Suspension Question... Steeda, BMR, and fellow M6G guys step on inside. :)

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes & Chassis' started by spacemarine83, May 6, 2019.

1. spacemarine83

spacemarine83 2017 Grabber Blue GT

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Grabber Blue GT w/6spd
    0   0   0
    Hi all,

Been a while since I have posted. Finally have gotten better after a long illness and cleared by my doctors, so the first thing I am doing is of course installing the pile of parts that I bought after doing a lot of reading here at Mustang 6G back in December. I have installed the following parts-

BMR 083 springs
    Steeda LCA and Tension links
    Front End Links from where, I dont remember. Big beefy suckers that are adjustable.
    Ford Racing struts
    all new hardware as needed, everything torqued to spec per the install instructions

Now, I ran the car around the block and ran it into the garage. I measured the ride height from the center of the wheel to the fender and it came out to exactly 15 inches for both sides. Like dead on. So, can anyone tell me if I need to have it clocked anyhow when the alignment is done next week? Also is there any issues with driving the car over the next week for a total of no more than 37 miles over good roads while waiting for the alignment job to be done at the dealership? Doing the rears now, and any advice on that?

2. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    Yes any bushings left need to be clocked (any you didn't replace with bearings). 37 miles is nothing to worry about without an alignment, just take it easy until you have it done. Make sure the bushings are clocked first, then the car needs to be aligned.

3. Cardude99

Cardude99 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Sam
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ecoboost
    0   0   0
    Ok stupid question as I don't understand what clocking a bushing is. But do I just take my car to an alignment shop once I lower it and tell them that I want them to clock the bushings prior to alignment? Will they know what the heck I'm requesting? What bushings do they need to mess with?

4. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    How this isn't a sticky I don't know.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ushings-after-lowering-your-s550.44129/unread

These stupid indexing teeth: 57_88f00fb3-b1dc-4724-b171-c8d2617e77d8_530x@2x.jpg

Cardude99 and ArcsandSparks like this.