Sponsored

Lund Emissions Tune

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyone able to pass emissions with lund's "emissions" tune? They sent me 3 separate tunes. One for 93, one for E85 and one for emissions which I was told by Brandon that the rear o2 sensors are on.

I have had a 1400 mile road trip as well as about 400 miles back and forth to work since I loaded the emissions tune and it is still showing 02 sensor and heated o2 not ready, everything else is showing ready including evap. I have tried various heat cycle recommendations from youtube. Admittedly I have not tried the Ford recommendation that was posted on the forum but I will try that this weekend. Hopefully someone has passed emissions with their emissions tune because I do not want to go back to stock... If I do that I am staying stock because this is not worth it.

Mods: JLT intake, '18 manifold, injectors. Stock cats are still on the car.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
How did you get your rear o2 sensors to ready?
No clue to be honest. They just sent me a tune revision. At the time I was running a JLT intake and stock manifold, stock cats.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do come May/June when inspection time comes. I can't get my O2 and HO2 to go green on mine. May have to end up trying to run spacers on the headers and pray. I might be able to pass with 2 red though here in Texas.

Sponsored

OP
OP
VikingJoe

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Not sure about Austin but up here in DFW you can only have 1 not ready.

Are you running your emissions tune as well and for how long? From the past few days of googling this seems to be common with Lund. I wonder if the other big tuners like AED are passing?

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Why didn't you just reload your factory tune about a week or two before testing?

OP
OP
VikingJoe

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Why didn't you just reload your factory tune about a week or two before testing?
I would have to put my stock manifold, injectors and intake back on. Unfortunately that may be my only solution in which case I will be staying stock because I am not swapping intake manifolds every 11 months.

It just sucks because I opted to keep my factory cats in an effort to stay emissions friendly lol.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm sure Lund will get you straightened out. I dont see how an OEMish manifold and larger injectors will affect emissions capability. Just work with them.

OP
OP
VikingJoe

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Already did. I was told the rear o2 sensors were on and to go back to stock if it doesn't work.

That's why I am trying to see if anyone figured this out.

Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I had this happen to me. What i ended up doing that worked was to remove the battery cables for about 20 minutes to reset everything and then complete the drive cycles. This was on my 2014 GT with the Lund emissions tune. I fought with this for two months blaming everything under the sun, but this is what finally made the monitors clear.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I think you might be SOL. I went through this and from what I gather the tuners out there don’t understand what it takes to allow the monitors to pass. They all just parrot the same line “we leave the O2 sensors on”, okay, but do they write a tune that allows the engine to operate within the parameters that allow the monitors to pass. I don’t think they do. Heck some of them even suggest driving for several thousand miles when the factory tune will pass within 100 miles of driving. Just send them your money and when their shit doesn’t work, move along.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i couldnt get mine to set without o2 sensor spacers from ebay. i had driven like 1K+ miles and they never set. put the spacers on and went back to stock tune and everything finally set on my first drive cycle. now im back on my normal lund tune still with the spacers installed and i just randomly checked yesterday and they are all set on the normal tune with spacers in.

b18__crx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mOOOSESTANG
wife bought me my ngauge and e85 tund from lund, hope i dont have issues. Whats the difference in the emission tune?

OP
OP
VikingJoe

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
wife bought me my ngauge and e85 tund from lund, hope i dont have issues. Whats the difference in the emission tune?
I can't tell the difference between the emissions tune and my 93 race tune power wise, they both feel the same. According to Lund the o2 sensors are activated on the emissions tune. Beyond that I have no idea if there are any other differences.

As long as you can go back to your stock tune without any issues you should be okay to pass emissions. Unfortunately for me I have a 2018 intake manifold and larger injectors so going back to the stock tune is not possible without reinstalling all of my stock parts. I reset my battery yesterday and I am driving the ford cycles all this weekend. If that doesn't work and I can't find a shady shop to pass me I am going back to stock permanently lol.
Sponsored