M6G Suspension Nirvana

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes & Chassis' started by H1shawn1, May 19, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    H1shawn1

H1shawn1 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT TY
    0   0   0
    First 500 miles update:

In the original post I mentioned that it was exhausting trying to compare how the car felt over bumps from before the upgrade to post upgrade, SO I'm happy to report that I'm finally past it. To put it simply the car now just feels like it ought to. High speeds are extremely uneventful in this car, and on my wife's last ride along she was shocked whenever I'd tell her how fast we were going. The suspension is just always asking for more.

Overall I'm still extremely happy with how things have turned out. Early next week I'll get the alignment rechecked then hopefully start finding some places where I can really push the car and provide some more in depth feedback for y'all.

Bluemustang and BmacIL like this.
  2. Bluemustang

Bluemustang Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang Base GT
    Financial
    0   0   0
    That's we call a WIN! Haha. And when you can get positive feedback on the car from the wife or significant other that's a double WIN.
    The suspension setup gets better the faster you go, which is where you want the improvement to be.

J.P.B. and BmacIL like this.
  3. Rebellion

Rebellion Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Competition Orange GT
    0   0   0
    This is good news. I haven't seen much reviews on the s007a, I even asked the local Firestone store and nope, nothing. On par or better than MPSS on rain is a good place to be.

After a precarious drive from the track to home on my re71r, I am considering swapping to a less aggressive but more rain friendly tire. Re71r are the bee's knees but prevents me from enjoying the car a lot of times, without having to swap to my A/S set.

Next tire decision will probably be between Indy500 and s007a. @Bluemustang what has been your experience with the Indy500?

4. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    Those two are pretty different as far as grip goes. The S007A is about halfway between the Indy 500 and the RE71R for dry grip. The indy 500 is a very good street tire, and considering the price it's one of the best options for that use. While it can be used on the track, that's not the tire's forte.

5. Biggsy

Biggsy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Warren
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT PP
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    @H1shawn1 do you have any squeaking/creaking noises since install? or is it a quiet ride all around?

6. Rebellion

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I sort of assumed that the s007a would be in the middle based on threadwear and price. If dry grip is within like 10-15% of a re71r and it's acceptable on rain, I think it's well worth it. It's just weird that there are almost no reviews/tests of the s007a.

On the other side, indy500 cost like half of anything and reviews are positive.

7. OP
    OP
    H1shawn1

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT TY
    0   0   0
    I just want to be very clear here, I was not saying that the s007a was on par with the MPSS in the rain, just that I had more confidence with the upgraded suspension and the s007a 's in the rain then I ever did on the stock suspension with the MPSS. I think this says a lot about how the s007a handles in the rain, but very little about how the two tires compare in the rain. I just want to make sure I'm not unintentionally misleading anyone.

To see a comparison of the tire rack tests of these two tires check out this post and draw your own conclusions.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bridgestone-s007a-vs-michelin-pilot-sport-4s.120644/

Rebellion likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    H1shawn1

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT TY
    0   0   0
    It's quiet. I'm catless with muffler deletes so my car is rather loud, and minimizing noise isn't a concern of mine but as far as I can tell there has been no added noise since the changes.

9. Rebellion

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Thanks for pointing out that review, has just the right objective data.

10. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    I really didn't know what I was missing without the RLCA bearings. Now it is S550 nirvana. As Clarkson said, "What a machine!"

Bluemustang and H1shawn1 like this.
  11. OP
    OP
    H1shawn1

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT TY
    0   0   0
    BmacIL and Bluemustang like this.
  12. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    And OMG it just keeps getting better with the addition of the BMR front bar today. I was laughing out loud as I felt out the car's limits today. It's so balanced and capable....and not a harsh track-only racecar, all at the same time. Blown away.

Notagain, CoolRod, JohnBoyNC and 3 others like this.
  13. Bluemustang

Bluemustang Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang Base GT
    Financial
    0   0   0
    @H1shawn1 - Can I join you in the suspension nirvana?

The 3.55 Torsen diff housing I got put in really transforms the car. It's really come alive, especially with a well tuned suspension underneath it! Amazing what the S550 can do with a proper foundation. What a machine.

H1shawn1 and BmacIL like this.
  14. JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT PP
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    I just joined the club!

Installed Ford Performance Track shocks and struts with Eibach Pros I already had, BMR goodies including CB005 cradle lockout, swaybars and end links. Already have the BMR 4 pt front chassis brace. Topped it off with a Shaftmasters alum ds and the car has transformed itself into rocket off the start and solidly planted road carver.

I couldn't be happier with these upgrades!!

CoolRod, Bluemustang, BmacIL and 2 others like this.
  15. Ronnoc

Ronnoc Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    Hey on these BMR SP083 Springs, what do you have to do to fit those 19x11's up front?

16. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    Assuming that you're going for a square wheel setup, 25 mm slip on hubcentric spacers, 1" extended studs and at least -2.0 camber.

Bluemustang and Ronnoc like this.
  17. OP
    OP
    H1shawn1

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT TY
    0   0   0
    #37 H1shawn1, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    These springs are easy with the 19x11 wheels, 32mm backspacing plus greater then 2 degrees of camber and you are good to go (will require camber bolts). Running a 285 or 295 tire with that backspacing shouldn't give you any problems. Before the SP083s I ran 1.5 front drop springs without issue.

Now that I have 305 tires up front I notice a slight rub with the steering wheel full locked in only one direction. I've determined that this is a result of changing to the Steeda tension and lateral links, going to try 5mm spacers to see if that fixes it.

Ronnoc, BmacIL and Bluemustang like this.
  18. CoolRod

CoolRod Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT Premium Perf Pack
    Engineer
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    What setting on the BMR sway bar are you using? My mods match yours almost to a T, and after I installed the Steeda roll center corrected front arms, I was getting a lot more understreer at autoX than I was before. I initially thought that the camber I lost after I installed the Steeda arms was the culprit however, I also had the BMR front bar on medium. So I recently adjusted the bar to the softest setting in a hope to dial back some of the understeer. Do you think that will help?? If not, my next purchase will be a pair CC plates so I can dial back in some camber.

19. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    Medium. I have -2.0 deg of camber with the plates. Before the plates I only had -1.0 with the roll center correction kit (was -1.7 with stock arms). It takes away that much track width and negative camber, to the point where I'm not sure it's the right option for a track beast. You still need a sizable amount of camber regardless, so the -2.5-2.7 possible with stock arms and no tower hole modifications probably outweighs the improvements from the RC correction. I still like how it feels but I'm tempted to give it a go back on stock arms with the front bar and RLCA bearings now.

20. shogun32

shogun32 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT+PP, EB+PP, SS+1LE, GTI Rabbit
    0   0   0
    hmm, so with the dual-rate spring's drop of 0.75" I guess I'll hold off on the roll-center correction arms. I guess they are mostly useful for the 1.25+ crowd.