it ever has. By better, it actually feels fixed, I've never felt it so smooth in this speed range before. I'm going to drive the car to work for the rest of the week ( I do about 110 miles a day) and see how it goes, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
Finally a happy customer!

I was going to suggest wheel/hub beating..common issue it appears as well

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
It just takes diligence. If it comes back, let me know and we can go through a procedure for fixing it permanently.

Being a stubborn SOB is exactly what it takes to fix this problem. It is not trivial. But, it does follow simple physics, so there is a solution. You just might have to work for it. ;)

Good luck man, let us know, please. You have the attention of the only person on this entire forum (me) who knows basically everything about this problem and is willing to lend advice.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Finally a happy customer!

I was going to suggest wheel/hub beating..common issue it appears as well
Just my luck, on the way home it threw the P0300 and P0308 misfire codes which point to the IMRC issue. Going back to the dealer tomorrow lol

It just takes diligence. If it comes back, let me know and we can go through a procedure for fixing it permanently.

Being a stubborn SOB is exactly what it takes to fix this problem. It is not trivial. But, it does follow simple physics, so there is a solution. You just might have to work for it. ;)

Good luck man, let us know, please. You have the attention of the only person on this entire forum (me) who knows basically everything about this problem and is willing to lend advice.
I'll certainly keep my experiences up to date in here, good or bad

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
yep, I have those codes as well. Please DEFINITELY let us know about that (PM me if you don't want to put it here).

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Just my luck, on the way home it threw the P0300 and P0308 misfire codes which point to the IMRC issue. Going back to the dealer tomorrow lol

I'll certainly keep my experiences up to date in here, good or bad
I'm not sure those codes are related to your at speed vibration concerns but maybe they are
Sponsored