Lund Emissions Tune

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yea, ive been testing out their emissions tune for just the jlt. I haven't gotten the 02 to go off yet. The bama tune passed everything in under 50 miles of driving. Its definitely tune related. Funny thing is on the lund support facebook group, someone brought this up and jr's response was we are not responsible to make your non epa car compliant. Which makes sense the dude had headers not sure if they were catted or not. But basic bolts that don't remove the cats/ emissions related things should pass just fine.
That was me.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It has nothing to do with the headers. I could get my sensors to go green in 15 minutes of driving on the stock tune when I could swap it. That was with the O2 spacers too. I've since then removed my spacers which I still can't get a CEL no matter what.

This is either a Ford PCM issue while tuned or the way Lund has the tune set. I think it is more the tune personally.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I haven't read the full thread, but did you give Jon a call and ask him if he can go over the tune to make sure it wasn't fat fingered? or if he can send you a new one?
Per his response on FB, he's going to look over it and make sure something was not missed. He's really good about that. I'm putting a few more miles with no spacers on to see if I can get any different results, but I was in this same position for thousands of miles on my prior Lund 93 emissions tune when I had the stock manifold, headers, and my Airaid on the stock MAF curve.

The ONLY way I was ever successful getting the 93 emissions tune to go green on the CAT/O2/HO2 was setting them on the stock tune first from driving, then swapping to the emissions 93 tune and they went green shortly after a small drive the next day to work which was about 15 miles. Both of these scenarios I had the O2 spacers on. Since this option isn't available to me, I'm trying to figure out what my options are. To those that have sent me recommendations on shops, thank you. I've literally got 1 month to get this figured out before I start going shop to shop telling people I'm tuned with headers and a 2018 manifold, can you pass me?

I know many of you are in this same position as I am and unfortunately, the added stress of getting your car to pass makes things less enjoyable. The second I find a good solid solution, I will make sure it's a post that everyone can see.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Jon Jr. just literally responded to me not even minutes ago with a new file..... Wish me luck. Need to data log a bit on it to look at fuel trims.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’ve been fighting this battle for a long time now also. I’m not on a Lund tune though, PBD tune on mine and have the same problem with O2, HO2 and CAT. Something weird happened to me this weekend. I had to do some work in the engine bay and had to disconnect the battery for probably 20 minutes. I expected the monitors to reset to all red, but they didn’t. I thought disconnecting the battery forced this, am I wrong??

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I’ve been fighting this battle for a long time now also. I’m not on a Lund tune though, PBD tune on mine and have the same problem with O2, HO2 and CAT. Something weird happened to me this weekend. I had to do some work in the engine bay and had to disconnect the battery for probably 20 minutes. I expected the monitors to reset to all red, but they didn’t. I thought disconnecting the battery forced this, am I wrong??
Normally it would, but maybe it wasn't enough to fully reset the PCM. This reminds me I still need to install my GT350 steering wheel so I may do this when flashing the new tune too.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Normally it would, but maybe it wasn't enough to fully reset the PCM. This reminds me I still need to install my GT350 steering wheel so I may do this when flashing the new tune too.
Yeah that’s all I could think of, just wasn’t disconnected long enough. I totally forgot that I had to disconnect the battery to get the damn strut tower brace installed under the pos. battery cable. Doh. It is strange how fast the factory tune passes all the monitors, and the one for the blower doesn’t seem to want to pass them at all.

I wonder if it is just as simple as the mods to our engines cause it to run outside of factory parameters that determine a monitor pass/fail. Wondering if these parameters are something the tuners can’t or won’t adjust to allow a pass. Wish someone who understands the tuning of the coyote would spell it out so I could stop guessing why it won’t pass. I think you said you got a new tune file, crossing fingers for you.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah that’s all I could think of, just wasn’t disconnected long enough. I totally forgot that I had to disconnect the battery to get the damn strut tower brace installed under the pos. battery cable. Doh. It is strange how fast the factory tune passes all the monitors, and the one for the blower doesn’t seem to want to pass them at all.

I wonder if it is just as simple as the mods to our engines cause it to run outside of factory parameters that determine a monitor pass/fail. Wondering if these parameters are something the tuners can’t or won’t adjust to allow a pass. Wish someone who understands the tuning of the coyote would spell it out so I could stop guessing why it won’t pass. I think you said you got a new tune file, crossing fingers for you.
This new tune had the EVAP, CAT, O2, HO2 disabled on it. I did a log like he asked so I'm awaiting their response today.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This new tune had the EVAP, CAT, O2, HO2 disabled on it. I did a log like he asked so I'm awaiting their response today.
I have a tune like that that disabled the troublesome ones. Passed my emissions 1st year with that tune, then this year the inspector was too attentative, he saw the disabled monitors and sent me to the referee for a fail. If your testing is like mine, the monitor criteria is on the inspector to visually check and if they are cool they don’t pay attention and will pass you, but I got one this year who was following the rules. Just a heads up for you.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I have a tune like that that disabled the troublesome ones. Passed my emissions 1st year with that tune, then this year the inspector was too attentative, he saw the disabled monitors and sent me to the referee for a fail. If your testing is like mine, the monitor criteria is on the inspector to visually check and if they are cool they don’t pay attention and will pass you, but I got one this year who was following the rules. Just a heads up for you.
Yeah, my Flex and E85R tunes look exactly the same way. May just need to test the waters... lol.

OP
OP
VikingJoe

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I was told by someone to request the tuner disable one of the failing sensors since we are allowed to have one thing fail. I had asked Lund if they would do this and in short I was told no.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So I've got the second revision now that I'm running on and my CAT is now green from a 15 mile drive to work. Fueling is much closer or close enough to where it needs it to be to set according to Jon Jr. I need to get a few more miles on the car and I think I will be full green. The aftermarket mods throw off the values and those are what have to be tweaked in order to meet the ready status.

It is definitely the tune and your fueling has to be spot on for the monitors to be good it seems. I will report back when I'm all green. I'm also NOT running O2 spacers currently.
Sponsored