Sponsored

Forgive my ignorance....

jeskam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
So I traded up from a 15' comp orange GT to a 16' comp orange GT350 last night.... All should be well and good but honestly.. I'm a little butt hurt about some of the simple things they left off. I don't give a damn about chrome bits and non-useful doo dads like that but my cup holder lights!!! Come on guys!.. Foot well lights will be missed as well.. Anywho.. I could have swore that there were THREE modes to the exhaust muffling.. regular sport and track but I guess there are only two? I can't find anything about the track, wide open, mode anywhere.. not sure how I got that in my head. If I'm wrong can someone please let me know how to find it. I have a set of Borla ATAK's on the GT and they sound great and are plenty loud. The quality of the flat plane sound is superior but the volume is certainly missing! Thoughts?

P.S. Both cars will be in the driveway until Saturday when the guy comes to get the GT... I'm thinking about figuring out how much of a PITA it will be to swap some of those parts.. anyone have any luck doing so?
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yes, you are mistaken. Two modes on this car. Sport is wide open. Sounds to me like the GT was a better fitting car for you. Maybe you can get out of the deal. This car is raw and basic, and it was meant to be that way. All the doo dads you miss add weight and complexity and that’s not what this car is about. Maybe should have done a little more homework before the trade.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think on the 2019 and/or 2020 they added more of the shiny bits and more lights and stuff into the GT350s. Not sure about cup holder lights as they were never on my radar.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
The 350 is a track car that happens to be street legal, the GT is a cruiser with fancy lights. So no fancy lights, but you should be able to get all the bits and pieces and wire them in if you must have lighted cup holders and footwell lights. I know the footwell lights have been added, have not seen the lighted cupholders added. Should be doable, long as you tap into the right power source.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Get your resonators removed and you'll raise the volume a bit and add some much needed character to the exhaust note. It pop's and crackles like crazy just like a GT350R when they're removed. It won't be as loud as the ATAK's on your GT but it's a perfect balance IMO.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
yea should have ponied up and got the newer 2019 / 2020 GT350 ... they incorporated comments like yours and re-added them back

Based upon the ADM thread and discussion it looks like it only helped.

Reminds me of the Boss 302, where the 2012 first year was stripper class 'deluxe' spec (ugh) while 2013 had all the GT premium bits and was the true higher end / in betweener car it should have been...

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
first time I see someone with a gt350 complaining about cup holder light.
The ambient lighting is what my wife misses most about the Ford Escape she just traded in. Her new SUV has way more safety and tech goodies than the Escape but it is the cup holder lights she misses most. It’s crazy.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
So I traded up from a 15' comp orange GT to a 16' comp orange GT350 last night.... All should be well and good but honestly.. I'm a little butt hurt about some of the simple things they left off. I don't give a damn about chrome bits and non-useful doo dads like that but my cup holder lights!!! Come on guys!.. Foot well lights will be missed as well.. Anywho.. I could have swore that there were THREE modes to the exhaust muffling.. regular sport and track but I guess there are only two? I can't find anything about the track, wide open, mode anywhere.. not sure how I got that in my head. If I'm wrong can someone please let me know how to find it. I have a set of Borla ATAK's on the GT and they sound great and are plenty loud. The quality of the flat plane sound is superior but the volume is certainly missing! Thoughts?

P.S. Both cars will be in the driveway until Saturday when the guy comes to get the GT... I'm thinking about figuring out how much of a PITA it will be to swap some of those parts.. anyone have any luck doing so?
Congrats on getting the rarest color GT350, only 248 produced in 2015-2016 and only 194 in the US. You don't say if you have a Tech Pack, Track Pack or Base model. The exhaust activation switch is different between those versions. Otherwise the valves open automatically when the accelerator is past 1/2 way in gears 1 - 5 in Normal mode. In Sport mode and Track Mode the muffler valves are always open.

Last edited:

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
oh yea, I have LF Grey with no stripes.....one of 167 in 2018, and I have the convenience package too.....no number for that included but I think only 10 percent have them. So I might have 1 of 17 or so.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Tons of info in the GT350 Basics sticky link in my signature including links to your owners manual, MY 16 info (production numbers, differences in models...)

Last edited:

MYSNAKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
oh yea, I have LF Grey with no stripes.....one of 167 in 2018, and I have the convenience package too.....no number for that included but I think only 10 percent have them. So I might have 1 of 17 or so.
Still the 2015-2016 GT 350's produced in Competition Orange will be the rarest and most coveted color for the car.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Congrats...you did get the “best color” :rockon:

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
let me give you some more comp orange 350 love. :muscle:

(base model is the fastest :sunglasses:)

OP
OP

jeskam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Well shit guys.. thanks for all the comments.. nice to have something to chew on when I get home! .. SO.. yeah, say what you will but those cup holder lights are pretty useful.. Funny story.. bought the car from CARMAX (home delivery) and the SOB's brought a red base Camaro to the house! I had to go back to the store last night.. .didn't leave till about 10pm.. anyway.. got my 20oz diet coke with me as always and start stabbing for the hole in the console... I was pretty bummed... I know it's a more bare bones guttural car, but I'm still going to drive it at NIGHT!!! And those lights are nice to have..... The comp orange is the best orange going right now.. .every maker has some shade on the road right now it seems but Ford got it right... the Dodge is too dark and the GM orange doesn't look right at all..Strangely, Jeep's is identical to the Ford one.. figured they'd use the same as the Dodge colors but oh well...
Sponsored