Sponsored

P51 Wheel issues

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Any input other than the FB photo floating around as to strength issues for daily street use on crappy Midwest roads ?
PM info. if needed.
Thx
Sponsored

Zed09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 Magnaride MT82 Whipple 3.75
I only have around 2k on mine with no issues, also did a track night with them.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m interested in this as well. Great looking, light wheels for a good price. I e only ever heard good things about them but Iā€™ve brought them up as suggestions a couple of times and people always bring up that they arenā€™t ā€œtrack worthyā€ and that they have ā€œbroken on peopleā€. Hopefully some people can shed some light

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah I saw that pop up on here about 6 months ago and was kind of bummed since I had just gotten mine last summer. So far so good though, probably 8k miles on them with lots of hard use street driving.

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
Has anyone on this forum had 1st hand experience with breakage on these wheels. They look awesome and I want to buy them but am concerned as far as strength goes.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I have a set of MRR M600's which is a similar design and I have not had a problem with them. Nor have any of my friend on the forum that
use them. I only tracked them for 1 season though and I went to a more track oriented wheel with different features and sizing.

I still use the M600's for street driving duty.

However I did see the images posted a while back and they were scary lookin' You could tell from the break placements and brakes that
these are 2 different users. 1 is a GT and one is a GT-350.

P-51_1.jpg

P-51_2.jpg

I'm not hatin' just sharing facts.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a set of MRR M600's which is a similar design and I have not had a problem with them. Nor have any of my friend on the forum that
use them. I only tracked them for 1 season though and I went to a more track oriented wheel with different features and sizing.

I still use the M600's for street driving duty.

However I did see the images posted a while back and they were scary lookin' You could tell from the break placements and brakes that
these are 2 different users. 1 is a GT and one is a GT-350.

P-51_1.jpg

P-51_2.jpg

I'm not hatin' just sharing facts.
Itā€™s good to finally see pictures. Iā€™ve heard from numerous members here and have searched but never actually found any proof of any of them breaking. Do they claim that theyā€™re suitable for track use?

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ā€˜16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ā€˜19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
The MRR wheels have got a lot or meat in that area and do not break

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Itā€™s good to finally see pictures. Iā€™ve heard from numerous members here and have searched but never actually found any proof of any of them breaking.

Do they claim that theyā€™re suitable for track use?
The only companies that I know that make those types of claims are the really pricey forged offerings (HRE/Signature/Forgeline/BBS, etc).

Realistically, if you're just using these wheels for street driving usage, you're going to be fine. :thumbsup:

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The only companies that I know that make those types of claims are the really pricey forged offerings (HRE/Signature/Forgeline/BBS, etc).

Realistically, if you're just using these wheels for street driving usage, you're going to be fine. :thumbsup:
That was my thought exactly. I just wasnā€™t sure if maybe they had claimed that they were capable of such and that they werenā€™t living up to it

OP
OP

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
ā€œ2morrowā€
Thx for posting up those two pix. Like most Iā€™ve seen the GT350 ā€œP51ā€ cracked wheel spokes but I havenā€™t seen the GT photo. Iā€™m not a FB user so Iā€™m a little behind.

At this point I wouldā€™ve expected P51 or a Dealer for P51 to step up and go on record as to if these photos floating around the worldwide web are a legitimate issue of abuse, negligence, operator error vs. design/integrity issues.

I canā€™t imagine potholed streets are less stressful then track day.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
ā€œ2morrowā€
Thx for posting up those two pix. Like most Iā€™ve seen the GT350 ā€œP51ā€ cracked wheel spokes but I havenā€™t seen the GT photo. Iā€™m not a FB user so Iā€™m a little behind.

At this point I wouldā€™ve expected P51 or a Dealer for P51 to step up and go on record as to if these photos floating around the worldwide web are a legitimate issue of abuse, negligence, operator error vs. design/integrity issues.

I canā€™t imagine potholed streets are less stressful then track day.
The wheels arenā€™t faulty exactly, theyā€™re just really not as strong as most others. If you own a set, bummer, and if you were looking to buy there are better stronger choices basically the same design.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, I've done two x 20 stage tarmac rallies plus various track days and so far about 19,000kms on my P51's.

Haven't had any issues of note. Other than the fact I've scratched them!
Sponsored