2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

505bbjason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT, PP1, A10, 301A 1968 El Camino
Has anyone figured out what the additional steps outside of FORscan are for 19’s yet? Before I go down this path, I want to be able to make sure my dealer can help.
Sponsored

Tweeter2148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Has anyone figured out what the additional steps outside of FORscan are for 19’s yet? Before I go down this path, I want to be able to make sure my dealer can help.
Hey Jason, I hope that you will have better luck with it than me if you do decide to go down this path. My dealership was not able to figure it out on my '19 after even keeping it for a week at the shop. They basically had no idea what to do and of course they said that Ford would not help them figure it out since the car didn't come that way. They got the controls to show up on the dash after I told them what line to change (720-10) but they couldn't figure anything else out. I have a Roush supercharger on the car and they finally just said that they can't do it because of the Roush tune. To me that seems like total bs but whatever. I installed a Borla active exhaust on the car and I was only really wanting it as either open or closed anyway. So I'm going to cut the active exhaust motors open and install a switch like Breeves002 did at the beginning of this thread. He is helping me out with some of the extra parts that I need now.

I also spoke with Fairplayinc about his '19 setup. He said to find an exact match car, same year, same specs and options but with the active exhaust option. Give the dealership that cars VIN and have them flash its PCM data to yours. Again, my dealership wouldn't do it and blamed it on having a Roush tune on my car.

Also just to mention, with the new aftermarket active exhaust (no actuators installed)..... with the car off, I can just turn the butterfly valves on both mufflers all the way open by hand, start the car and drive around or again with the car off.... close the valves all the way by hand, start the car and drive around. (I say by hand, I use a screwdriver to reach in though the exhaust tip and turn the valves) They are staying in either position (fully open or fully closed) that I put them in, which works OK for me until I get the switch installed to control them.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
So this is not plug and play for the 2019’s? I checked and mine has the plug.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
So this is not plug and play for the 2019’s? I checked and mine has the plug.
I think it's plug and play but the programming is more involved. If you have the plug, all the wiring and hardware is there.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's plug and play but the programming is more involved. If you have the plug, all the wiring and hardware is there.
I wish it was as straightforward as it was for the 18's.

Installation + some Forscan changes. Almost seems a little dicey asking the dealership to do anything other than an oil change. In my experience they don't do well thinking outside the box.

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have any input or updates on the 19's?

I may have sourced the parts I need but don't want to pull the trigger until I know for sure.

Tweeter2148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Anyone have any input or updates on the 19's?

I may have sourced the parts I need but don't want to pull the trigger until I know for sure.
Hey Jason, I hope that you will have better luck with it than me if you do decide to go down this path. My dealership was not able to figure it out on my '19 after even keeping it for a week at the shop. They basically had no idea what to do and of course they said that Ford would not help them figure it out since the car didn't come that way. They got the controls to show up on the dash after I told them what line to change (720-10) but they couldn't figure anything else out. I have a Roush supercharger on the car and they finally just said that they can't do it because of the Roush tune. To me that seems like total bs but whatever. I installed a Borla active exhaust on the car and I was only really wanting it as either open or closed anyway. So I'm going to cut the active exhaust motors open and install a switch like Breeves002 did at the beginning of this thread. He is helping me out with some of the extra parts that I need now.

I also spoke with Fairplayinc about his '19 setup. He said to find an exact match car, same year, same specs and options but with the active exhaust option. Give the dealership that cars VIN and have them flash its PCM data to yours. Again, my dealership wouldn't do it and blamed it on having a Roush tune on my car.

Also just to mention, with the new aftermarket active exhaust (no actuators installed)..... with the car off, I can just turn the butterfly valves on both mufflers all the way open by hand, start the car and drive around or again with the car off.... close the valves all the way by hand, start the car and drive around. (I say by hand, I use a screwdriver to reach in though the exhaust tip and turn the valves) They are staying in either position (fully open or fully closed) that I put them in, which works OK for me until I get the switch installed to control them.
Read my 2nd paragraph. I believe he is the only one with a 19 that found a dealership that was able to get it to work. Good luck. If you find anything else out please let us know.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Read my 2nd paragraph. I believe he is the only one with a 19 that found a dealership that was able to get it to work. Good luck. If you find anything else out please let us know.
Yeah, I shot him a PM the other day and haven't gotten a response yet.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, I don't think there is any way that the Roush tune on your car would render it unable to enabling AE, but I would like to know if there are people without a tune that have tried to enable it the same way as the rest of the 18's.

Roppolo_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 10R80
Hey guys i am new to the forum and making my first post. First let me tell you that i have a 2019 GT premium 401a, without digital dash, without magneride.(I DO HAVE THE HARNESS AT THE BACK OF THE CAR) I have been lerking through all of the active exhaust threads for some time now. I recently acquired all of the OEM parts to attempt this swap.

Parts i currently possess:
(All from Tasca Parts)
Exhaust actuator motor (2) JR3Z-5K245-B ($248.85 each) Side note I originally ordered actuator motors FR3Z-FK245-A ($93.24 each) (These are for GT350 only and have a smaller 3 pin connector which will not work OEM harness)
Wire jumper assembly (2) - JR3Z-14A411-H ($32.91 each)
Y harness - JR3Z-14A411-J ($40.61 each)

My intentions have been to obtain these parts and test functionality before purchasing a Borla Active cat-back system. I have turned on the active exhaust menu in the dash with FORScan.

Last night i finally had some time to tinker with this a bit so i plugged the harness and actuators into the OEM harness at the back of the vehicle and changed modes in the dash only to find that the actuators did not function. I am not getting any warnings in the dash just zero actuator function.

I decided to read back though the thread only to realize i had never checked the fuse box for the fuse and relay. And to my surprise.. neither is installed and even worse it does not appear there are any contacts in their
place except for 1 where the 15A fuse goes in space 42. At this point I have to assume there is no hope for a truly OEM install. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0620192036_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys i am new to the forum and making my first post. First let me tell you that i have a 2019 GT premium 401a, without digital dash, without magneride.(I DO HAVE THE HARNESS AT THE BACK OF THE CAR) I have been lerking through all of the active exhaust threads for some time now. I recently acquired all of the OEM parts to attempt this swap.

Parts i currently possess:
(All from Tasca Parts)
Exhaust actuator motor (2) JR3Z-5K245-B ($248.85 each) Side note I originally ordered actuator motors FR3Z-FK245-A ($93.24 each) (These are for GT350 only and have a smaller 3 pin connector which will not work OEM harness)
Wire jumper assembly (2) - JR3Z-14A411-H ($32.91 each)
Y harness - JR3Z-14A411-J ($40.61 each)

My intentions have been to obtain these parts and test functionality before purchasing a Borla Active cat-back system. I have turned on the active exhaust menu in the dash with FORScan.

Last night i finally had some time to tinker with this a bit so i plugged the harness and actuators into the OEM harness at the back of the vehicle and changed modes in the dash only to find that the actuators did not function. I am not getting any warnings in the dash just zero actuator function.

I decided to read back though the thread only to realize i had never checked the fuse box for the fuse and relay. And to my surprise.. neither is installed and even worse it does not appear there are any contacts in their
place except for 1 where the 15A fuse goes in space 42. At this point I have to assume there is no hope for a truly OEM install. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0620192036_HDR.jpg
Thanks for posting this.

If it's missing that means we are only missing power, right? Couldn't that just be added?

Roppolo_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 10R80
Thanks for posting this.

If it's missing that means we are only missing power, right? Couldn't that just be added?
I am only interested in a 100% OEM install no aftermarket parts except the Borla system. How would you go about adding the pins in the fuse box?

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am only interested in a 100% OEM install no aftermarket parts except the Borla system. How would you go about adding the pins in the fuse box?
Great question, one of these electrical wizards would have to reply to that one.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just checked and my box has a fuse in slot 34, Exhaust Valves, 15A.
57F2D2DA-F195-4B6F-AEDD-455E096762A8.jpeg

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you verify if you have a 15A fuse in slot 34?
Sponsored