Sponsored

Stealth Hitch

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This is what I got back from Steve, the CEO, two days ago. Still looks like they are waiting on someone local.....

Hi Don,

We fully intend to get it completed. We just need a local customer to bring one in with a stock muffler to confirm fitment.

Best regards.
Steve Nance
CEO
Local to where? Their web page does not indicate where they are located.
Sponsored

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
Just checking their site I see that they finally released one. Though it says for 18+ mustangs.

https://stealthhitches.com/products/ford-mustang-2018-present

I emailed Steve about it this morning and he just responded. They believe it fits the 15-17 also, but need a confirmation of fitment before they officially release it. I went ahead and placed an order and will let them know if there are any issues. I will also update here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Yay, finally! I'm going to have to get one, plus they have a 15% off holiday deal going!

Sponsored

Fastfwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT 2012 Honda Accord V6 Coupe EX-L Nav
Glad to see this. I haven't gotten around to checking on what hitches are available. Thought I might have to give up my Kuat with the Mustang. A little pricey, but I'll be keeping it in mind.

So, anyone experience how difficult it is to mount yet? I don't see much with a quick search.

Also, why did the OP get one and then want to sell it? Did I miss that part?

OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Glad to see this. I haven't gotten around to checking on what hitches are available. Thought I might have to give up my Kuat with the Mustang. A little pricey, but I'll be keeping it in mind.

So, anyone experience how difficult it is to mount yet? I don't see much with a quick search.

Also, why did the OP get one and then want to sell it? Did I miss that part?
As the OP, I just ordered one, haven't received it yet. Not sure how difficult it will be to install, they don't actually have install instructions posted like for other vehicles. Looking at install guides for other cars, it doesn't seem that hard (like no more difficult than installing a catback exhaust or new intercooler).

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Interesting. I had a custom invisible hitch built for my 86 vert. Similar in design except the receiver is angled rather than vertical. The angle is supposed to transfer the back and forth load better. Was designed as a class 2 unit. Still completely hidden until the ball insert is installed. However, because it is a one-off creation was way more expensive than the Stealth Hitch piece.
th_DSCN1343.jpg

OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm selling mine, which is the only one that exists and is a prototype. Can't ship it obviousuly because it's 30 lbs. and huge, but... selling it :)
Dang, I just got mine, but haven't installed it yet. This thing is huge and heavy, it's got to be way more than 30 lbs though! But it's beautifully built.

Deleted member 35786

Anyone find one online over in Europe.. I been looking in Germany and such but they only have hitches to 2014 model year.. Europeans put hitches on everything so there has to be one out there somewhere.

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The Curt receiver hitch weighs 36# and it's fairly compact, but rugged. I was apprehensive about what it would do to the looks of the car, but after some time, I'm good with it now.
IMG_0461.jpg

OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Ok, so looking over the instructions for the Stealth Hitch, it doesn't look that hard. Have to pull the bumber cover and lower and support the exhaust at the rear. The hitch mounts to the rear frame rails like the other ones. One nice thing is there's no cutting/trimming of the lower bumber fascia like you have to do for a lot of the other supported cars/SUVs. Installation time stated is 3 hours, so for me that probably means 5 or so. I'll have to set aside some time to do this soon.

OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Ok, so what is with this wacky exhaust setup on this Mustang? This is from the installation sheet. What's with those weird extra looping pipes?????
2019-01-19 13.17.43.jpg

Deleted member 35786

Over $500 for a Stealth hitch!!!. I'll pass...
Sponsored