Lund Emissions Tune

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Wonder if I can get one. I have Whipple, Fore Fuel sys, and E85 =)
You'd probably have to run 93 octane, but it's possible to have the emissions stuff turned on by a tuner. Otherwise, you'd be stuck with the Whipple tune which I believe has the monitors on which with that fuel system isn't something you can do.
Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
You'd probably have to run 93 octane, but it's possible to have the emissions stuff turned on by a tuner. Otherwise, you'd be stuck with the Whipple tune which I believe has the monitors on which with that fuel system isn't something you can do.

I have Lund

5.0Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Base
I have Lund
Update Just got a email from Lund. the Current tune that is on the vehicle has all the monitors turned on. my 02 Extensions come in on Thursday. They were telling me that they really don't track down the emission problems so I guess I am SOL. I Really do not want to spend another $1500 on a new tune and high Flow Converters. I am Curious if reloading the tune will help.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Vibrant J-Style spacers do not fit correctly with ARH headers. Definitely a high quality piece and I do like the design, but ARH designed their O2 bungs in a way that these will not fit easily. These probably work much better with Kook's. The only way to get these to work would be making the O2 sensors extend even farther back and they would point up towards the driveshaft which would not be good imo.

I have my other straight O2 spacers back in and I flashed the tune back on that has the CEL codes on. Next step if the O2's don't go green is pulling the battery for 20+ minutes.

5.0Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flashed Back to my stock tune and put my emission tune back on. Have my Dig Daddy Defoulers and my Catted mid pipes coming in this week. Lund said everything looks fine with the tune. so hopefully I can get some kind of progress on the car passing emissions. Lund also noted that they do not track down issues for the emissions tune.

Sponsored

5.0Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update, installed my Highflow Converters last night. I did not install my defoulers as one of my techs said it was not necessary since I have high flow catalytic converters. can anybody confirm this. I have only driven 130 miles since I reflashed the tune. I have did a few WOT Pulls but still nothing..

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Update, installed my Highflow Converters last night. I did not install my defoulers as one of my techs said it was not necessary since I have high flow catalytic converters. can anybody confirm this. I have only driven 130 miles since I reflashed the tune. I have did a few WOT Pulls but still nothing..
I threw a code so I don't know how true that is. High flow cats don't behave the same way as normal ones or the Kook's green cats. If anything, probably shorter spacers with high flow cats.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I drove 80 miles tonight after filling up. Went WOT numerous times. Cruised for long periods of 40, 50, 60, 75, 80 mph. Nothing has changed. Still red on O2 / HO2. I'm just going to drive it normally and see if it just sets on it's own. Otherwise, I've been recommended a good shop near me that's friendly to modded cars. I'm just wasting gas and money currently in hoping it will go ready.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I drove 80 miles tonight after filling up. Went WOT numerous times. Cruised for long periods of 40, 50, 60, 75, 80 mph. Nothing has changed. Still red on O2 / HO2. I'm just going to drive it normally and see if it just sets on it's own. Otherwise, I've been recommended a good shop near me that's friendly to modded cars. I'm just wasting gas and money currently in hoping it will go ready.
I'm with you bro.... i gave up and made another arrangement. In the meantime if they come on, I will do a formal test. Too much time and money chasing this thing. 240 in tickets while out doing drive cycles pushed me to my decision lol.

Currently have the cats on, and will keep them on for a while to see what happens, but really need to take them off for road track use to further lower boost and temps.
If I only knew what I know now, would have done things differently for sure.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm with you bro.... i gave up and made another arrangement. In the meantime if they come on, I will do a formal test. Too much time and money chasing this thing. 240 in tickets while out doing drive cycles pushed me to my decision lol.

Currently have the cats on, and will keep them on for a while to see what happens, but really need to take them off for road track use to further lower boost and temps.
If I only knew what I know now, would have done things differently for sure.
It's just stupid because if I could go back to the stock tune, I'd set all the monitors in hardly no time. I've done it once already. I think the rear O2 values are still not matched up with the stock settings.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Got a new tune to test. Down the rabbit hole we go!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Those extenders only work if you're running a stock tune with headers on. My sensors all went green on the stock tune with the extenders I got off Amazon that look like that.

Now if you got all your sensors green while tuned with long tube headers, color me impressed.

5.0Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update, I am having a local shop tune the car tomorrow that should be able to pass emission. so we will see
Sponsored