Vehicle Showcase

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
@H1shawn1 - Can I join you in the suspension nirvana?

The 3.55 Torsen diff housing I got put in really transforms the car. It's really come alive, especially with a well tuned suspension underneath it! Amazing what the S550 can do with a proper foundation. What a machine.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just joined the club!

Installed Ford Performance Track shocks and struts with Eibach Pros I already had, BMR goodies including CB005 cradle lockout, swaybars and end links. Already have the BMR 4 pt front chassis brace. Topped it off with a Shaftmasters alum ds and the car has transformed itself into rocket off the start and solidly planted road carver.

I couldn't be happier with these upgrades!!

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey on these BMR SP083 Springs, what do you have to do to fit those 19x11's up front?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey on these BMR SP083 Springs, what do you have to do to fit those 19x11's up front?
Assuming that you're going for a square wheel setup, 25 mm slip on hubcentric spacers, 1" extended studs and at least -2.0 camber.

OP
OP

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
These springs are easy with the 19x11 wheels, 32mm backspacing plus greater then 2 degrees of camber and you are good to go (will require camber bolts). Running a 285 or 295 tire with that backspacing shouldn't give you any problems. Before the SP083s I ran 1.5 front drop springs without issue.

Now that I have 305 tires up front I notice a slight rub with the steering wheel full locked in only one direction. I've determined that this is a result of changing to the Steeda tension and lateral links, going to try 5mm spacers to see if that fixes it.

Last edited:

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
And OMG it just keeps getting better with the addition of the BMR front bar today. I was laughing out loud as I felt out the car's limits today. It's so balanced and capable....and not a harsh track-only racecar, all at the same time. Blown away.
What setting on the BMR sway bar are you using? My mods match yours almost to a T, and after I installed the Steeda roll center corrected front arms, I was getting a lot more understreer at autoX than I was before. I initially thought that the camber I lost after I installed the Steeda arms was the culprit however, I also had the BMR front bar on medium. So I recently adjusted the bar to the softest setting in a hope to dial back some of the understeer. Do you think that will help?? If not, my next purchase will be a pair CC plates so I can dial back in some camber.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What setting on the BMR sway bar are you using? My mods match yours almost to a T, and after I installed the Steeda roll center corrected front arms, I was getting a lot more understreer at autoX than I was before. I initially thought that the camber I lost after I installed the Steeda arms was the culprit however, I also had the BMR front bar on medium. So I recently adjusted the bar to the softest setting in a hope to dial back some of the understeer. Do you think that will help?? If not, my next purchase will be a pair CC plates so I can dial back in some camber.
Medium. I have -2.0 deg of camber with the plates. Before the plates I only had -1.0 with the roll center correction kit (was -1.7 with stock arms). It takes away that much track width and negative camber, to the point where I'm not sure it's the right option for a track beast. You still need a sizable amount of camber regardless, so the -2.5-2.7 possible with stock arms and no tower hole modifications probably outweighs the improvements from the RC correction. I still like how it feels but I'm tempted to give it a go back on stock arms with the front bar and RLCA bearings now.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
hmm, so with the dual-rate spring's drop of 0.75" I guess I'll hold off on the roll-center correction arms. I guess they are mostly useful for the 1.25+ crowd.

Sponsored

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just ordered my Steeda lateral & tension links with bearings and bumpsteer kit so I could fit in with you guys :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
hmm, so with the dual-rate spring's drop of 0.75" I guess I'll hold off on the roll-center correction arms. I guess they are mostly useful for the 1.25+ crowd.
It's still a very noticeable difference in handling (and my front is only dropped about 0.65").

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So could the FRPP Struts and CBR083 springs be replaced with Steeda Pro-Actions Adjustable and Dual-Rate Springs ? I read trough TheLeon 6 page post comparing both solutions. But I think having the adjustability of the Pro-Actions and the stiffer rate of the Dual-Rate springs will be better ? Also regarding SwayBars from what I understand if you have a PP car (like me) you only need a Front SwayBar since I'm in Europe getting a GT350 bar is hard. Could I go with Steeda or BMR (prefer Steeda as it's adjustable) front sway bar ?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So could the FRPP Struts and CBR083 springs be replaced with Steeda Pro-Actions Adjustable and Dual-Rate Springs ? I read trough TheLeon 6 page post comparing both solutions. But I think having the adjustability of the Pro-Actions and the stiffer rate of the Dual-Rate springs will be better ? Also regarding SwayBars from what I understand if you have a PP car (like me) you only need a Front SwayBar since I'm in Europe getting a GT350 bar is hard. Could I go with Steeda or BMR (prefer Steeda as it's adjustable) front sway bar ?
I still owe you a reply to your PM. I'll get to that tonight :)

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
lotsa good info and definitely helped me decide on which way im goin!
Sponsored