SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I don't know yet how it works. The owner was telling me on other cars they attach to mounting points of rear crash bars, not the typical locations on "frames" under the car. More or less that is the correct interpretation. I think you'd have to take off the bumper. Really no way around that with this design and we talked about a way to avoid it, and it's just not going to happen. He will be providing step-by-step instructions, presumably with my car in any photos.
Thanks, it does look great though! So since you were the guinea pig/prototype, you got it all done for free?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I haven't asked for anything because what I really need is a car trailer (and somewhere to keep it).

Last edited:

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
I can't wait to see the finished product, I am looking for a hitch for mine to take extras to the track, this looks like the best set-up by far.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully this Stealth design doesn't just attach to the bumper bar, or it may suffer from the same bracket failure as Steid6G's homebrew design.

I want one real bad tho so here's hoping.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It doesn't. Mounts to the frame. I have pictures of my prototype which is going to need some revision to accommodate stock mufflers, which I'm working on getting him a car for. Don't have the ability to post right now but it's STOUT. REAL STOUT.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
In for more pics :D

_

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
sub'd. Definitely interested.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Oh and anyone who is interested, don't forget to visit stealthhitches.com/pages/contact-us and let them know you're interested in one for the S550! The more interest generated, the quicker they'll have something available.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I did my best with these pictures, y'all. Sorry.

Stealth Hitch needs someone with a stock exhaust to verify fitment with actual mufflers. I suspect some minor gusset modification is needed. That is the only holdup before they go on sale. I am trying to find someone in my local area that is willing to let there car be a mockup and Stealth Hitch will give them free installation and a discount (not free). They're located in Sugar Hill, GA.

As you can see, it mounts to the strongest point in the immediate area with 4 bolts per side. They did strength testing and it can out tongue weight the available competition, so I'm told, by a good margin (although the suspension may not be suited for much more). When I was there, I told him that it needs to be able to tow a tire trailer (for which I estimated up to 500 lbs), be able to have a tow hook attached to it and survive a car being pulled out of the kitty litter at a track, and hold bikes on a bike rack.

40805833671_aa49a1fc9d_b.jpg

40805833631_cfb6885776_b.jpg

40805833571_464704c41d_b.jpg

I didn't have lighting available for any other pictures.

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Oh and anyone who is interested, don't forget to visit stealthhitches.com/pages/contact-us and let them know you're interested in one for the S550! The more interest generated, the quicker they'll have something available.
This isn't necessary. They already plan to produce. As you can see, a prototype is already made. Just need to do some due diligence.

OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
This isn't necessary. They already plan to produce. As you can see, a prototype is already made. Just need to do some due diligence.
Sorry, just thought more interest might speed things up a bit, but sounds like you're on top of it :)
Sponsored